URS Corporation

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.5

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in August 2014.

Took 2 months from the initial application to be offered an interview, which is quite a long wait, the job description was vague at best, making it very difficult to prepare for the interview properly as as an electrical engineer you can be doing any number of jobs. The interview was very enjoyable, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, more of a personality based interview   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2014.

I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation in February 2013.

Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation in September 2012.

I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in June 2012.

Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Questions
    • There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at URS Corporation in June 2012.

After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Vacation Trainee Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

none

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question