URS

130 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Interview Question – Tell us a goal you have set in your last job.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Question – Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer
London, England

I interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Interview Details After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Interview Question – Challenges in the role.   View Answers (3)

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Graduate Mechanical Engineer
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

Interview Details I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Question – Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Carlsbad, NM (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Clumsy not very professional.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to work for the company.   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at URS in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied on-line, first contact with recruiter a phone call then within a week called for interview with recruiter and HR manager.

Interview Question – All questions were easy to answer   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details I loved the work culture and the interviews themselves. I was interviewed by two different groups - Geotech and Infrastructure. I decided to go with Infrastructure because the managers were so nice and the work seemed to be what I wanted to do.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details My interview was simple because they need a person with my skills. The VP is a stand up person and just expects you to do your job. Very easy to work with.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize?   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Next day received an email saying 'thanks for applying, but we are no longer considering you for this position'. Several weeks later received an email asking to call them if I was still interested. I called and the first impression was positive. A phone interview followed. Later a job offer came (without any additional interviews or ever meeting anyone in person). Hiring process seemed extremely atypical.

Interview Question – No hard or tricky questions. Asked me to explain past professional experience, and why I became an engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked my desired salary range. They came back with a lower offer. Tried to negotiate for more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at URS

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!

URS – Why Work for Us?

URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies worldwide. We offer a full range of program management; planning, design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at URS interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews are posted anonymously by URS employees and interview candidates.