URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Graduate Engineering Geologist
Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Interview Details Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Question – There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Interview Question – Tell us a goal you have set in your last job.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Graduate Electrical Engineering
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Question – Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer
London, England

I interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Interview Details After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Interview Question – Challenges in the role.   View Answers (3)

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Graduate Mechanical Engineer
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

Interview Details I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Question – Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Piping Design Interview

Piping Design

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details Very easy and relaxed. Spoke with a human resources rep. for a while then two different managers within the group I was interviewing for. There were not any gotcha type questions. We chatted for about 30-45 minutes and that was it. Got a call on my way home offering me the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really, they ofered what I was asking for.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at URS in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience in design.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in November 2012.

Interview Details Straight forward focusing on technical knowledge and relevant experiences. Background check conducted including referral engagement. Interview conducted by HR and in-country manager. Friendly without being aggressive. Document checks to be expected for verification purpose. Filling up HR forms and process 1:1 takes about an hour.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and within market range/demand

Very Easy Interview

IT Coordinator/Desktop Support Technician Interview

IT Coordinator/Desktop Support Technician
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in January 2011.

Interview Details I first received contact a week or two after first applying. The interview was performed by my direct manager and someone from HR. My position was through a staffing agency at the time and I only had 1 phone interview before I was hired. The process went quickly and I started within 2-3 weeks of my interview. I only briefly spoke to someone from the staffing agency during my entire 2 years of being contacted through them.

The process was fairly typical... "Tell me about a time you had to handle conflict..." "What are your strengths and weaknesses", etc... IT-wise, I was asked 5 very simple questions that most anyone in IT should know.... "Name at least 2 different methods of opening a command prompt", "What is an IP address starting with 169.254.x.x mean?", "Name some tools and methods to remove viruses", etc... Nothing difficult.

Interview Question – There really wasn't much to it...   Answer Question

Air Quality Specialist Interview

Air Quality Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details They asked me basic interview question and say i'm quiet fit in this position, but they cant offer me H1B visa, so they cannot hire me. But they do gave me good advices about how to apply to job in the future.

Interview Question – They asked me basic interview question   Answer Question

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!