Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

Workers Compensation Or Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

First there is a phone screening. Then next you are called in for an in person screening. (Waste of time because you are asked the same questions during your phone screening) Lastly, you are called in for an interview for 4 hours! So stupid. You complete 6 rounds of interviews for 30 minutes with 2 different managers during each setting. They are grilling you for questions. If you give an answer they don't like the lame managers will frown and give you faces. One manager said, yeah yeah you already said that. How rude! Well I will say it again. There are no breaks during the interviews just one bottle of water. This company is ridiculous all the managers are disrespectful and they had co-workers interviewing during the process. I'm thinking are you qualified to interview They don't care if you have a degree and they frown upon higher education. At all cost a waste of time trust me!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with an irate customer?   View Answer

Investigative Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Long interview process (2+ months), but now I understand why it's necessary. The job isn't easy, and they want to make sure they're selecting the right people. You need to be a master at time management, multi-tasking and customer service in order to get through the day without pulling your hair out. Once you get through the first few months, you start to "get it" and there is a ton of freedom and individual responsibility (at least in our office) to learn and grow at your own pace. NO MICROMANAGEMENT! Coming to Travelers was the best career move I've ever made. They are a class act, promote and pay generously and value the thoughts and opinions of their employees. I'm in for the long haul.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions. Asked if I knew about certain insurance terms. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a total of three interviews and a job shadow.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Two interviews; one on campus and a final round in Hartford. Every single interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I got to speak with people currently in the program, recent graduates of the program, and people high up in the department.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions
      "What are some current trends in insurance?"
      "How would you price a product"
      They asked a few questions to test my entrepreneurial skills like "assume you inherited a family business" and then asked about how you could increase competitiveness

Answer Question

Risk Associate Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

After submitting my application for the position I was sent a generic automated email from Travelers. The email simply stated they received my application and would contact me if my credentials met the job criteria. Within a week of my application a few Travelers employees looked at my LinkedIn profile and I received a call from the hiring manager at Travelers to set up a phone interview. The hiring/interview process occurred over the span of three separate interviews.

The first interview consisted of a half hour to forty five minute conversation with the Director of National Accounts for the Risk Control business segment. I was asked general questions regarding my resume, past work experience, education, and why I was interested in Travelers. Following this phone interview I then coordinated an in-person interview with the Director of Risk Control.

My second interview with the Director of Risk Control was slightly more technical than the first phone interview. During this interview I was asked more specific questions regarding my past work experience and how I would be ably to apply it to the role with Travelers. Other question were asked like, "Why do you want to leave your current employer?" and "How can you benefit Travelers?". Overall, the interview lasted around forty five minutes to an hour and was not too difficult.

My third and last interview concluded with the VP of the North Central Region for Risk Control. Our conversation lasted around a half hour and no new questions were asked during this time. The whole "interview" seemed more or less like the interviewer was trying to get a feel for me as a person, not necessarily looking for any more qualifications.

Once I finished the interview process I was asked to fill out an online form consenting to a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable being responsible for accounts valuing over one million dollars?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Got two phone calls from HR. One to see if I was still interested in the position, the other to schedule the phone interview. Phone interview was an hour long. Hardly asked me any behavioral questions. Asked where do you see yourself in 3 years? It was mostly technical questions (asked a lot of statistical questions) and a ton of auto insurance questions.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Travelers is an insurance company. And I applied for the summer intern in Hartford, Connecticuts. I applied through campus recruiting and got an interview about 2 weeks after sending the application. Interview lasted for an hour with technical questions. Very friendly managers and it was a good experience. If you want to do well in the interview, you really need to prepare yourself well!

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

One interview. Went smoothly. Very easy to find out what questions were by asking around online. The men were very nice who interviewed me and I had several emails back and forth before they never responded with a yes or no for a second interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online, got an email 2 days later to do a 15 minute phone interview. After the conversation the recruiter said she'd like to schedule me for an exam in almost a month's time, and to fill out a background report. First thing is they give you a typing test which if you fail under 35 wpm you're told to leave in front of everyone. If you pass that you stay for the 4 hour exam. There was a math portion, an insurance like portion where you have to find and decide information in a document. And some general find the error, spelling, and grammar tests. I got a call that night, around 7:30, from the call center manager to come in the next week for an in person interview. It was with the general manager and a regular manager, basic customer service/interview questions, thought I did well. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks, emailed me 3 days later saying I didn't get the job. Job pay was 38k a year

Analytics Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Went to a career fair and they got my resume and asked me to call for the interview. Asked me how i would build a model. went through by resume with me and asked questions.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Very long process. First if your application online is approved, you will have a 20-30 minute phone interview, very basic and simple. If approved, 2 weeks later you come in for a 6 part, 3 1/2 hr general knowledge test involving simple typing, math, and English comprehension excercises. You must pass all parts of the test, and if you do, 2 weeks later you will have an interview lasting 45 minutes to an hour, this is the final step of the process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had conflict at your previous employment position and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you went above and beyond at your precious employer   Answer Question