UBS

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre.

The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions.

The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied through program with the help of connections, and as a result was a pretty easy process. Most applicants tend to be entering their junior year so the questions tend to not be too technical. This is a very good program though that is helpful to anyone who wants to get introduced to the both the financial world and, obviously, mainly the wealth management world.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Technlolgy Analyst Interview

Filled in the application form online. Got one telephone interview which asked questions about: Why UBS, Why technology, How do you feel about the financial crisis, What can you bring to the firm, What makes you different, Why investment banking.

Have not got result of it yet.

Summer Analyst At IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Walk me through your CV. Tell me about a recent deal that you follow. Interviewer was really friendly and makes you feel comfortable. The interview process was much more technical than I think it is.

Interview Questions
    • What is the risk if the Halliburton and Baker Hughes deal will not go through?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Initial Phone interview - all competency based. Basically wanted you to come up with various scenarios of when you'd show a specific competency or skill. Very much a Q&A - not much general conversation going on and very one way. Didn't get a placement but my friend did following just the telephone interview - no face to face.

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

1. Online application. Standard competency questions plus a numerical and logical test.

2. Telephone interview (why UBS, why trading, what's going on in the news, how would you invest 1 million, do you have any questions for us, how is UBS doing).

Fairly easy interview but say something creative, also UBS conversion rate is not very high at the moment

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

Online application. The process took only a few days. I got called for a phone interview scheduled the next day. After that phone interview (compentency based questions) they sent me an email for the assessment centre taking place a few days after. At the Assessment Centre there were 5 steps : a numerical test, a presentation, 2 interviews and a group exercise.

Emerging Talent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

I had to write an essay on who would be best for UBS other than me. I then had to do an online numeracy and logic tests with tight time constrains. I then had a 30 minute or so phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had lots of typical questions such as how would you invest £1 million, what is you biggest failures and how did you learn from it. The questions did not require much preparation other than learning a bit about the bank and the position.   Answer Question

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Applied for the job in summer took 2-3 months to get through all interview rounds. Overall a very good process and positive experience. I found the interviewers very friendly and personable. Since I would be working alongside these stakeholders, the interview process only added to my drive to get the position. It was a pleasant chat about my skills/experience. The only interviewer I met face to face was the HR rep. Final stage of the process is the background check.

Interview Questions
    • None - all pretty standard. If you know your area of expertise it is not difficult.
      HR interview questions follow a standard competency/situational based format. -- One of the questions was 'When was the last time you made a bad decision and what did you learn from it'

Answer Question
    no negotiation possible so I was told :-(
    It was a good offer nevertheless