US Airways

Updated 20 Nov 2014

2.9

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2014.

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online.A few weeks later I got a email for invited recorded video interview.I could practice before I start.They asked 6 questions,they gave me little time to think then took video interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

My interview process was a phone interview, an agent from human resources called and asked mainly about my work experience, why I applied, and why I was willing to take such a drastic cut in salary. She was very impressed with my experience, my reasoning, she told me as much when we finished the interview, she called me back later on that afternoon had spoken to the Ops, manager in Montreal and offered me the position on the phone. I did not meet or pass an interview with anyone else until my first day on the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online Oct 8 and received invite for video interview Oct 21. I completed video 2 days later and now I am waiting for response. Interview was fair but can be a piece of cake if u brush up on yr behavioral questions. Sure hope i get called for f2f soon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with your team members, how you handled it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you received excellent customer service?

What would be exciting about moving to a new city?
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied in March, then received an invitation a few days later to complete a video interview. After that I didn't hear back from them for about 4 months. Up until August they called me to schedule an interview in Arizona. The scheduling was a bit confusing because they said my interview started before my flight arrived. So, I had to call to straighten things out. The people that took care of me were very helpful and nice. I got to the interview and there were about 60-70 people. They split us up in half, showed a bunch of videos, and had us do the reach test. Then, they had us go up one by one to say our name, where we are from, and why we thing we would be a good flight attendant. It was only a minute long. That was the only part where we actually had the chance to speak. We then did a group project. After that, they went out for a while, came back and told everyone they would be in contact through email. They, then asked if 7 people could stay, obviously they were the chosen ones and we weren't. It was a good experience though, even if I felt like that one minute interview was not sufficient enough to choose a flight attendant.