U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details It started with about 2 telephone interviews in late 2011. A month later I was called in for a panel interview with three Branch Managers. They asked general questions to determine my background and problem solving skills. On the same day, I was told to go upstairs and met with District Manager. That process went well, and was interviewed a week later by the VP. Overall, their questions were great because they seek to determine your problem solving skills, and not necessarily a great-sounding answer.

Interview Question – Your boss tells you in confidence that he is considering firing a colleague, who happens to be your best friend at work. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2011.

Interview Details There was a career fair at my university, and I got a phone interview through a recruiter. I didn't even apply; they just called me. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. My interviewer was really chill; it felt really informal. Lots of behavioral questions and "Why do you want to work here?" kind of questions.

After the phone interview, I got called back for the panel interviews at the office. My first panel interview included 1 current LDP and 2 branch managers. More behaviorable questions (pretty much the same as the phone interview). Time to ask questions about the program and being a branch manager. The 2nd panel interview (about an hour and half later) was with 2 district managers. Even more behavioral questions but also about your experience (based on your resume). They were really nice.

A couple weeks later, I got a call from the hiring manager and was told that I made to the "assessment interview". This interview was supposed to be conducted by the Gallup company (because they ask you behavioral questions in a very stoic and unbiased manner to determine your fit into the company). I called Gallup to set up my interview (which was supposed to take approx 45min-1hr) but was told that the request for my interview had been canceled.

Later, I called US Bank to clarify what had happened. Apparently, the program was "on hold" indefinitely and I was told that if I found anything else interesting on their site, then I can let them know. Needless to say, I moved on in my job hunt.

Interview Question – If you had a single mom employee (banker), who brought in tons of business and was absolutely stellar, what would you do if she wanted to leave because she was being offered a better paying job at your competitor's company? You have maxed out your salary budget as well.   View Answers (2)

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details I originally submitted and application during a college career fair. I was contacted for a last minute interview that consisted of two parts, both in front of panels one 3 person panel one 4 person panel. The second round was another panel interview with higher up managers (4).

At this point they called me back for a third day of interviews and decided I would fit better in another position and that required another set of interviews (4 more to be exact)

It was a long process but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to

DO YOUR RESEARCH AHEAD OF TIME

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation, the salary came back higher than I had expected and as this job was much higher than the one I had applied for I accepted

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!