URS Interview Questions

2.5

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Basingstoke, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Questions
    • There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in January 2014.

I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at URS in June 2012.

After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Billing Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS.

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at URS.

Phone interview with a Project Managers. Lasted about an hour. Asked questions about work experiences and classes. Talked about their job responsibilities and the company culture. Very laid back and was a get to know you interview. Not many technical or behavioral questions. The overall interview process was quick. They were flexible about speeding up the whole process and quick to make a decision. Employees are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Great office.

None

Cvcx Interview

I applied online - interviewed at URS.

So the process was easy for me because I was recommended to the hiring manager. He was kind and asked me general questions about my knowledge and understanding of maintenance concepst

vxvxcvxcvxcdd

CM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Meade, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at URS in July 2014.

Easy interview, one party was late, but I do believe I spoke to the wrong person who was one time regarding my past experience. He wanted his friend all along to get the job even though he possessed ZERO experience or knowledge about the job.

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

One interview. Great people, atmosphere, and benefits. Everything went smoothly from the interview to the hiring process, and new hire orientation. I enjoyed working for URS very much.

Interview Questions

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!