Tyco Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.7

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Very professional and friendly and informational allowed me to listen to a few calls to see if it was something I was interested in doing. I was offered the position and accepted the offier

Interview Questions

• what is your longtime goal   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met the hiring manager at a Starbucks near the Irvine headquarters. He asked behavior questions, and a lot of questions involving my past experience in sales. He was very professional, and I dressed to impress. He explained the companies expectations and what the company expects in a sales role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to close him in the end of the interview.   1 Answer

Billing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tyco in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. The staffing agency has been horrendous throughout this entire process, kudos to Tyco for sticking with me. The interviewer didn't really ask a question, she just explained the position for an hour. The position is very overwhelming, but the interviewer explained it very well. She only asked very generic predictable questions, and even when I tried to answer she steamrolled me and went back into describing the position's duties.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Financial Planning Analysis Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Tyco in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two managers. It was very formal. I was asked questions from each manager. They asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous roles. How I stepped up as a leader. A time I failed. What I accomplished and how accomplished tasks at my previous experience. I was asked general behavior questions. Know your resume really well.   Answer Question

Talent Management Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions

• If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tyco (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview set-up through a temp agency. I interviewed for administrative assistant for 2 different departments. I interviewed with the Operations manager and the Service Department Manager together. They took turns asking questions. They had me talk through my resume. The process was a bit adversarial. The Ops manager questioned my seriousness and whether I could fit into their work environment.

Interview Questions

• To comment on the seriousness of my personality.   1 Answer