UPS

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.0

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applications are easy to fill out online, with no massive questionnaire required.
    Application process took less then 30 minutes to process.
    An interview was set up a few days after, Expect the interview to last from 1 to 2 hours. Once at the interview you'll be placed in with a group of other people for company overviews and expectations, while filling out a form and writing you name on a name roster. Then you'll be called out one at a time for a one-on-one interview.
    After that we were told to finish a second portion of the application online after the interview which took less then 15 minutes, following a call by the HR a day or two later for company orientation. DON'T BE LATE for it either, even if it's after a few seconds, or you'll be terminated from the process.

Interview Questions
    • Not that many questions were asked, only actual questions were, If we had any questions for them.   Answer Question

I would have accepted, but I Overslept the orientation process sadly, due to studying for exam finals and lack of sleep.

Driver Helper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in December 2014.

They had us in the lobby for a cool minutes escorted us to the back room asked a couple questions regarding what area we live in took everybody who lived in that area in a separate room ran a background check gave us the uniform and sent us on our way

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to go here if the driver calls you and ask you to meet them there?   Answer Question
    10 dollar a hour

UPS Loader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

I am not sure if my process was so short because we are a few weeks to Christmas and they are desperate now or if my previous experience helped me. I applied online Thursday, went in for an walk-through/interview that night at the start of the shift I had applied for 11p-4a. About 9 of us showed up we did the walk-through, were told there would be no benefits due to it being temporary, that pay would be $10 an hour and we wold get paid every Friday, we were given the basic run through of our duties and if we wanted to stay and interview now or comeback. Only a few chose to stay, I was only asked why did I want to work for UPS? At least two of us got hired that night pending a passing background check. We filled out all of the employment paperwork online that night so if you do not know your info to log in online make sure you write it down also take your social security card and a photo ID just in case you do get a job offer.

No negotiation.

UPS Farmindale NY Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

1st meeting - they explain the job pays $8 an hour starting when the first package is delivered
    2nd meeting - cover company policies, show you how to get in/out of truck provide uniforms
    (which must be returned) phone number to call each morning Around 7am to get location to meet driver

Interview Questions
    • My experience - I called at 7am - assignment person not in yet
      They took my contact info and I was told someone will call me
      I called again at 7:45am still no routes assigned - someone will call me
      I called again at 10:45am - was told no routes available
      call back tomorrow

View Answer
    If you show up your hired - but no work told to call each morning to see if there is any available routes

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Applied online. After application finished, online they ask you to set-up an appointment with one of their prescribed times. I set mine for the next morning. The appointment was with a group of us who had signed-up for that time. HR took us to a break room and told us about the position, what to expect, what to where. $8.50 an hour, no negotiations. Will where the UPS uniform, will have to supply own steel-toe boots, and the the on- call hours would be anywhere from 10:30am-10:00pm. HR mentioned as a dangling carrot, if you work hard and do your job there might be a future position for you as PT package handler - better pay with full medical benefits after a year of work for free. After the group session, if you were still interested, there was a quick one on one where HR asked availability and (2) forms of ID for a background check. That evening I got a call to come into A 3hr. Orientation the next day. I was hired. Easy as that.

No negotions.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Very easy interview. They get right into it and tell you what youll be doing, pay, etc. after the interview they tell you to go to an orientation class for two hours on the next day. Be prepared to go out and work after orientation. The job is very easy if your not lazy. my only complaint is that some days your driver will only need you for 3 hrs because there arent that many packages. 30 bucks in a day is way too minimal in my opinion. I even put myself out there and asked if i could link up with another driver and get more hours. Just dont go in with too much expectation like i did. After all it is only seasonal.

No negotiation

UPS Delivery Driver Helper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

The process of becoming a delivery driver helper is pretty simple. I recommend it if you haven't worked in a little while or if you are in need of some extra holiday cash. Sign up online and fill out all the information required. Once that is complete you set up a time to go in for an "interview." I don't really consider it an interview because all they are really going to require is two forms of identification, ask if you have done this before, and when you will be available for a 2 hour orientation. Once that is all said and done you are good to go and ready to get started

There is no negotiation. Delivery driver helpers get paid $10.00 an hour

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in December 2014.

I applied online and said what times I was available to be called. I got a scheduled day of when they would call me. They called me a few days before because they really needed help fast. The interview was by phone for me. The woman on the phone called me around 5, the whole interview was maybe 5 minutes, she asked a few questions about my physical capabilities and it was very easy.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

There was no interview. I applied online, then visited local office to check on application progress, and was scheduled for a tour. If the tour doesn't run you off you're hired on probation until management runs you off or you join the union for job security. There is also no drug test for this position so there are A LOT of weed smokers.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you have been honest in your criminal background questions.   Answer Question
    No negation. They tell you upfront the pay rate and job position is nonnegotiable.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The hiring process took a couple of weeks. I applied through their career portal.
    Total 2 rounds : telephonic
    First round was technical , basics from the technologies mentioned in the job requirement
    Second consisted of behavioural questions, like strength, weakness, most proudest moment, how would you handle if you did not like your team mates design?

Interview Questions
    • nothing really tough, all expected. Be thorough with basics   Answer Question