U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.6

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Coast, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Coast, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

I had to do an imaginary sales call to test out my knowledge. They were desperate for bankers so hired on the spot. The interview was a basic, what experience do you have etc. They wanted to know if you would work weekends etc.

Interview Questions
    I said i was 13 instead of 12 and they cooperated.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

long annoying process that people dont know how to work they take their time and keep you on your feet for an extended amount of time. It takes 3 weeks for them to respond thats if they call you to let you know at all.

Interview Questions
    • nothing stressful, easy questions unnecessary time taking   View Answer
    no negotiating, stupid low pay with horrible benefits

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

the interviewer was very professional and had a great list of thought provoking questions. Made good use of our time and was positive yet honest when I asked questions on the direction of the organization.

limited

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Conducted three face to face interviews. This was with three different managers and three different locations

Interview Questions
    • Very laid back interview process. They want to see if you can strike up a conversation with them and hold it. After the first interview i as asked to log into their web site and apply for the job.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Out of the top 5 financial institutions, U.S. Bank has the most easiest application and interview process. Upper management always seem to hire the applicant with little to no banking experience.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!