UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015

2.7

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied Online. Was contacted about a month later for interview. Underwent interview process and was asked a lot of technical questions and how my current experience and education could apply to the position. Interviewed by a 5 person panel. Highly intimidating

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a difficult situation at work in which your interpersonal communication skills significantly improved the outcome?   Answer Question

GSR Interview

Interview

phone interview: ask some basic questions about what I am doing during my master degree
    and my interests
    also tell me the projects that I will be doing during my phd period
    not difficult quesitons

Student App Developer Interview

Interview

You'll be asked about your personal interests, past projects. Nothing technical. They want to get to know you and you should ask what kind of position they are specifically looking for.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with three people who work for the executive that I would have been assigned to. It was a round robin style of questioning and was somewhat informal and very pleasant. Everyone was very professional and approachable.

We spoke together for over an hour and I was able to explain my experience, skills and interest in the job as it would tie together nicely with the demands of the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• My experience that qualifies me for the role.   1 Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA (US)).

Interview

Working for the Information Center for the Environment required rigorous response to a host of questions related to public policies, programs and workplace preferences. Do your homework and review key articles by Project Manager staff and professors associated with ICE.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide an example of working with advocates to use science to better inform their decision making process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

private

Student Assistant III Interview

Interview

Applied on Aggie Joblink and got an interview in about 3 weeks. The questions were all behavioral, not technical. The people are extremely nice about everything, so don't be nervous or hesitate to apply.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard hourly rate for students.

AA III Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis in November 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview a few days after the job posting closed. You interview with a panel of three people and they as many behavioral questions. I believe that they already have someone internal they want to hire and just interview out side applicants per policy.

Interview Questions

• How to you handel multiple task with strict deadlines?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Panel interview, where technical questions were asked that could be asked during day to day tasks. Hiring took some time but once it was completed it was a pretty straight forward process.

Technical Floor Staff III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in August 2014.

Interview

Laid back interview with a panel of 2 members of middle management and a veteran student employee. Basic 10 behavioral questions such as what is your greatest weakness, if you disagreed with your boss with a method how would you go about it etc...
    Emphasis on promptness and not being late, makes sense for a student employee job like this.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how has that affected you in a work situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation all UC Davis student payroll is fixed.

Student Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Very informal interview, I heard of the job through a friend and contacted the employer directly, asking if they had any openings. When I went in for an interview, they asked me a few questions about my work ethic and gave me more info about the job. I took the job after the interview, filled out all the paperwork and was working within a week.