US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.3

Direct Input Officer Nuclear Power Instructor (1210) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at US Navy.

Found out about opportunity to get paid E-6 or E-7 pay for up to 2.5 years while still a full time university student from Navy recruiter at college job fair. Met high GPA requirements, so applied. Went on familiarization trip to Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in South Carolina to see what Nuclear Power Instructors (Direct Input Officers) do. Got to talk to several current instructors to get their opinions and hear about their experiences. Went to Washington Navy Yard for 2-3 technical interviews and one brief personality interview with 4-star Admiral Director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. Looking back after many years, everything went as promised.

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

APPLIED THROUGH USAJOBS, submitted my resume and other supporting documentation, received and email that i have been referred to the hiring authority, they will contact me if an interview is required, after two weeks from that i was CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, and after the interview it took about 2 weeks I was offered the job.

NO NEGOTIATION

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

First, they take you at the MEPS center so you can take your ASVAB test. You should be of the height and weight standards based on their scale. As long as you have no financial issues or any legal stuff, you are good to go!

Interview Questions
    It just depends on your ASVAB score.

Nuclear Electricians Mate Navy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy.

Contacted by recruiter. Met with recruiter, took practice ASVAB test and discussed benefits and job options. Signed paperwork stating intent to enlist and enter Delayed Entry Program. Went to MEPS to verify medical and intellectual eligibility, as well as make final determination of rating. Questioned several times about whether or not I have ever done drugs.

Interview Questions
    Bonus is based on when openings are available.

Midshipman Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at US Navy.

The process is pretty standardized. SAT and ACT scores are a big component of acceptance. In addition, you must be physically fit and pass a medical examination. I highly advise you apply for NROTC scholarships in the spring of your Jr. year in high school. In addition, I would recommend applying for the school of your choice in the spring also. Early birds get the worm.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the military ?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, pay scale and years of service determine pay.

Yeoman/E-5 Petty Officer Second Class (Submarines) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy.

A series of medical and physical examinations to see what you qualify for. The jobs listed are brief and a monetary amount was not indicated except for the fact that there is or isn't an incentive/bonus for that specific job.

Interview Questions
    Not hard at all. You select from a list of jobs that you qualify for.

Electronics Technician Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and took a pre-placement exam to determine what jobs I was eligible for. I ended up in the AECF program and chose to be an Electronics Technician after boot camp.

N/A

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in September 2010.

First, you have to be atleast a high school graduate. Once you have attained your diploma, you will have to see a recruiter who will administer the ASVAB test to see which job you will most qualify for. If you are accepted you will have to attend bootcamp which is approximately 2 months long to get indoctrinated into the Navy way of life.

Interview Questions
    It was fairly easy. I just had to do my part and pass the school for the job I selected.

Security Forces Interview

Go to a recruiter, be a certain weight and able to perform physical exercise, take an asvab, meet with a rater at the MEPS office to find out what rate/job you qualify for try to hold out for one you want but really at the end of the day it will be what the Navy needs. Pick your rate then determine when you go to boot camp you can wait up to a year to go to boot camp just tell them if you need to take care of your family first. After this boot camp and your done it's a pass or fail from there.

Information Systems Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Ask the Recruiter near you. The requirements change with the demand of the US Navy and the availability for the particular rating you want. If you don't have easy access to a Recruiter near you, just go to www.navy.mil for assistance.