URS Corporation

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.5

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in August 2014.

Took 2 months from the initial application to be offered an interview, which is quite a long wait, the job description was vague at best, making it very difficult to prepare for the interview properly as as an electrical engineer you can be doing any number of jobs. The interview was very enjoyable, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, more of a personality based interview   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2014.

I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2013.

Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation in September 2012.

I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in June 2012.

Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Questions
    • There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

interviewed at URS Corporation in June 2012.

After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Interviewed with a panel. Hiring manager I could tell immediately I wouldn't want to work for him and that I would not be a good fit. He seemed pretty childish and ill prepared. The other guy was very professional and prepared. If he were the manger I would have felt different about the job. I had a phone screening and a interview. Screening went well, but I lost interest in the follow-up interview especially when they wouldn't tell why employees had left the position. Seemed like there was a problem. I am not disheartened at all about not getting an offer. Lastly, manger lied in call. These types are the worst to work for... Serious red flag for me. I didn't ask when I should expect to hear from them or anything. I am sure my disinterest was displayed.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer wasn't prepared. I asked most of the questions. Any questions pertained to my experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Water Resources Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

I applied online through URS portal. After 1 month they contacted me for a telephone interview with the project manager.I did not have a HR interview. I had a 30 minutes phone call conversation where the questions were mostly technical and team related. I got a call from the HR within one week saying that I was selected for the next round which was a skype call interview with multiple project managers. As the job location was far from the place I lived, they wanted to complete the entire process on phone.They asked me questions for about an hour which were highly technical and a couple of them were related to my managerial skills.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2015.

I was notified by my adviser that URS was looking for an entry-level environmental engineer. I contacted them and applied, and very soon after got an interview. The interview was mostly for me to elaborate on my experience and also for me to ask any questions I had, as well as to meet a few of the people in the office.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question