UPS Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.1

Intern Interview

Basic interview process. I applied for the position, received an initial phone call about my dreams and aspirations and then got issued a face to face interview right after. I got called about a week after my interview.

Specialist In Singapore Branch Interview

1st round - Excel test
    2nd round - With the hiring manager

Had a bad impression - Receptionist was speaking in an interrogation manner at some visitors who turned out to be interviewees. HR spoke in a vehement way how to go about to do the test. Environment seemed to border on impoliteness and spelt trouble, for me.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

UPS promotes from within. I expressed interest in management as a driver and was promoted from this position to full time management. The interview was conducted by the District IE Manager who rode on car with me for a full day to get to know me and ask a lot of questions. I also had to take an aptitude type test to measure my compatibility with UPS management.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negotiation.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

The HR woman was pretty cool. She was very fun to listen to and it felt like I had already been hired. We sat as a group around a conference table for about an hour talking about the good and bad parts of the job, and the high turnover due to tardiness for the sunrise shift (3AM-8:30AM). At the end she revealed the wage to be expected which was surprisingly only 11hr which is breadcrumbs in Seattle, WA. I would be willing to do it for 15-17hr at those hours and with the difficulty of the job. I'm totally bummed because I can't afford to work there. It would be worth the sacrifice if i was looking to eventually apply for a driver position, but I was most interested in part time work during college.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I applied online and received a call two weeks later. Schedule a phone interview for the next day. After the interview, I was invited to take a 45 minute
    UPS assessment online immediately after the interview. I received a phone call approximately 30 minutes after the timed assessment with the advisement that I had passed and to expect a final interview with a panel over the phone. This was a week ago. Still waiting on that email.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Quick get to know you at the main office followed by a tour of the facilities with Q&A at the end, with the tour guides asking if you still think you can do the job.

Package Handler - Pre-Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dartmouth, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Applied online and received a call a couple of days later for an interview. I got called back for a second interview which included a brief tour of the facility. I was told that I'd be contacted for training dates but was never contacted and when I contacted the person who interviewed me to request information about training dates he did not return my call.

Interview Questions

I didn't actually decline. They said they were calling me back for a training session and didn't follow through.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UPS.

I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
        Answer Question
    None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!