URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.5

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in August 2014.

Took 2 months from the initial application to be offered an interview, which is quite a long wait, the job description was vague at best, making it very difficult to prepare for the interview properly as as an electrical engineer you can be doing any number of jobs. The interview was very enjoyable, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, more of a personality based interview   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in January 2014.

I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in February 2013.

Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in September 2012.

I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in June 2012.

Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Questions
    • There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in June 2012.

After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   View Answer

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

There was not an actual interview. Applied online for an overseas job and there was only email traffic regarding available dates and paperwork. There was an immediate need to fill the position and as long as I passed the necessary medical exams I was hired. It seemed sort of sketchy considering that nobody needed to talk to me about anything. They never really gave much information on the project either.