UBS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Processing Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2010.

interview was ok. more of an informal chat but I think it is far more strict nowdays. they have to complete competency tests and have several interviews. years ago it was just a chat.

no negation. offered the salary that I wanted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Had a conference call for about an hour with 2 future members of the team. Talked about me and them. They asked me question to test my knowledge and I asked them questions about what kind of job they are doing. Overall very friendly, but was a little problem with connection: I was in Russia, another person was in London and another person in Sydney (Australia).

Interview Questions
    • There wa a multitasking question that was a bit tricky.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

The scheme is designed to develop individuals who can lead and manage our complex business units and functions, which play a crucial role in ensuring that we are able to capitalise on the strength of our investment capability. We are looking for individuals who are excited about delivering commercial success by applying a combination of analysis, strategic thinking, relationship management and leadership skills. This scheme will suit graduates who have a commercial mind-set and want to gain an in-depth understanding of how a dynamic business works in order to take up a future leadership role.

Interview Questions
    • The scheme typically lasts between 12 and 18 months and involves a series of three month placements in our business units. In each rotation, you will work closely with senior management and colleagues to expand your range of skills and competencies.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Initially had the impression that the office is very unmaintained and dirty. The people who did the interview were very professional. They use some really outdated technologies but that is true of any bank. There are varying number of interview rounds depending on team, but usually it will include solving an example task.

Interview Questions
    • Specific trading industry knowledge, knowing the difference between an option and a future.   View Answer
    Ask for at least 30% more money they initially offer.

Emerging Talent Program Zurich Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

two interviews - first one with HR and second one with line manager; first interview in German except for two questions and second one in English, as he was from the UK

Interview Questions
    • I had to write an essay: If you could employ one person for UBS except you, who would it be and why? which is what they asked me about in both interviews. The other questions were competency based and the HR one was more about the programme.   View Answer

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in March 2014.

First had to complete 3 On-line tests. That was successful, leading to the phone Interview. They had set questions to ask and were looking for certain competencies, they provide details on their website on what they look for. They invited me to their Liverpool office and made me sit 2 on-site monitored tests (including SHL Maths). If you failed the maths, you would be immediately sent home. This was followed by a 30 minute face to face interview where some technical questions (Do you know what Agile development is?) were asked, some competency based questions (tell me about a time when half a team wanted to do A and the other half wanted to do B) and some questions about my application. Finally, as a group, we had to have a discussion to make recommendation on hypothetical situation they provided us with. This was monitored by the people who took the interviews (3 people).

Interview Questions
    Very generous pay, negotiating would be rude...

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at UBS in February 2014.

Fill out online form and two SHL tests. Quick 10 minute phone interview, standard questions (1 group work question, why UBS, what would make a good intern on this programme).

Recieved invitiation to assessment day and had to do another SHL test. At the assessment day there was a 20min SHL Maths test to take followed by a 30min essay writing exercise (there were four scenarios and you had to choose two, topics a reported security flaw in the Microsoft server system, how would you go about fixing it, what are the issues and key factors etc).

One 30 minute interview, purely competency (wasn't asked any technical questions at all), asked about teamwork, greatest achievement, dealing with tough situations etc.

Finally, 45 minute group exercise case study. We were the Amazon board of directors and had to decide to invest money into one of four business areas, agree as a group and come up with 3 main reasons for doing so. Halfway through the exercise an 'urgent message' came in from the CEO that we had to develop a new product/service that could launch in 5-10 years time, so the group also had to come up with ideas and discuss that.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement (other than the one you wrote on your application!)   Answer Question

Seemed like a great place to work but I felt I had a superior offer elsewhere.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2013.

What makes you interested in finance?
    What's happening in EM right now?
    I got given a sheet of paper and was told to draw some payoffs for options and their 1st and 2nd derivatives.
    I was asked about thoughts on Bankers and the media and ethics
    I was asked what I've done to prepare me for a finance career?
    I was asked to tell them about myself.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would react if a team member disliked me. What. Is happening in Europe now. What's put call parity. What are the Greeks and why sales.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2013.

five 45 min-long interviews in the same day, with people from different departments. each interviewer retained professional distance, but were nice and approachable

Interview Questions
    • "what was the biggest mistake you've made so far in your academic or professional career"? and "could you name one person who's career path you really admire, and explain why"   Answer Question

UBS Sales and Trading Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

1st round phone interview followed by the assessment centre in London

Interview Questions

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!