US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation regarding the pay

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Applied in March! Received a phone call from a 00 number in August '14 and the representative asked if I were available for an interview the following week. I picked Thursday to give myself enough time to prepare myself in every way. I flew out to Phoenix, az and walked to the shuttle bus and met with other candidates we drove down the street to the facility signed in, showed passports dropped our belongings off did an overhead bin test (height requirements) watched videos of the merge with about 50 other ppl second classroom did the same we took a break. Watch another PowerPoint about FA life. Took a break. Introduced ourselves, where we flew from and what qualities makes a great FA took a break. Got broken up into groups did a group activity. If we crashed and had found 12 of the items listed number them based off of importance. Took lunch they called 2 ppl to do "paperwork" seen those two later on at the airport because one was on my flight back and the other had a late flight as well. And only ONE of the two who got called for one on one interviews got the job and two from the other group got the job so 3 of about 100 got the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

Quite possibly the strangest "interview" process I have ever experienced. Everything is pretty much like the previous reviews. Introduce yourself in front of the group, do the group activity, etc. What I am adding to this is that I feel like it's a lucky shot to get selected. A couple of the four out of fifty or so people they asked to stay I was like, "huh?" based on how they introduced themselves. In other words, there were other people who I felt deserved to move forward over some of the people they chose. I think this is a mistake on their part. The lack of one on one interviews (admittedly, take time) in turn causes them to miss out on hiring some great people. So, bottom line, no way to figure out if you're what they want. At least the flight was free!
    The "our promise to you is that you will be notified within 48 hours..." is simply untrue. You'll get your tbnt email eventually. But if they don't ask you to stay, you aren't getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected as I read the reviews on here before my recruitment day.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in July 2014.

I applied online and had an email within 1 week that they wanted to schedule me for an automated phone interview. I completed the phone interview the next day and was then invited for an in person interview. I completed that on a Friday, went to HR the next Tuesday and completed the tax paperwork, and started my training class the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you...those were all the type of interview questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation due to union

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in May 2010.

The company is trying to figure out if you meet the critiria. If you has the applicant fits the mode. There will be alot of questions geared towards that. You need to be available to work any day, weekends and holidays including, and hours. This is something they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to be honest about your availabilty. If there is any stimulations in your availablity you will not be offered a job.   Answer Question

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!