UPS Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.0

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

1st interview round was good. During the 2nd interview initially i was supposed to have interview with project manager to discuss my business analyst skills but it ended up in pure SAP configuration technical interview with IT architect which was not relevant for the job. Even if i got the offer I would not join this company as recruitment process and possible IT colleagues are not the best ones.

UPS Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barking, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Barking, London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with someone who wasn't even in HR.
    One on one with centre manager and supervisor.
    Went for a ride with one of the drivers.
    Disorganised at times but good practical side to it.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a normal day would be like working as a one of our Drivers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straightforward, basic take what you get offer.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Asked questions about education and experience. Asked if I was willing to travel and work nights and weekends. Wanted to know if I was willing to relocate if needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your education as it applies to the position   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

short personal interview. hiring was fairly quick after interview process. it was professional and easy to talk with hiring manager. great for first time workers and those in need of a full time position for a short period of time. gets you ready for other customer service jobs. hourly flexible by shifts.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

1st there was HR Screening round after that a manager called ... he explained the job responsibilities and also asked about my general background, he also answered all my questions related to job later there was a third round that was set with a hiring manager he tested me on the job responsibilities and how much do I know about my resume

Payroll Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

No phone interview. One face-to-face interview was with one Manager and one supervisor. The other face-to face interview was with one Manager and two supervisors. The interview process was professional. The questions were not very tricky, most were about your past experience. The whole hiring process was very efficient.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS (Anaheim, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

TAKES 8 years to 10 years to become a drivers for UPS.

The interview started with someone from the human resources came out from the door to great us. After that she point to the job description paper and ask if everyone has read it? Then she went into more how the job is but she started with all the negatives things about the job like very hard work for only 3-5 hours long... Also must be able to handle 800 boxes an hour for the job. Then she told us about the hours that we were able to pick. The shifts were sunrise 3.00 is to 9.00 or twilight 8:.00 pm to 12:00 am. Also have to work 5 days a week. After that was all done she let us think about if we really wanted the job about 5m or so. Then we were able to talk to her one on one so she could write down some information about you.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to college? if your answer is no then you will not get the job they only want people that go to school for a part time job........   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Shah Alam (Malaysia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Moderately lengthy.A few reviews of your resume before you are called for an interview session.Stresses on technical knowledge. Financial know how is a must and repetitive questions are asked to ensure you know your financial accounting. HR manager stresses on lower level of education certificates. Do bring your original SPM certificate.

Interview Questions

• Your Strength and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepared to have a cut from your expected salary

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to discuss my current position and explained in depth what the position required. That part took 45 minutes...I "passed" to the second round which was a link for a TIMED test...it was a mental test that stressed me out and I think they should give that test first before wasting 2-3 hours of my life...that test was ridiculous

Interview Questions

• That Link to the test: Johny has a blue apple and gave it to Jenny who traded that blue apple for the banana that Tom gave her earlier what did Jenny trade Tom to get that banana   1 Answer