Tyco Interview Questions

Updated 20 Aug 2014
Updated 20 Aug 2014

2.8

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Finance Manager Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions
    • If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco.

They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
    Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
    the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.

Commercial Installation Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

Was short. He mostly dodged my questions into the Kozlowski scandal

Interview Questions
    They sent a letter and included an offer

Account Manager Interview

You speak to the manager of the department and they go through the typical interview questions you normally would get at most interviews. They look for people who have the background to do the job you are applying to with in the company. Mine was to know about technically driven products so you would need to have a good grasp on technically driven products.

Interview Questions
    • None that you shouldn't know already when you are prepared for interviewing with anyone.   View Answer
    Right away.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyco.

I was brought in by a recruiter for a position other than for the one i was hired. The interview process i feel is really dependent on the interviewer. One interview was very open, friendly and engaging; very much just getting to know you. The next was filled with technical and even trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions all revolved around my understanding of Excel.   Answer Question
    No negotiating was required. I was moving from out of state and had 2 other offers on the table for similar positions and accepted the highest.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

The interview process was very straightforward with many of the normal questions that you would expect to be asked in an interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very helpful and eager to answer any and all of my questions. They really try to get to know you as a candidate in order to make the best possible decision for both you and the company.

Interview Questions
    • How many people do you need to speak with everyday in order to be a successful salesman?   Answer Question