Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

Inside Auto Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

I applied online. I was called a few weeks later for a phone screening. This phone screening lasted about 20 minutes. About a week after the phone screening, I was invited to an open house at the Wyomissing location. The open house was an excellent experience. There was an overview given to the group about the company and then we were assembled into small groups where a manger gave an overview to the position. After the small group we were taken to another room and given a one on one interview. After the interview we were offered snacks and taken to listen to a few VPs tell us more about the company. After meeting the VPs we were allowed to speak to current employees. We were allowed to ask them just about anything. Everyone was very nice and everyone really seemed to enjoy working for Travelers. About a week after the open house I was asked to take an assessment test. This was actually eight SAT type tests. Some of these tests were pretty difficult. Hopefully I will hear back soon to see if I passed and if I will continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions, give me an example of a time you... This was not difficult.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

I applied through my college's career website and applied through their website. I received an e-mail to set-up a phone interview. Following my phone interview 1-2 days, I received an e-mail to set up a super day interview. The interview consisted of 3 45-minute interviews, a lunch with another candidate and 2 analysts, as well as a one-hour assessment. The assessment is half verbal and half math. The assessment is basically a test on seeing how well you can identify important data and incorporate that into the answer (which is similar to an analyst position). I am still waiting to hear back if I received a final offer or not.

Total Loss Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 45 min to an hour. Received a phone call a couple of days later from HR to set up a time to take the assessment. Assessment was 8 parts. Not too hard but very lengthy! Took about 3 hours. Received a phone call from HR the same day after the assessment and was informed I had passed and a manager would contact me the next week. Manager contacted me 6 business days later to set up interview. Said it would be 4 hour interview with 2 or 3 different panels. Interviewing this week. Will update once interview is done. Process so far has been about 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Do you think a someone's GPA describes their work ethic?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

the process took about 3 months in total. Found through a career fair. Was asked to come for on site interview. Very nice people but wont get back to you after interview.

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Overall process takes about a month.. Sent in resume and received a call the next day to set up phone interview. I set the phone interview for the following day. It is good to keep a copy of your resume in front of you when on the phone interview (which lasted about 35 mins). Received an email the same afternoon confirming a date to come in for phase 2 of the process which is taking the 7 part exam. The exam is not extremely difficult but not very easy either (math, grammar, vocab, etc). Received a phone call about 4 days later that I had passed the exam and set an appointment for part 3 of the process which is the in person interview. This could be a bit intimidating because it last for about 3 hours. Just be prepared for a bunch of behavioral questions (what did you do in this situation). Also you will be interviewed in front of a panel. Have not heard back yet, still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to change the scope of work in the middle of a project..   Answer Question

Holiday India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

Holiday India started its operation as a complete Conference and Event Management company. Today, it is one of the fastest growing and up-coming tour companies for inbound travelers to India.

Outside Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

The first step was a phone interview. If you pass that you will have to take a 4 test which they send you a link for GED practice test. It's really not a test you can study for. If you pass that you move on to an interview with two unit managers then if you make it through that two higher level managers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are behavioral. It really depends on your experience. Overall the managers were some of the nicest people I have ever met. They really make you feel comfortable.   Answer Question
    I was offered more money than I asked for so there was no negotiation process. They do seem to offer higher than most companies.

Quant Interview

Very long day of onsite interview. 7-8 peopele, 1 hour each people. A lot f behavior questions. No tech questions at all. Got result a week later. The salary is good for CN but not really competitive. The city is nice and the company seems well-regarded. But hr never follow-up with me after the offer.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I am scheduled for a face to face interview next week however everything leading up to this point has been very stressful. I have completed the skill tests and phone interview. Not sure what to expect during the 2hr face to face... but will keep fingers crossed

Auto Appraiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2014.

This process includes 5 rounds of interviews/meetings (including two phone interviews). The first is an initial Human Resources Screening (phone interview). Followed by a face-to-face interview with the Product Line Manager. The third and fourth meetings are combined into one visit, as you meet with the direct supervisors of the position which you are applying, and you also are required to conduct a peer meeting, which is speaking with someone who is already in the position which you are applying for. Lastly, you conduct one final one hour interview with Human Resources (phone interview) to review all the information you received.

The initial call acknowledged receipt of my online application, and arranged a time for the first phone interview. A few days later, the Human Resources phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was advised that the hiring team would review the phone interview information, and select candidates to move forward. The HR rep provides contact information to check the status of your application weekly.

About two weeks later, I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. I met with the Product Line Manager, who I learned managed the supervisors of the position I applied for. This interview lasted about 45 minutes. In hindsight, this interview was the most critical. Essentially, if your boss' boss approves of you, you're halfway there.

About ten days later, I received a call from the supervisors to schedule an interview. This meeting was more informal, gave me a chance to learn more about the day-to-day duties of the position. This meeting lasted about 45 minutes as well, and was more an informative session than an interview. During the same meeting, I conducted a peer interview. This gave me a chance to speak with someone already in the position, and ask any questions. Again, more informative than anything.

Lastly, I received a call from Human Resources to schedule my final interview. This phone interview lasted one hour, and reviewed all the information you learned thus far. The main point of this call was to "fill in the gaps", make sure that all of the necessary information was conveyed throughout the interview process. The HR representative advised a two week follow up window for a decision.

I was contacted in one week. It will usually be on a Monday or a Tuesday. From the date of the offer, you will have 48 hours to complete your drug test. If you don't complete the test within that time, your offer will be revoked and you will not be considered for any position with Travelers for six months. For this reason, you usually won't hear back on a Thursday or Friday, as most drug testing locations are open during business days.

Questions are very straight forward, no brain teasers, no gimmicks. The goal of each discussion is to review your background, identify your strengths and what you do well, identify your weaknesses and discuss issues you've had in the past regarding your responsibilities (especially if those same issues are likely to reoccur in the position you are interviewing for), and discuss your willingness and ability to adapt to your new role.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Give me an example of a time you had to manage your own schedule? 2. Do you like vehicles? 3. What is your method of prioritizing multiple tasks, give me an example of when you had to do this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary. You won't find another offer in the industry higher.