URS a company of AECOM Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.5

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in August 2014.

Took 2 months from the initial application to be offered an interview, which is quite a long wait, the job description was vague at best, making it very difficult to prepare for the interview properly as as an electrical engineer you can be doing any number of jobs. The interview was very enjoyable, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, more of a personality based interview   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in January 2014.

I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Graduate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in February 2013.

Handed my CV to them at employers fair at Bath University. They called me for an interview after a very long time. In general, they were quite nice. Asked me technical and competency questions. They went through my CV and asked questions on that too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on fault analysis, protection system and also about PID.   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM in September 2012.

I was invited for a competency based interview at their London based office which used to be part of Scott Wilson's Group. My interviewers were two mechanical engineers. Basically no technical questions were asked. My interview is focused upon competency based questions which directs mostly at my current job responsibilities and my university projects' achievement.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how can you communicate effectively with people in the office.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in June 2012.

Arranged an interview with two line managers at the Basingstoke office. Travelled down for the interview the day before. Opening questions were regarding my education and CV, followed by an hour long skills test and closed the interview with simple technical questions "what would you use/do in this situation?" etc. Always wear a suit, I did, the staff there are dressed smartly.

Interview Questions
    • There was no standout difficult question.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for a graduate position.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at URS a company of AECOM in June 2012.

After application was made, a telephone call form HR inviting for interview after almost 3 months of making application. Interview comprised competency questions around teamworking and collaborations. Also some technical questions were asked. I thought I did very well in all. But I was called up to advise my experience was not enough for the role.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Billing Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Phone interview with a Project Managers. Lasted about an hour. Asked questions about work experiences and classes. Talked about their job responsibilities and the company culture. Very laid back and was a get to know you interview. Not many technical or behavioral questions. The overall interview process was quick. They were flexible about speeding up the whole process and quick to make a decision. Employees are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Great office.

None

Cvcx Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

So the process was easy for me because I was recommended to the hiring manager. He was kind and asked me general questions about my knowledge and understanding of maintenance concepst

vxvxcvxcvxcdd