USAA

Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.8

IT Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Completed two short screening interviews over the phone and then a third hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to determine the 5 digits of a bike lock combination while giving me 4 facts to go off of. Only gave me a minute or so.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Very lengthy two phone interviews one was about five minutes long the other was about an hour an a half with two individuals on a conference call. Overall it was a good interview they were both very patient an did not rich me an made sure to explain each question very thoroughly

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were challenged with a project but over came the difficulties   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered 34k

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Recruiter emailed me and scheduled a 30min technical interview with a developer and IT manager. Time between contact and resume submission was 2-3 weeks. Currently in a holding patterning.
    Company web site is good at showing where you are in the interview process.
    Seemed very professional but laid back when needed.

Interview Questions
    • IT Manager asked:
      Background on myself and reason for new job.

Developer asked:
      -serialVersionUID
      -EJB

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Filled out application online and took assessment test. Received email for phone interview, conducted phone interview with recruiter and was provided details of job. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple of days if selected for the position. It was a positive experience. It is a good company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to overcome a hostile customer on the phone.   Answer Question

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA.

The Interview process with USAA is by far the best I've ever experienced. I was referred by an employee and was contacted within a week to start my assessments. The assessment all together took about a hour to complete. Once the assessments were complete I was contacted by a recruiter who was amazing! He really took the time out to get to know me and answered all my questions. The interview questions mainly consisted of; "explain a situation where you encountered a difficult patient, and how did you turn it around?" and "explain a situation where you had to sell a product."
    After my phone interview I was given a date for my final interview and instructions on how to complete my background check.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of the questions were difficult in my honest opinion.   Answer Question

SDI Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Staffing personell will call you for a quick interview and overview of the position. Depending on the group, you will have a panel interview which includes personal and technical questions.

Life and Health Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at USAA.

Took 1 week after applying online too take 1 hour long phone conversation interview with recruiter.
    Met for formal face to face interview with two managers for an hour discussing experiences that apply. Did role play selling cell phone, try to close it! Member centric and its a sales job so showcase dialogue techniques to selling appropriately.

None

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Initial phone interview from HR, then she called back and set-up a second phone Interview with hiring manager, then I received email and set-up on-site interview with HR and two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to stay within the "swim lanes" and focus on one piece of campaign management?   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview Question types:

Behavioral
    Situational: tell me a time when...
    It is the STARS Model of interview questions.

You are also given a scenario on a mock family and asked the following:
    What 5 questions would you ask
    - you are then given additional information and asked:
    What are 3 recommendations you would provide.

Sell me this pen.

You get to speak with a representative in your role; however, they are trained on responses. The old expression in the industry, make them drink the koolaid.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions where you have to provide specific examples   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

The initial interview was with a recruiter. A day later I had an interview with the mortgage processor managers. The managers asked basic interview questions and were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time something didn't go the way you had planned it to.   Answer Question