US Airways Interview Questions

2.9

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in October 2013.

I was invited to the Liverpool office and interviewed by two managers. Interview questions were standard. Couldn't understand one interviewer due to a bad foreign accent. I felt rushed through the interview, they seemed not to care about my questions. Then I was rushed through the office and shown the door and that was it. I was not offered a position. US Airways posted a photo of their new hires on twitter. No one seemed to be over 30, I am over 40. So I guess I did not fit the profile.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Was asked to come to the Charlotte headquarters and was with a large group. Probably around 75-100 people absolutely no one on one time with recruiters. one simple group activity. Was told someone would be in touch soon. Very disappointed in their lack of professionalism. Complete waste of time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

So far it has been an open house and a screening call to make it to the interview which I will have in two days. It is for the customer service agent position out of Greenville, SC. If I get the position then I will have three weeks of training either in Charlotte, NC, Philly or Phoenix, AZ. They fly you to and from each week, pay you your wage and give you a per diem. Not to shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with 8.50 an hour? To this I had to say yes, because not only do you have unlimited standby flying time, so does your family and some extended family.   Answer Question

Recruitment/Interview: Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I just left the Recruitment/Interview Day for US Airways and felt I now, too, can add my experience. Before today, I've read every single persons input and applied it to my expectations....well if you have read others you'll see that there some order: introduction in front of large group of people, do seated/over reach, Survival activitiy....
    I guess the recruiters switched up the whole scheme of things for what ever reason.
    First off, every single recruiter was very nice and welcoming, not intimidating at all. Friendly and humble...
    So we went in, were sat in Cafeteria...and naturally we All started just being social towards eachother "where are yooou from? :) all the while the recruiters watched but as if they were just chillin' waiting for 'something'. SO we never did intros bc of THAT. They got to see if you were naturally friendly and engaging.
    Then we went into a conference room. Coffee/water refreshments. Asked to leave our things as they take us to do an exercise: sit and put on belt & then the over reach . Then back in room they THEY introduce themselves and show company video blah blah blah. Then heres what shocked me: one of the instructors tell you everything you need to know about what base they have: Philly, Pheonix, DC and NC- thats it! She tells you about Compensation and breaks it down, in conclusion she told us all the honest truth about being an FA, especially not in your hometown base, you have to commit to moving there if your not an hour away. And THE RECRUITERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION to leave if you feel you cant commit to the lifestyle change or stay...I left. Im from NYC and would prefer to be based by home. So please do not freak out about the process. Its fun. Everyone is cool---and dress code is not that strict. Just dress BUSINESS CASUAL look presentable and be friendly, its so easy with everyone, you wont have to force it and you dont get a fake vibe from anyone---im usually very hard and judgemental about things, but this experience wasn't a waste. Hope this eases some people's anxieties. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • How is everyone this mornin'? (Seriously) lol   View Answer

There was no base close to home and I refuse to relocate.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

Quite possibly the strangest "interview" process I have ever experienced. Everything is pretty much like the previous reviews. Introduce yourself in front of the group, do the group activity, etc. What I am adding to this is that I feel like it's a lucky shot to get selected. A couple of the four out of fifty or so people they asked to stay I was like, "huh?" based on how they introduced themselves. In other words, there were other people who I felt deserved to move forward over some of the people they chose. I think this is a mistake on their part. The lack of one on one interviews (admittedly, take time) in turn causes them to miss out on hiring some great people. So, bottom line, no way to figure out if you're what they want. At least the flight was free!
    The "our promise to you is that you will be notified within 48 hours..." is simply untrue. You'll get your tbnt email eventually. But if they don't ask you to stay, you aren't getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected as I read the reviews on here before my recruitment day.   Answer Question

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!