Travelers Companies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
354 interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2012.

The recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview and then a week after I was scheduled for an actual interview with the Operations Director. Then a second interview with the Operations Manager and a Managing Account Executive. An offer letter was emailed to me soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions, very "automated". All interviews, phone and in-person had scenario questions on organization, desk management and working to meet due dates.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

no negotiation.

General Liability Adjuster Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Phone Interviewed and took assessment test. Interview was lengthy, went well. Lots of questions regarding experience and they explained the job qualifications in detail. Assessment test was not very hard they just did not allow enough time to complete all questions in a few of the assessments.

Interview Questions
    • Math comprehension and computation did not allow enough time.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program + Actuarial and Analytical Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2013.

Initial contact with recruiters was through a university career fair. On-site interviews were conducted the next day with two recruiters, and around 12 people out of maybe 80-100 who screened at the career fair were selected for the morning-after on site interviews. After that, perhaps 3-4 of the initial 12 were invited to Hartford for final round interviews. Mostly behavioral questions, but included a couple of interesting situational questions as well. A great experience for my first ever interview!

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about pricing a product?   View Answer

Inland Marine Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

I applied for the position at the Irvine, California office at the end of March of 2014. I was called for a phone interview by the Hiring Manager a few weeks later. I did an in person interview with the Colorado based Hiring Manager on 4/18/14. I waited close to a week and then I followed up with HR as the Manager did not call me back the following Tuesday as originally discussed during our interview.

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

FMLDP - Internship Interview

First round on campus interview followed by a four round interview at the company in downtown St. Paul. Two with participants of the program, one with a VP of Finance and the final one was via video conference with the director if the internship program from Harford, Connecticut.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some specific accounting and finance questions that were a little tricky, but nothing too hard.   Answer Question

IT Risk Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I was called by the HR Recruiter, had an initial 30 minute screen. Recruiter was heavily focused on my salary requirements which I consistently reassured I was negotiable. I then had a 30 min conversation with hiring manager, who was very open and informative. Sounded like he was trying to hire and groom a person so he could retire soon. I then went for in person interviews. All went well - very skill focused rather than behavioral, except when interviewed by HR representative. She was very open and communicated the company had a lot of professional development opportunities. The VP interview was different. I felt like this person was threatened by my experience. Tried to give me a pressure interview which I answered calmly and thoroughly. All and all, the interviews were fine except for the last one where I don't believe I would have done well working for the VP which I think would've happened if the hiring manager retired. The company is old school - old technology which was unsettling. Looks like people have been there for 20+yrs on average. Could be good, could be bad. In the end, the HR rep called and told me it was between me and another candidate and they decided not to choose either but to re-post the position...makes you wonder how decisions are made within the company.

Interview Questions
    • All skills based related to my previous experience. 'Tell me about yourself" is always the opening question...   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryland Heights, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

I applied for this position on 02/23/14. I received an email from the recruiter on 03/21/14 to set-up a phone interview. I had the first phone interview on 03/25/14 with the recruiter. On 04/16/14, I had the 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited for an on-site interview on 04/28/14 with the hiring manager. The interview took an hour and most of the questions were behavioral. On 04/29/14, I received an email from the recruiter requesting another on-site interview with the regional leader. I had the last interview on 04/30/14, to discuss the account manager position in depth and a few behavioral questions. I received a phone call from the recruiter on 05/05/14 with a contingent offer pending background and drug test. The background and drug test came back on 05/12/14 and I am clear to start in two weeks

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was easy and everyone was EXTREMELY nice.   Answer Question
    The salary was way more than I thought and I was excited to accept it

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

The hiring prices went fairly smoothly. From the time I applied, to the time I was offered the position, was probably about 3 weeks. There was a phone interview, 2 assessment tests, then the interview with the hiring team. The interview questions were fairly easy. I was offered the position about 4 days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • None comes to mind. Standard questions.   View Answer