USAA Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014
Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.8

IT Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Completed two short screening interviews over the phone and then a third hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to determine the 5 digits of a bike lock combination while giving me 4 facts to go off of. Only gave me a minute or so.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

Very smooth and easy experience. I am going through the interview process of the CFO program. Hard to find information about it online. Begins with 10 week internship then finish of your senior year and come back to work after graduation with a full time job. Wonderful program to be apart of. I am current on the final interview for a total of two. Very comfortable people to speak with during an initial two person panel interview. The final interview is onsite and includes a stay at a nice hotel in San Antonio along with a dinner with all the applicants the night before. Interviews and site tour the following day. So far so good!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you helped lead a team.
      Many typical behavioral questions. Just make sure you have stories to back them up!
        Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Recruited at a job fair. First interview at the school was pretty simple. Mostly background stuff to see if you know what direction you want to go in. There are a few problem-solving questions that involve logic, design, and creativity respectively. Then, they put you up in a hotel on the riverwalk for a night to wine and dine you before a campus tour and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you replace typing on a keyboard to interact with a mobile app   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA.

Initial application filled out. Called by HR. Arranged phone interview with HR. Three days later offered to interview with department managers. One week later offered the position. Took drug test and went thru background which took about 25 days to complete. Final offer verbally and in writing. Offer accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a complex claims issue with a long time customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offer what they know your talent is worth.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

submit the resume online. You will have a reception dinner before the interview. and you get an interview on campus. and after the first round interview you will get the result about whether you got the opportunity of the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe what you do on Excel and do you know how to programming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Met with them on the Career fair and had a behavior questions interview. Little math puzzle and some creative problem solving / problem solving approach.

After the 1st interview they contacted me a few weeks later offering me to go their campus in Plano, TX where they took us to Dinner and the next day more interviews and an more detailed overview of the company / benefits.

If you have any military connection be sure to mention it and bring it up. Most of the time they are asking for a fit for their culture and not a skillset.

Auto Adjuster Interview

Received a typing test, was called in for an interview about 1 week later. 2 people interviewed, was a fairly short process, maybe 20 minutes. Asked a few personality questions, then explained the position itself.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Found out about opportunity through university career fairs (they do alot of work with university relations). They have 2 interviews and always have 3 specific questions - one problem solving, one logical, and one creative. The problem solving is something like given a set of clues, can you figure out the solution to the problem? The logical question is coming up with a design, key features, or capabilities that a certain new product would need (innovative thinking). The creative questions is similar and asks you to come up with a unique solution or design to solve a certain problem at hand. All are very easy-going and do not require intense programming skills. They don't ask you to write code or anything like that. The interview is behavioral based and measures your personality as a fit to their culture.

Interview Questions
    • The design and logical questions (described above) was what I thought was most challenging. They are looking for certain key words from your answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

On campus interview the day after the career fair. 9 days later and offer to go to cooperate in5 days. After 1 week after the cooperate interview I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time a whole was greater then the sum or it's parts, where you worked together to achieve something bigger then you could've done on your own.   Answer Question