UBS Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015
Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

After completing the online application I was invited to a telephone interview with HR. This included such as why UBS, the financial crisis, how I would invest £1m etc. I was then invited to an assessment centre. This consisted of a presentation on a case study (SWOT analysis), a competency interview, a technical interview and group exercise.

Placement Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Online Questions, were then followed by numerical and logical reasoning tests online before you had to resit the numerical test at the interview.

You had interviews with different managers to discuss how you would fit into that role

Horizons Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

Applied online and took the online numerical and logical tests. the next round was answering a question in the form of an essay and then there was a phone interview with HR. the interview was mainly competency based and also some skill based questions were asked. Overall the process was straight forward and nothing too difficult was asked.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with member of HR, very relaxed and overall lasted about 20 mins. All competency based questions and a few about why UBS and why operations.

Heard back about two months later and was invited to an Assessment Centre. I was to have 3 interviews and a numeracy test. Numeracy was fairly basic but everyone felt like they'd struggled in the time allowed but we all passed. Then the interviews with different teams within operations. All informal and relaxed. They started off with a brief outline of the what the team did and what we should expect to do daily.

Did not get a role in operations but was invited to another assessment centre with a different division.

Sales and Trading Placement Interview

Interview

Initially filled in online application which was followed by a phone interview - mainly competencies based(with HR) and one question "How would you invest 1 mln GBP"
    Then followed by Assessment Centre where we had a case study, a presentation and two rounds of interviews plus numerical test. Both interviews were commercial awarenesss even though the fist was supposed to be competencies I was only asked one competency. Was also asked a brain teaser which was a basic maths question.

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

1 interview (hiring manager) + 3 interview (half an hour each with team members) + numerical (24 questions in 15 mins) + verbal + clerical tests on same date of team interview

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions

• “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (London, England).

Interview

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions

• Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions

• hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Insight Week- Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

Online application forms, with questions. Then numerical and logical tests. Got a phone call offering a telephone interview a few weeks after. Only a day to prepare for the interview but the interview was only 15 minutes. Standard motivation questions for why the division? And why UBS?
    Competency questions: When did you have do make a difficult decision? etc.
    Also got asked about the affects of the financial crisis on the banking banking industry. Didn't have much to say but just mentioned some things i had read.
    The women I spoke to was lovely and it seemed fairly relaxed.
    Was offered a chance to ask questions at the start and end. Asked about the possibility to move on to the summer internship at the end of the spring week.
    Was a lot of background noise, so had to ask her to repeat questions a lot, but she didn't seem to mind.

Interview Questions

• the affects of the financial crisis on the banking industry?   Answer Question