UBS

Updated 23 Jan 2015
Updated 23 Jan 2015

2.9

Chief Operating Office Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions
    • hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre.

The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions.

The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied through program with the help of connections, and as a result was a pretty easy process. Most applicants tend to be entering their junior year so the questions tend to not be too technical. This is a very good program though that is helpful to anyone who wants to get introduced to the both the financial world and, obviously, mainly the wealth management world.

UBS Chief Operating Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Application
    Numerical and logical test
    Phone interview - including how did the recession affect banks and general competencies
    Assessment Centre - Presentation exercise on Toyota, Competency interview, Commercial Interview & Group exercise

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was answering questions based on the presentation   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Technlolgy Analyst Interview

Filled in the application form online. Got one telephone interview which asked questions about: Why UBS, Why technology, How do you feel about the financial crisis, What can you bring to the firm, What makes you different, Why investment banking.

Have not got result of it yet.

Summer Analyst At IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Walk me through your CV. Tell me about a recent deal that you follow. Interviewer was really friendly and makes you feel comfortable. The interview process was much more technical than I think it is.

Interview Questions
    • What is the risk if the Halliburton and Baker Hughes deal will not go through?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Initial Phone interview - all competency based. Basically wanted you to come up with various scenarios of when you'd show a specific competency or skill. Very much a Q&A - not much general conversation going on and very one way. Didn't get a placement but my friend did following just the telephone interview - no face to face.