Ubisoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Developers Interview

Developers
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

Interview Details Generraly between 2 to 3 interview, first on with HR, then one with HR + your futur manager, finally you can have one only with your futur boss if necessary. A lot of people apply to each job opening so most of the time taking the decision take time for your future manager and HR.

Interview Question – 3 most famous game out last year ? If you had to build a game engine, how would you architecture it ? If you had to build the server architecture for an mmorp, what technologie would you use ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR always tell you they can't negociate salary, truth is that you can at least a little bit (around 10%).

Event Content Coordinator Interview

Event Content Coordinator
Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details Initial meeting with a HR very professional. Second with another HR manager who was also very pro. Interview with my future manager- very casual one. Interview with N+2 ( manager of my manager ) totally cool and fun.

Interview Question – None - what can you bring different to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary - had a good one at the time

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2014.

Interview Details phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Interview Question – just general questions   View Answer

Junior Game Tester Interview

Junior Game Tester

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details A contact from the company passed my resume along to Lead and HR
During the interview, there was a test + interview
After the interview, it was about 1 month before I got more information from them regarding the hire
General perception of the company was laid back but knew what they were looking for

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult bug you had ever encountered and how you tackled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are aware of how much the position would pay so as to avoid any nasty surprises or disappointments

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Campus Brand Ambassador
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2012.

Interview Details Series of phone calls

Interview Question – Greatest weakness turned strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted contract offer

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details Sent my resume and got a interview, followed by a test. After being shortlisted, went down for another interview.

Interview Question – What game have you played recently, which mechanic do you like and how would you change it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Ubisoft

Interview Details They ask the kinda of questions that we see in any best-seller interview books. They also use the kinda of techniques described in these books such as you said one thing and they noted it and waited half an hour to ask another question related to this detail just try to mix you and totally disturb the interview logical progression.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your leisure time ? (Actually, I am not even sure that it is a legal question)   Answer Question

Lead Quality Control Interview

Lead Quality Control

Interviewed at Ubisoft

Interview Details The hiring and interview process went smoothly and professionally. It involved two interviews with both interviews involving a current Leads/Managers in QC as well as a Producer. Questions were typical for the role. General feel was reassuring and fun. Had good conversations.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult or unexpected for the role. If you have successful previous experience then there should be no issue with questions.   Answer Question

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2013.

Interview Details Their Talent Acquisition staff reached out to me via email and invited me for an interview. First round of interview involved mainly behavioural questions as well as design/problem questions. Presented with a level design test at the end of the interview for a platformer game in the vein of their more popular franchises with a week to work on it.
Invited in for a second round of interviews by more senior staff with more challenging questions related to specific design and production challenges.
HR personnel got back to me within 2 weeks of the last interview with an offer. Total process took slightly more than a month. The people involved were all very nice and friendly and made the effort to make you feel relaxed and treat you like a candidate they would seriously consider.

Interview Question – Given two important features/tasks with a looming deadline that only you can handle, how would you decide which would be more important?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation as they mentioned that the conditions set were pretty standardised for the company.

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details There were about 3 to 4 rounds of interviews meeting with several people above and at the same level to your applied position.

Initially you communicate with a recruiter through email to coordinate a telephone interview. The phone interview starts with an extensive overview on how Ubisoft is structured then proceeds to your typical Q&A. Please make note the overview is a long-winded speech.

If invited back you meet with HR and everyone else . It's mostly conversational mixed with Q&A as opposed to situational or behavorial. The people seemed nice, easy to speak with, and has worked there for a very long time. Average 5+ years.

The crowd isn't diverse at all and it's a tight knitted group. You guys can do the math on this as some might approve but others might not.

It'll be interesting to see the stats on diversity: gender, ethnicity, openly LGBT, and also income disparity at this company. From my memory, there was only one person of color in the office.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Worked for Ubisoft? Contribute to the Community!