US Airways

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reservations Agent Interview

Reservations Agent
Liverpool, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Reservations Agent Interview

Reservations Agent
Liverpool, England

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

Interview Details I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Interview Question – Very standard and easy to answer.   View Answer

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and it took about a month when I got a call for a phone interview. I was scheduled to come in the next week for a face to face interview. Overall, my experience went well and was offered a "conditional hire" while waiting for the drug test and background checks to go through. I was told it will take a few weeks to about a month for all of those to be cleared. Department of Homeland Security takes awhile for the fingerprints to clear.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty easy if you have enough customer service experience.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details I was invited to interview in Charlotte, NC. It was a great experience and everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of great people from all over the country! It started as a group interview, and they had us do a reach and jumpseat test. Then they gave us a plane crash scenario with a list of items to number most important to least. Then we watched a video about the merger with AA. Now it was the time to get up in front of everyone and introduce yourself, and what you think makes a good FA. (All in 60 seconds) I was so nervous, I started rambling about customer service and never made my point. I shouldn't have had any of the free Starbucks they offered us.. Now I know what NOT to do for my next interview!

Interview Question – What quality do you think makes a good flight attendant?   Answer Question

Pilot Interview

Pilot

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Experience, education, and good character. Must dress and be professional. Need to be knowledgable on aircrafts, skills, and Federal Aviation Regulations. Quick minded, sharp, and diligent. Able to work well with others in long time frames and small quarters. Submit to authority.

Interview Question – experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted almost 3 weeks later through email by the project manager for a phone interview. I was given a number and was asked to call on it. There was a bit difficulty in reaching out to her on day of phone interview because she was not able to find a conference room.

The questions were basic - related to Waterfall and Scrum. And around definitions of functional and non functional requirements, user stories etc.
She already had a list of screening questions. She seemed very friendly and cool and I felt very positive about the interview.
I was told that I would be informed about the outcome within 2 weeks. But there was no response.
There was no reply to my follow up email as well.
My application status on their website says - Under review.
But apart from that I do not have any updates. Which is pretty unfair I believe.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join US Airways.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Filled out online application.
Asked to complete video interview, was asked five questions for example: tell us about a time you had great customer service.

Haven't heard back from them at all.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had conflicts with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Interviewed at US Airways

Interview Details The process took about 6 weeks total. I turned in my resume and then I instantly received an email to take the video interview. These were common interview questions. Then I waited about 3 weeks and then I received a in person interview. My interview was in Charlotte. Since I was coming from Kansas I had to stay over night and the hotel is your own expense. The interview process is just like everyone says.

1. Do a sit and reach test (very easy)
2. Watch a presentation on the new merger
3. They have you speak in front of the group (about 45 to 55 people in my group)
        A. What qualities make a good flight attendant
4. Then do a group exercise (Survival Crash)
        A. List of supplies have to rate each item based on the best use to help you survive.
        B. I know the lighter with no fluid was up there in the top 5 and I believe the yarn and canvas
        C. The results do not really matter but it always helps you to stand out when you win or get more correct.
5. Then you have lunch and this is when they make there first cut.
6. Then they do one on one interviews (they say they are holding those people back because they did not fill out some of the paperwork correctly or need more information from them) This is there way of saying these people need to fill out employment forms.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult but it might be nice for someone that received an offer to say what they said during their group question. (What qualities make a good flight attendant)   View Answer

CSA Interview

CSA
Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, very extensive and thorough. Lots of background questions and history needed. Received a phone call for telephone interview a few days later. The Recruiter was very polite and professional. He answered all of my questions and made me feel comfortable. Made it through to face-to-face.

Interview Question – How would my previous employers describe me?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview) Interview

Flight Attendant Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)

I applied online and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details I had my face to face in February but was not one of the people asked to stay after the interview. I still have not received a thanks but no thanks letter and my application says under review on their website. Has this happened with anyone else?

Interview Question – It was just like everyone said here   Answer Question

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!