USAA

Updated 12 Nov 2014

2.8

IT Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Completed two short screening interviews over the phone and then a third hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to determine the 5 digits of a bike lock combination while giving me 4 facts to go off of. Only gave me a minute or so.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Attended a career fair at my school and stopped by the USAA table. I have them my resume and I received an email a couple days later about applying for the intern position. I was told to apply and then set up a phone interview within the same week of receiving the email. I interviewed with two people and they asked me basic questions as to who I was, why I choose my degree, and what do I look for in an employer. Really basic. The interview lasted 30 min and was a great experience. The interviewed were really easy to talk to and connect with.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest analysis problem I have ever done?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

I submitted my resume October 1st, and the next week I had a typing test and personality test. I then had a phone interview, a few days later I was called back to schedule an in person interview. My in person interview was Tuesday and one week later I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. They give you an offer and you either accept or decline. They do discuss you benefits and compensation.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA.

Spoke with the recruiters at an college job fair during the Fall semester. Was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. Interviewed with the IT Manager. Interview was very easy to talk to and relate with. Very smooth interview. Questions were behavioral, how you work on a team, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with an idea that would improve the customer experience (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

it took about two to two and a half weeks for them to contact me from the date I applied online. First there was a phone interview where the situational and behavioral questions were asked. After she discussed the salary and benefits and said that she will move me to the next step. Which was the face to face interview with a manager or two.

MBA CDP Career Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at USAA.

I applied online and had an initial interview at a national career fair. The initial interview was a quick 30-minute conversation that focused on behavior questions that were team-work related, why USAA, why San Antonio, tell be about how you've worked with ambiguity or improved a process/fixed a problem (etc). The interviewer didn't have too many details about specifics of the CDP's role, but this is understandable as it is a rotational program where the company only knows the generalities of the role and examples of past projects/roles.

The second interview was over 2 days and hosted at the San Antonio campus. I was flown in and put up in a nice hotel on the Riverwalk. That evening we had a mixer with mid & senior level management. The next day interviews were held on campus. The campus is huge (has it's own zip code) is top-notch, and has the employee benefits & resources you would expect of Apple, Microsoft or Google. (Multiple fitness gyms, plenty of on-site restaurants & cafeterias, company store, nurses & health center, etc).

The day consisted of 2 interviews, a campus tour, and presentation w/ Q&A on company benefits. The interviews were also primarily behavioral. The vibe the other candidates and I got were they were looking for the right people, and would find the best-fitting role for them as available. The interviews were only 45-50 minutes each and also primarily behavioral. They focused on why the company & location, how you've handled problems with people & processes, your short and long-term interests, and other "fit" questions. No case questions. No computational problems.

The expectation for a turnaround time for an offer was 2.5 weeks, and I was contacted after 1 week with an offer. The offer was competitive based on my top-25 MBA program's average salary and my number of years of industry experience.

It was a very good experience based on other interviews with other fortune 500 companies I've interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Are you more interested in a technical position or managerial/strategy-based position? Why?   Answer Question
    They come with an offer, and I'm waiting to see if negotiation is appropriate for my situation based on other offers I get.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I did initial on line assessment then I got a phone interview passed and then did the face to face interview. I have no prior experience but I recently graduated with bachelors. I haven't heard anything yet i had my face to face interview last Friday. I thought being a military spouse might helped but not sure

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Did the online assesment took about 1 month to hear back have my phone interveiw today. The recruiter emailed me several times ensuring me that I would be called so it was just a waiting game as to when

IT Interview

I was recruited in career fair. Had 1:1 interview, rejected after that. I would have liked to receive feedback on it, I was told by the interviewer I did really good and the interview even lasted more than expected, but I only got an automated email saying I was rejected during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Design how would you implement banking in an original way   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

Very smooth and easy experience. I am going through the interview process of the CFO program. Hard to find information about it online. Begins with 10 week internship then finish of your senior year and come back to work after graduation with a full time job. Wonderful program to be apart of. I am current on the final interview for a total of two. Very comfortable people to speak with during an initial two person panel interview. The final interview is onsite and includes a stay at a nice hotel in San Antonio along with a dinner with all the applicants the night before. Interviews and site tour the following day. So far so good!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you helped lead a team.
      Many typical behavioral questions. Just make sure you have stories to back them up!
        Answer Question