Tyco

Updated 26 Nov 2014
Updated 26 Nov 2014

2.8

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Finance Manager Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions
    • If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

Interview set-up through a temp agency. I interviewed for administrative assistant for 2 different departments. I interviewed with the Operations manager and the Service Department Manager together. They took turns asking questions. They had me talk through my resume. The process was a bit adversarial. The Ops manager questioned my seriousness and whether I could fit into their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • To comment on the seriousness of my personality.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

Service Support Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tyco.

The interview was very basic, I was interviewed by (3) different managers. They explain what the role/position is, telling you what to expect. You won't know what they are talking about until you really get yourself into the business.

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco.

They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
    Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
    the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.

Commercial Installation Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

Was short. He mostly dodged my questions into the Kozlowski scandal

Interview Questions
    They sent a letter and included an offer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

The interview was conducted in person

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They told me what the job paid and I accepted.