UPS Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.1

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Two sets of interview. Aplied online.
    Set up the first interview and then got through the second
    First had the director and the second was done with a supervisor. They were very professional

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question

Part Time Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Group interview, poor quality. Approximately 30 people were herded into a small room, presentation was not given very well. Candidates were brought into a separate room, people who had come early, were forced to waait over an hour to be called, interview was very unprofessional.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interviews are scheduled online right after you complete the application process. Interview process is very straightforward, detailed information about the job and job requirements. After the initial presentation the HR people bring you in 1 on 1 for the interview, they'll take your driving transcript and make a copy of your SS and Drivers License. After that the process is background checks which generally take 2 weeks, after the checks and driving records are in if they want to offer a job they'll contact you to setup a DOT physical and a driving test.

Never heard back, online job status does NOT update.

UPS Account Eecutive Interview

3 interviews, as well as a test of how well you can sell.. First was a phone interview, then one was a test, and finally you meet the district manager

Interview Questions
    • They make you sell them something on the spot which is awesome if you're a good salesmen. If you're not then you need not apply in the first place.   Answer Question
    N/A

Loader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

A joke. Only a seasonal position. They basically gave everyone the job. 3 days of training and had to memorize safety rules. They claim how the rules will be enforced but they never were. Last day tested by the divisional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Safety rules took 30 minutes of studying to memorize.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

There was a basic initial 15 minutes phone interview that consisted of typical interview questions such as "Why do you want to go into sales?" and "Explain to me a time when you dealt with an angry customer" If you are good with talking to people this should not be a problem.

Next there was an assessment that took and hour and a half or so. There was some reasoning based questions as well as some sales behavioral questions.

Lastly, was a webcam interview that lasts an hour. Most of the questions ask how you deal with customers in different settings and why do you want to work for UPS.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the problem did not get resolved.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

hiring for the union package handler job is easiest was to get in the door at ups. if you show willingness to do physical work and you have reliable transportation

Interview Questions
    • nothing to difficult, they basically want to know if you can lift up to 60 lbs and you are available to be there 5 days a week for the shift you applied for   Answer Question
    starting pay in non negotiable

Local Sort- Unload Interview

I was hired on the spot because I knew a driver and he gave me a good word with the Local HR rep. There was no interview process. At the time, UPS was short handed because it was Christmas Time and they needed the help. I applied to a small center simply for the benfits and I wound up making a life of it.