US Airways

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Airways.

US Airways/ American really makes you feel comfortable and "at home". They make you feel welcome and make sure you know they appreciate your time.

I interviewed on Thursday- I wore a black skirt suit, light make up, and my hair was pulled in a sleek bun.

Arrived at noon and started with an ice breaker-There was only other 20 candidates in the room. After a short break you do a group interview that is professional yet relaxed. Following that is a presentation on the company and FA duties.

The day ended by having a member of the staff walk you out and ensure your contact information was correct. The process from start to finish was about 4 hours.

I had hoped to be selected but they sent me on my way saying they would email with results. I believe that if you were selected, you stayed behind for a background check and to be finger -printed.

It's hard to tell what they're looking for. Overall it was a positive experience despite the fact that I was not hired.

No "homework" was necessary although I did do some research on the company before hand.

No reach test, no language test, and questions about visible tattoos were not asked.

Interview Questions
    • What are some qualities that make a great flight attendant?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Applied online, Phone interview, face to face interview. It really upset me when I enter the interview room and the interviewer had green sticky notes all over my resume. Being that I am 27, there is a reason why there are gaps in my resume. Unfortunately, I'm not 40 years old so of course I haven't had to work a lot. Apparently I should have been working non stop since I was 18. It was almost as if she already decided she wasnt going to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when such and such happened. Also there is plenty of emphases on whether or not you can adhere to the schedule.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I went to the f2f in Dallas recently.The interview process is pretty similar to what everyone else already mention. At the end some people stayed for fingerprinted. There were some people who did very well in the interview and were dressed properly but did not get fingerprinted. However, people that were not dressed properly did get fingerprinted. I actually felt bad for people that should have got the position and they didn't.It is pretty unclear for what exactly they are looking for. You can go and do a great job for the interview and not get chosen.I feel that there needs to be more diversity in the people that do the hiring. Also,there needs to be more diversity in the candidates that are chosen for the position.Its 2015 and the company itself needs to REALLY represent the diverse group of customers they serve.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

This will be my second time applying at the f2f interview for the flt position. The first time which was back in April I received an email with the video interview where they asked you about 6 questions and your past work experience.....why do you want to be a flt attendant? What precious work experience do you have in the customer service industry? Name a time you had excellent customer service and what made it memorable? Name a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you turn it in to a positive? A few days after the video interview I received a call asking if I wanted to be flown out for a f2f HECK YES!!! One I arrived at the airport there was a shuttle that picked all of the candidate up and they took up to the recruiting center we checked in and we're given name tags...everyone was super friendly they took us in a room where we were introduced to some flt attendant reps it was really exciting but kind of nerve wrecking at the same time...to be in the room of about 60-70 people and about 10 us airway managers..etc standing all around the room. We watched a short video and then we stood up one by one to introduce ourselves..we had 1 minute to give 3 qualities of a flt attendant going in aphabetical order....I was first!! So I was completely nervous I started off good and then I froze and started rambling after that uugghhhhh!!!! After everyone was finished they put us in groups of 4 and we had to work together and put things in order of importance...scenario was the plane had crashed and we had to grab things we thought we needed well my group won and i was super excited we went to lunch and when we came back the rep thanked us all for coming and called out about 7 names and the rest of us took a shuttle back to the airport I must say it was an experience I just did t understand why so many of us were called in to interview and they only selected a hand full good thing is I've since applied again and are flying out to Dallas in the morning for ANOTHER f2f and i am a lot more prepared than I was!!! So wish me luck!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 qualities of a flt attendant (you have 1 minute to answer)

Or why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

My experience was the same as everyone else's. I applied, got an email to set up a phone interview and I called for the interview. When the interview was over she said she wanted to set me up with a face-to-face interview, but there were not any appointments available and they would get in touch with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the about your last/most resent job. What did you like most and dislike most about last job. Tell me a time about a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you were sympathetic with a customer, but still had to put your own needs ahead of theirs. What would my previous/current employer say about me.
      It was an easy phone interview if you go into it prepared.

Answer Question

CSA- Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cameron, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Cameron, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

Took roughly 5 minutes, maybe even 4. Very quick with the questions. I tried to make answers brief and to the point, but some required a little bit of explanation. Overall, I was pretty nervous, because I thought there would be more in depth questions, but not too bad. I received an offer to come in for a group interview and was told they would call me because they currently didn't have any openings for a scheduled date. I asked how long it would take and they said they were unable to determine that at this time. The recruiter advised that I call the number he called me with if I wanted to check back with them, but I had to ask for the number because it came up on my phone as 'unknown'.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.