US Airways

Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.9

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in September. Was invited to do a video interview right away. These were mostly basic interview questions. There isn't someone actually interviewing you, you're basically just speaking into the camera. About a month later I was called for a face to face interview at their training center in Dallas, TX. I was flown out there about a month after that. When I arrived at the training center, a group of about twenty five people were taken into a room where we played a nice breaker and we're introduced to the people who would be interviewing us. The ice breaker was really used to show that we were capable of working together as a group. After that we were broken up into different groups of about five people and were taken back for a group interview. They asked us a total of five questions. Most of it was about our customer service experience and trying to find out what wee could bring to the table. After the group interview was over, we got back together to watch a presentation about the position and we're then taken back to fill out final paperwork. During this time we were then taken for one on one interviews. I was asked a few questions and was offered the position on the spot. I was really impressed with the facility, the interview process, and their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • If you could get involved with a community service organization in your area, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.

About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2014.

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online.A few weeks later I got a email for invited recorded video interview.I could practice before I start.They asked 6 questions,they gave me little time to think then took video interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

My interview process was a phone interview, an agent from human resources called and asked mainly about my work experience, why I applied, and why I was willing to take such a drastic cut in salary. She was very impressed with my experience, my reasoning, she told me as much when we finished the interview, she called me back later on that afternoon had spoken to the Ops, manager in Montreal and offered me the position on the phone. I did not meet or pass an interview with anyone else until my first day on the job.