US Navy

313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cryptologic Technician Technical Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details there is no actual "interview," there is physicals as well as psychological exams to insure that you're mentally sound. There is also a drug test, so make sure you're clean when going in. The entrance exam or "ASVAB" is easy but extremely important to determine jobs you qualify for, study for it! Survive boot camp and you're most likely in.

Cryptologic Technician Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details Talked to a Navy Recruiter, do the paperwork, go to MEPS pick a job.... (research the job you want prior to going to MEPS) KNOW what you want and stick to what you want! .... then go to boot camp.

Interview Question – Medical questions you get asked. there is a lot and most you don't know the answers to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations..... only picking which job you want to do.... pick the correct job the first time. Yes you can your job in the Navy..... BUT it is very difficult to do. So its very important to pick correctly the first time.

Military Police Interview

Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details We are big on honesty on drug testing and honesty on Security Clearance questionnaire. We are also big on previous organization affiliations and whether or not you have an arrest record or criminal activity especially if it is not disclosed during screening. Certain jobs or careers will have you working in locations that will not allow for visible tattoos past the sleeve of a t-shirt. Grooming standards are a huge thing and being able to wear a uniform in the precise and correct manner as to not bring discredit upon the service which you applying for. Patience, moral and mental aptitude will all be a must in order to make it through basic training.

Interview Question – Criminal convictions and drug usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was nothing like it is now. This is a totally different time for military service.

Fire Controlman Interview

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details The interview process was not an interview at all. You will meet with a recruiter, they will lie to you about scheduling issues with the job you want in order to put you into something that they need to fill in order to meet their quotas.

Interview Question – All questions are straightforward. Do not admit to doing drugs, not even once. If you have tattoo's but they dont show in a t shirt or shorts than just say no.   Answer Question

Joining Interview

Redlands, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details Meet with a recruiter, take practice test, determine if you are qualified through interviewer, schedule meps physical, take asvab/physical, swear in

Interview Question – Why should you be allowed to serve?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, its the military,

Naval Officer Interview

Naval Officer
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details The interview to get into the Navy's Nuclear Program involved two technical interviews with Naval Reactors personnel followed by a short personal interview with the Director of the Naval Nuclear Power Program (NAVSEA 08). The technical interviews were challenging but based on college level calculus and physics. Mostly dealing with problem solving and equation set up.

Interview Question – Relating a summation of pressures for a cylindrical vessel and spherical ends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, there is a pay scale.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details I went inside the recruiting office and was blown away by all of the opportunities

Interview Question – How do i feel about leaving my family   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not really a negotiation. It was more like bring in your college credits and we could bump you up a pay grade.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer
Patuxent River, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details The interview process was the most pleasant I had ever experienced. The directions given to me were right on target. I was greeted by the office administrator and escorted to the interview room. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 people in the department. 30 minutes of the 1 hour interview consisted of the panel educating me about the Naval Acquisition Development Program. The panel was very down to earth and was not intimidating like most interviews I have experienced. After the interview, I was escorted to network with an employee that was currently in the program to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the program.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   View Answer

Information Systems Technician Interview

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details It was a simple process. A recruiter was at my high school and asked what were my plans and If I ever thought about joining the Navy. After a few conversations, I was sold on the idea and went to my parents to discuss it further. After they agreed, I went to take my ASVAB and enlisted in the Navy under the Delayed Entry Program.

Interview Question – Are you ready to join the Navy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in November 2011.

Interview Details There was no interview process for me to obtain this position. When I was hired I was given pamphlets and information and then released to my work center. I was given a position description that outline my duties but after I met with my supervisor she changed the duties to fit what she wanted. This created tension and an unstable work environment. The HR Department was not any help and I was left to try to rectify the situation on my own. After several months I was finally able to do the job I was hired for but this caused some of those in management position to think of me as a trouble maker. It was a very rocky start but things evened out after about a year.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I was asked was why did I rock the boat getting my duties straight. It was unexpected because most of the other employees were not in the same situation I was in.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Navy