Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
    • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Credit Research Associate Analyst Interview

I suppose you could say I've completed the first few steps of the interview process. I met with Travelers at a campus career fair. The next day, I had a brief and mostly informal interview with them. Almost all behavioral, with one brain teaser. After that, I had to write a 2-page (max) "essay" which I just sent it. The topic was bonds.

Interview Questions
    • At 6:30, what is the angle between the hour and minute hand?   View Answer

Claims Representative Auto Interview

There is an initial phone interview in which they primarily describe the job and salary requirements. If you pass that you are asked to come in for a group interview. You are paired off with an interviewer, asked fairly routine questions about your work habits, organizational skills and how you deal with timeline and difficult clients/customers. Your responses are rated and scored and if you pass you are invited to come back and take an assessment. My assessment was a timed paper test consisting of 8 parts multiple choice questions. We were also asked to submit a writing sample. Your were given a prompt and asked to write a written response in word, in my case it consisted of a letter from a customer whose claim was denied. We were told why the claim was denied and asked to write a letter to the customer explaining to reason.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview consisted of questions such as: describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult client/customer. Describe your organizational skills/methods. ect....   Answer Question

Notice of Loss Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

I had a phone interview with a woman about this position in Independence, OH. She had stated she would send my information to the hiring managers and suggest an in face interview. She said it would be okay to follow-up with her if I didn't hear anything. I followed up with a voicemail about a week later, then a few days after that, and so on and so forth. I never heard back from the manager's or her in regards of me either moving forward or not. The job was reposted about a month after I applied and is still open now, which leads me to assume that they are no longer interested, however the fact that I could not receive an answer on my interview status I felt was very unprofessional. I suggest the company make an effort to let prospective employees know if they are going to honestly move forward in the process, or if they are not going to consider you.

Underwriter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 24 hrs but took 3 weeks to schedule 1st phone interview. Next I gave 3 in-person interviews all of them were easy and straightforward. Waiting for final decision

Account Manager/Assistant Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Process took 2 months. Applied online, got a call from Hr, phone interview, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Took a month to schedule my 1st in person interview. Once that was scheduled everything went a little smoother. 3 days later I was got a call back for a final sit down interview with the hiring manager and 2 other people from the Indy office. Very next day I got a call back from hr asking how my interview went and was told I would be hearing something back within the week. 2 weeks went by and I finally heard back from Hr about a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, very easy interview questions, just do your homework and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Return to Work Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenixville, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenixville, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2014.

The initial communication was an open house at a Hilton Hotel. The hours were very convenient and professional dress did not seem necessary. 1st was an explanation of the company, its philosophies, the insurance (WC) from a couple of perspectives, and meeting the director who would probably have oversight of the position (case management director). Next, I met with 2 nurses who do the job. They left me feeling relaxed about my background, and were not intimidating. They talked about day-to-day operations of their positions. Finally, a HR person who appeared to know the position fairly well and allowed for questions re: benefits, salary, although at this time I had none. I wanted to make sure the position was right for me.
    I then rec'd a ph call for a telephonic interview. This covered line by line of my resume. This lasted an hour. By the end, I felt I had a 50/50 chance of another interview. I was informed when they would be calling for a follow-up interview (2 weeks). Before then, I rec'd an email saying the interview process for me was completed. I appreciated the email, rather than having to wait.

Interview Questions
    • The question of: do you think you would like working with people caught me off guard since I not only would be working with several case managers, but claims, and providers.
      Also, what kind of culture of the workplace was I expecting.
        Answer Question

Investigator Workers Compensation Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2014.

Very friendly, laid back and welcoming to new employees. Seem eager to teach new people and sense a quality work life balance. A lot of places come off stiff in an interview, not this organization. They seem to truly enjoy what they do and want to teach others that are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Name a circumstance where you knew you were right about something and could not convince the other party - what did you do?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

I applied online and had a phone screen within a week. The "talent acquisition rep" and I stayed in touch via email after I took an online test/screen but it was almost 4 weeks before I was contacted for an in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with 6 people in succession over 2 hours. I was ultimately offered the job about a week and a half later, and started about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions - it was more of a conversation than a test.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but my offer was so amazing that I did not need to negotiate anything.

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Diamond Bar, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

The interview process is very thorough and highly organized. You are given the opportunity to meet with roughly 10 different people in 5 different interview sessions. The individuals you don't have an opportunity to interview with get a chance to eat lunch with you and one other candidate during an impromptu interview during lunch. Overall, I had a positive experience and really felt like I was able to learn a lot about Travelers and the people that I would potentially be working with.

Interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and you had to change your plans.
      If management made a decision you didn't agree with what would you do?
        Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!