Travelers Companies

348 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Product Pricing Development Program

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details First Round- done through a phone call. It was about 30 minutes of straightforward behavioral question. The technical question was simply what do you know about the industry. In two days, they contacted me to do a second round. I went to the office in Hartford, where I have a math and reading skills test followed by three 45 minute interviews. Most questions where behavioral

Interview Question – What is an ongoing trend in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details Submitted a resume via email and received a voicemail about a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back a week later from a contracting service saying I received the job and the logistics would be handled through their service.

Interview Question – Describe a project you have worked on with excel and how excel helped you to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Claims Representative Interview

Auto Damage Claims Representative

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details The interview was a four step process that took about 1 month. The first step was a phone interview with one of their HR staff. The phone interview was very simple and laid back. My interviewer was very nice and mostly asked me questions about my resume and education, with a few scenario questions about my work experience. About a week after the phone interview I was asked to take a 3 hour test that was similar to the SAT, but with the questions geared toward insurance claims. There was really no way to prepare for it, but if you test well, this section of the interview will not be very difficult. Two days after I took the test, I was told that I passed and was asked to come in for an interview with the Claims managers. The interview took about two and a half hours and the questions were mostly scenario questions about how I handled various issues and tasks in my previous work experience. I thought that I did well, but was contacted a few days later with an email turning me down for the job opening. The position payed well and the interview was pretty in-depth, so it was a bummer when I got turned down for the position. I didn't get to the final step, but the fourth step is an interview with the HR managers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time in your life where you failed or didn't measure up.   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

Property Claims Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details Resume submitted online, contacted by mgmt within the office to conduct phone interview. 2nd interview was with middle management staff, behavioral questions as expected. Third interview started with upper management and HR, and you are eventually matched with one-two current employees for a Peer Interview. Take this opportunity to ask more informal questions about the role (I.e. How long have they been there, expected daily routine, etc).

Interview Question – Think of a time when you were forced to make a business decision without having ALL of the information you needed; what did you do, what was the result, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company "hires ahead", meaning they try to stay competitive by remaining slightly above others in the industry for starting wages. Negotiation for initial salary is highly unlikely.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details Referred internally. Interviewed w/ a total of 7 people - two phone w/ HR. Both seemed to go very well. Invited in for interview w/ manager + 2 team members, HR said initial feedback was favorable. Asked to come back two weeks later for 2nd round. Interviewed w/ 2 VP's. 6 weeks later and still no answer up or down despite calls to internal HR recruiter. Unbelievable lack of professionalism. Up or down folkes. "No answer" indicates a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for applicants.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when you..."   View Answer

Workers Comp Interview

Workers Comp

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details Phone interviews followed by two in person interviews with three people. Spent about half a day with the team. I signed for a background check. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. One month has passed without any confirmation or rejection.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: they asked a few times about commute.   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Outside Property Claims Representative
Spokane, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details Slow process - standard HR questions, situational questions (i.e. give a time when...). Testing given to determine if you can read/write/follow direction such as given a map and then asked to identify addresses, direction, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Travelers was unwilling to negotiate any aspect of the hiring level/salary/vacation time

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details First I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Had interview and forward info to hiring manager, then a week later received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed face to face was told from manager should be hearing back in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email to schedule another face to face interview with 2 managers. I interviewed with manager, after that interview I shadowed someone for 30 mins. After that I had another interview with another manager. After that I was told should hear something in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email from the 2 managers boss over phone. After that interview I was told I should know if I received job in 2 weeks. The very next day I received an email from recruiter followed by a phone call saying I got job but I needed to put in application to do a background check and asked what my salary preference was. After that I received an email with offer and to go take drug test. After drug test, I received an email when to start.

Interview Question – Give me a scenario of when you approved something that you still regret.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because they asked me what I wanted to make and it was approved. Salary is great..

Very Easy Interview

Associate Account Executive Interview

Associate Account Executive
Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details The process was very professional. Phone Interview, Nice Application before process and test before interview. The only issue being in Hartford in winter you had to walk outside. The parking was not with th e same building. Hartford is a very confusing city so leave plenty of time.
Very nice as soon as you arrived.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected in questions   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!