URS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Graduate Engineering Geologist
Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Interview Details Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Question – There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Interview Question – Tell us a goal you have set in your last job.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Graduate Electrical Engineering
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at URS in February 2013.

Interview Details Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Question – Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Graduate Civil Engineer
London, England

I interviewed at URS in June 2012.

Interview Details After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Interview Question – Challenges in the role.   View Answers (3)

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Graduate Mechanical Engineer
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at URS in September 2012.

Interview Details I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Question – Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Invoice Specialist Interview

Invoice Specialist
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at URS in December 2012.

Interview Details One interview. Great people, atmosphere, and benefits. Everything went smoothly from the interview to the hiring process, and new hire orientation. I enjoyed working for URS very much.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Graduate Planner Interview

Graduate Planner

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at URS in July 2014.

Interview Details Very straight-forward interview with the people I would have been working with. Don't over-prepare for trick questions like I did. Be measured and comprehensive. Chances are they are trying to gauge your communication skills and professional manner, not your specific knowledge. Be prepared to discuss accomplishments on your resume in a way that does them justice. I regret using the term "y'all."

Interview Question – What questions do you have for us about the position?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Logistics

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details The initial interview was the only interview I needed to get hired. I simply went in well dressed with the attitude that I already had the job. I was asked a couple of minor questions about previous work experience. The one and only job related question I was asked was if I knew what an NSN was.

Interview Question – The questions asked were just your normal run of the mill interview questions. Nothing too difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay and benefits package were so good who would need to negotiate it.

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Denver, CO (US)

Interviewed at URS

Interview Details Haring was a lengthy process. There were two sets of interviews and the decision took several weeks. The interviews were conducted by several members of the team and were fairly routine.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Piping Design Interview

Piping Design

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at URS in August 2012.

Interview Details Very easy and relaxed. Spoke with a human resources rep. for a while then two different managers within the group I was interviewing for. There were not any gotcha type questions. We chatted for about 30-45 minutes and that was it. Got a call on my way home offering me the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really, they ofered what I was asking for.

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!