UPS Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.1

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Piece of cake and very simple very easy. Not much to worry about when asked simple questions such as what your previous work was like, why you chose UPS an so forth

Interview Questions
    • Willingness to stay with job for said number of months   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

I filled out a application for UPS and I recived a call 2 weeks later to view a tour a of the Ups facility. I don't know if I receive the job yet but I would like to know within the next three days of I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared to do hard work

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

extensive and harsh to no avail. managers approach the interview with an interrogation point of view versus getting to know the person and asking more important questions such as "where did you previously work and why did you leave" as opposed to "what makes you think you can work " or "why would you think that we would hire someone like you, do you really think that you could do this job" very tactless in the entire interview process

Part Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS.

They hire from within, usually friends or affiliates. They play favoritism, they hold interview for formality, but you can always sense that they have someone in mind and it isn't you. If your lucky they call you for an interview or they respond to you about interview process after filling the position.

Interview Questions
    • They have no relevant questions, they hire who they like or favor, not based on qualifications or work ethics   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online through college and got set up in an interview in person with a person from HR. It led to a phone interview with the head of the department I was applying to.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied yesterday, got the facility tour tomorrow. Hoping the rest of the process continues this smoothly. This would be my first job and my first contact from anyone all summer regardless of the countless applications. I will update this after tomorrow to share my experience.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

One 30 minute phone interview, one in person interview with a director, manager, and supervisor. The phone interview was about my skills and qualifications. The in person was more behavioral questions

Part Time Package Handler Interview

The whole process took forever. I applied online and just when I thought I wasn't going to get a call, I got a call after about a month. I went in for a group interview, where they just explained what we would be doing. After the interview, they set up an orientation for those that still wanted to continue in the hiring process and met their availability. I went to the orientation, where they gave me a "behind the scene" look to what the position would require doing. However, even after that, they still took a long time to call me about the position. Apparently, HR was always busy. I finally got an offer for the position but unfortunately, it was too late. I was heading back to college and had to decline the offer.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I applied online and it instantly gave me date and time for a tour. I went to the tour, which was being overseen by someone other than the usual person, who was on vacation. During the tour 11 of us watched the people work for a few minutes, then we were told about how important punctuality is and how great working for UPS would be (benefits, great pay, promotion opportunities). Since HR person was on vacation, we were all told to come back the next week.

The next week I came back, and 9 of us showed up for the interview. I came about 10 minutes early but was still the last person there -- I waited in line for an hour and a half, and by the time I got in to do my interview, it was obvious she was bored. While the first interviews took about 20 minutes each, the last five or so took less than half that. I was in there for about seven minutes. Questions were typical -- Why do I want to work at UPS, questions about my school/schedule, if I'm willing to get proper boots (they said boots were required -- but I didn't see anyone wearing boots working), description of what I'll be doing on the job and asking if I can do these things.

I was told I'll be getting a call in about a week after she interviews that week's applicants. At the writing of this review, it has been one week and they interviewed the applicants today. I have yet to receive a call, although I may get a call tomorrow or the day after.

On the positive side, before the interviews the interviewer was a pleasant lady, and all of the other employees seemed to have bright personalities. While waiting for the interview, I had a nice chat with a driver, and then a more nicely dressed man who I assume works in a higher up position in the facility.

On the negative side, this experience has left me feeling that UPS does not respect my time and exploits the fact that people need jobs. Scheduled interviews like those held in most other jobs would've been much preferred.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Unexpected: I was drilled concerning my workout routines, and she drilled in on every little detail (down to my pace starting a run and ending a run, how many sets I do in my workouts, type of workouts, weights used, if I alternate days, etc, and she wrote it all down).   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call within a week inviting me to an interview. The interviewer asked very standard interview questions mainly focusing on past experience. Upon excepting the offer I was asked to return for an informational session and to fill out paperwork in a group setting before beginning our training on site.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your biggest weakness?" This is a standard question, but is never an easy one to answer.   Answer Question