UBS

Updated 5 Mar 2015
Updated 5 Mar 2015

2.9

Horizons Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied online and took the online numerical and logical tests. the next round was answering a question in the form of an essay and then there was a phone interview with HR. the interview was mainly competency based and also some skill based questions were asked. Overall the process was straight forward and nothing too difficult was asked.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Had a telephone interview with member of HR, very relaxed and overall lasted about 20 mins. All competency based questions and a few about why UBS and why operations.

Heard back about two months later and was invited to an Assessment Centre. I was to have 3 interviews and a numeracy test. Numeracy was fairly basic but everyone felt like they'd struggled in the time allowed but we all passed. Then the interviews with different teams within operations. All informal and relaxed. They started off with a brief outline of the what the team did and what we should expect to do daily.

Did not get a role in operations but was invited to another assessment centre with a different division.

Sales and Trading Placement Interview

Initially filled in online application which was followed by a phone interview - mainly competencies based(with HR) and one question "How would you invest 1 mln GBP"
    Then followed by Assessment Centre where we had a case study, a presentation and two rounds of interviews plus numerical test. Both interviews were commercial awarenesss even though the fist was supposed to be competencies I was only asked one competency. Was also asked a brain teaser which was a basic maths question.

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

1 interview (hiring manager) + 3 interview (half an hour each with team members) + numerical (24 questions in 15 mins) + verbal + clerical tests on same date of team interview

Chief Operating Office Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions
    • hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Insight Week- Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Online application forms, with questions. Then numerical and logical tests. Got a phone call offering a telephone interview a few weeks after. Only a day to prepare for the interview but the interview was only 15 minutes. Standard motivation questions for why the division? And why UBS?
    Competency questions: When did you have do make a difficult decision? etc.
    Also got asked about the affects of the financial crisis on the banking banking industry. Didn't have much to say but just mentioned some things i had read.
    The women I spoke to was lovely and it seemed fairly relaxed.
    Was offered a chance to ask questions at the start and end. Asked about the possibility to move on to the summer internship at the end of the spring week.
    Was a lot of background noise, so had to ask her to repeat questions a lot, but she didn't seem to mind.

Interview Questions
    • the affects of the financial crisis on the banking industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre.

The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions.

The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied through program with the help of connections, and as a result was a pretty easy process. Most applicants tend to be entering their junior year so the questions tend to not be too technical. This is a very good program though that is helpful to anyone who wants to get introduced to the both the financial world and, obviously, mainly the wealth management world.