UPS Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Were informed about the hours, the shift time, and the responsibilities the position entails. The person in charge of the orientation/interview was honest about the duties of the employees and made every effort to weed out disinterested candidates. As a group we were also shown the area of the facility in which we'd be working if hired there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for UPS?
      Q: Do you have reliable transportation to the work site?

1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Very basic questions regarding your past experience, asked about the understanding about the interviewed position, went through background, and if you wanted to raise any questions regarding the job

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

I was surprised at how many people were there along with me -- if they do the tour/interview every day for a bunch of consecutive days, seems like I have some competition! They brought us into the facility, read us a printout explaining wages/benefits/union dues and the physical intensity of the job, then led us to the loading and unloading areas, as well as explaining sorting. We stood inside a semi truck and looked at the conveyor belts moving packages along. For unloading it seems like you just tear the packages out as fast as you can while still making sure they're address-label-up -- the loading part we didn't get to see as the truck the interviewer took us to was half-full but vacant, I guess they were on break. The interview was super brief, so brief I forgot my well-rehearsed speech (lol) and who knows what the interviewer thought of me.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected -- just do you have any questions, do you have any experience in this type of job, do think you'd do this job 12+ months.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

Not difficult at all. You must be knowledgeable and able to explain your answers in great detail. Be professional at all times and respectful of the people that work for you.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. I went in knowing what will be asked of me.   Answer Question

Intermediate Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

UPS called and emailed me a couple months after I applied for the position. I talked to the HR reciter where they briefly explain the company's benefits, an in person interview was set up afterwards. The interview was onsite in their office. There were two people interviewing me at the same time, a lead developer and manager. The manager talked about the position and what they were looking for and then asked me questions about my past work followed up by some of the standard behavioral type questions like how do resolve conflicts etc. The lead developer did most of the technical questioning. The questions were not to difficult, standard java questions and design patterns. The in person interview lasted around a hour.

Overall, the interview went well and I did like the two guys that interviewed me. They seemed like some real stand up guys and honest about any question I asked. I wouldn't of mind working with them, it's a shame the company they work for doesn't really help them bring in new and fresh talent (reasons discussed below in why I declined section.)

Interview Questions

There were several factors (and red flags) that caused me to declined and I will list a very pro factors about my experience also.

Pros.
    1) I would say the biggest pro was they offered what I asked
    2) The interview process was quick (besides it took months to initially contact me.)

Cons
    1)The general culture over at UPS. I have been told by several people (including the interviewers) that management expects you to work 50 hours a week. Don't get me wrong, I have been doing software development for years and during crutch time I have no problem working long but I'm not going to do the 50 - 60 hours week all the time. It came off as place that is about how many hours your butt is in a seat and not about your quality of the hours.

2) Men can not have beards (mustaches are OK) and their hair can not past their shoulders which I failed that. I'm currently an consultant, traveling, looking professional and working directly with clients is part of my job. I'm not a believer in telling how people to dress to the fine details like that. Requiring suits, tie and keeping your hair neat and professional looking I have no problem with.

3) This point is what put the nail in the coffin and is the biggest reason I declined the job. When they called back to offer me the position, I requested to have the end of the week to come back with my decision and wanted a offer in writing. I have had recruiters reluctant to give me a written offer without accepting verbally but they also end up giving it to me. She said she would have to ask and they have been trying to fill this position for a long time (remember it took months for them to contact me). They never gave me a written offer so I decline the position. I figure if there HR can not give me a offer letter when they are trying to recruit me to join, how would they treat me once I'm in.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

This was job was found online. Application process was online as well. Interview days were assigned the same time for everyone. Everyone gathered in a line outside headquarters. we submitted our information on a computer once inside. The interviewing process with a person was amazingly short and took about 2 min.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Okay process , not the most organized folks in the world. Could have went better. applied online then in person with a person who gives the test. drove to onsite area and took the test. Was the normal stuff you would expect

CRM Applications Developer-- Worst Interview Experience Ever Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on UPS' website, and heard back about 2-3 weeks later. I am a woman, and my last name is Johnson-- I have a very feminine first name. The first email I got from the HR recruiter was addressed to "John" (you'd think they'd at least get the gender right), and riddled with spelling errors. I spoke with her, and felt like the position might be a good fit.

The second e-mail from her misspelled my name (though it was a lot closer than "John"), and still had a ton of errors (is this the impression you want to give to people you're trying to recruit?). She scheduled me an interview with the hiring manager and technical manager.

Within three minutes of the interview, it became clear that I was not suited for the job, so I told them so. However, they insisted on continuing the interview and asked me standard questions intermingled with insulting questions. If they had just stopped when I told them I didn't want the job, they wouldn't have wasted my time.

I have never written a review here, but this was such a bad experience that I hope UPS HR reads this and does something about their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Right now, list every type of X field in this application.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received call. Interviewed for the position. Became a candidate on short-list of finalists. Was called back a week later to confirm I had received the offer. Accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Has a client ever caused you a disturbance and you had to resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. Offered and accepted.

Loader Call the UPS Hotline Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Call the UPS Hotline. Finished the Application online. Waited a couple weeks. Got a Call from Human Resources. Came In For the interview. Dressed Nice. Resume in hand. Cover letter attached. Got Hired.