Tyco

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Sales Representative Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Tyco in May 2013.

Interview Details It takes a few meeting and the process is a bit long, once hr contact you which then you are likely in for the job.

Interview Question – How can you help the company.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in December 2011.

Interview Details Total 5 rounds, first round was a phone screen with the QA manager, asked technical questions about computing, networking, etc. Second phone screen was with a QA Lead from east coast, asked questions regarding work experience on resume, just simply yes or no questions, not technical. Third round was with 2 QAs & 2 developers. Forth round was with 4 dev managers, Fifth round was with dev director.

Interview Question – There was a weird question by one of the dev managers.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details You speak to the manager of the department and they go through the typical interview questions you normally would get at most interviews. They look for people who have the background to do the job you are applying to with in the company. Mine was to know about technically driven products so you would need to have a good grasp on technically driven products.

Interview Question – None that you shouldn't know already when you are prepared for interviewing with anyone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Right away.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details I was brought in by a recruiter for a position other than for the one i was hired. The interview process i feel is really dependent on the interviewer. One interview was very open, friendly and engaging; very much just getting to know you. The next was filled with technical and even trick questions.

Interview Question – The technical questions all revolved around my understanding of Excel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was required. I was moving from out of state and had 2 other offers on the table for similar positions and accepted the highest.

Intern

I interviewed at Tyco in January 2014.

Interview Details Very friendly people who take the time to get to know your personality. Interview questions were straightforward. They will ask some questions based on your resume.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Tyco? Why this position?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details The interview process was very straightforward with many of the normal questions that you would expect to be asked in an interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very helpful and eager to answer any and all of my questions. They really try to get to know you as a candidate in order to make the best possible decision for both you and the company.

Interview Question – How many people do you need to speak with everyday in order to be a successful salesman?   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Fort Washington, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details Interview was fairly lightweight, none of the Google or Microsoft abstract thinking questions. More experience based, "what would you in this situation" and making sure you are a good fit for the team and manager - which is very important.

I started with the company in a junior position. so interviewing was easy. only one interview and an offer.

took around 4 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. background checks, education verification etc may take longer.

Interview Question – What are your plans for the future, where do you see yourself in 5 years. This questions is asked to see if you are a planner and a forward thinker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The offer was the offer - but originally applied for a junior position

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details 3 Times interview not sure to accept Job because of many Open questions

Interview Question – Interviewer could not Antwerpen my question   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details Initially I was hired as a Assistant manager, and was also promised for growth with in 6 month to 1 year to the position of Manager. There would generally be a good amount allotted for new hires, how ever HR/ Dept Managers negotiate too much and gain importance showing cost saving on the hiring, very poor hiring strategy. This has a long standing effect as when you compare your counter part in other countries/ town/ other companies with in India, many a times you would realize that you have not been on par with your counter part.

Job Security - This company has a history of firing people with out proper notice period, due to failure in their recruitment process.

Interview Question – How does HR ensure they evaluate an individual on his performance with out any prejudice.

What are the steps / initiatives taken by management to eliminate favouritism in India

How do they identify and grow talents with in the company
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never negotiate the salary, HR Managers are not here to identify and state your worth.

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details Resume shortlist followed by Telephone Interview. The resume shortlist is mostly based on Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and projects. Around 15 were shortlisted out of 50 students. The interview is very generic. They didn't concentrate much on technical aspects. Most of the questions were HR oriented-- Whether my interests match with the profile etc.

Interview Question – Why am I interested in the given profile. Two profiles were given, one on communications and other on embedded systems. I was asked to explain which of those I would like to choose and why   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tyco

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!

Tyco Videos

Tyco – Why Work for Us?

We have a passion to protect what matters most. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a consultative approach to delivering tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tyco interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Tyco employees and interview candidates.