Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

Junior Engine Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a phone call from the HR the next day. The following days I got two interviews with people from the HR and studio and team managers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my previous experiences, aiming to know what I was interested in, what I learned from my previous experiences and if I did something out of the studies that'd show my motivation.The interview was informal and delightful.   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I contacted the recruiter from Linkedin, a phone interview was arrange the next day. And for a big company it was really fast that an interview had been arrange on the following week. The recruiter is cool and do reminds me on stuff that I should take note on the actual interview.

At this point I am still waiting for my last interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment company. Took two weeks to get an interview call from the recruitment company. Technical interview was scheduled with the lead developer in Abu Dhabi. But on the interview day, it was again with HR person in Abu Dhabi. Again technical interview was scheduled after two days. First time, I observed a 1 person interviewer in a big company. Usually it is a panel. And the interview lasted for 10 minutes, only 3 questions. Looks like the interviewer did not want to process the interview. And its been two weeks and no update yet.

Interview Questions

• Background, PHP design patterns (especially where to use singleton pattern), php profiling   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Hiring process is rather fast for a big company. A few hours after sending my cover letter and resume, I was invited to a phone interview. After that, I was scheduled for a 24-hour questionnaire, which involved critically assessing a game I have played before. Less than a week after that I was contacted for an interview with lead designers at the studio.

At the point of writing this I am scheduled for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      After this question the interview kind of turned into an enjoyable conversation regarding game history, game components, life as a game designer and life at Ubisoft.

Answer Question

2D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sakai, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Sakai, Osaka (Japan)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email which then progressed into a Skype interview/talk. From there they set me and art test which was based on two 8 hour sessions. After the art test I was then invited to the studio which they nicely offered to pay for travel. At the studio I was expecting to have a tour but instead it was an actual interview, they put right into a meeting room and then asked me a series of questions about my experience, my future and what games I play. All together I was interviewed by a total of 9 people in three different sessions, one after the other. I asked my prepared questions and then was shown out without seeing the studio at all. A week later I was offered the position. All very smooth and they were very welcoming. I was just very unsure about the environment before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing right now?   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

There is a 1 hour technical test and a face to face interview. The whole interview process took about 2 hours. The Interviewer is pretty friendly, but be prepared for some technical questions too. The technical questions are mostly to test your ability as a programmer as well as your experiences in game programming.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Very standard job interview procedure. You get interviewed by three to five people to see if you are a good fit. If you’re assuming that a tight job market means that an employer doesn’t have to exert much effort to fill its open positions, think again.

Knowing how to “hire smart” is a must for any employer, no matter what the economy looks like. A company that does not think strategically about recruiting could miss out on the best candidates, fail to hire a diverse workforce or worse - expose itself to liability for discriminatory hiring practices.

Now is the time to take a critical look at your hiring process to make sure it is efficient and effective. Remember: A little bit of common sense goes a long way toward hiring the best employees.

What Do You Need in a New Employee?

The first step in your recruiting process should be to prepare a well thought-out job description that can be used for both hiring and employment purposes. When creating a job description, keep the following in mind:

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through their website. Contacted by their recruiter within 2 days. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and arranged for an interview and a technical test at their office with the Senior Gameplay Programmer. The test took an hour while the interview with the Senior Gameplay Programmer took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• the technical test was appropriate for the position applied   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I was grown into this position after starting as a 2d concept artist. I was hired after graduation from college.

No other things to say. I was a inexperienced at the time and HR took advantage of it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no negotiation power as a junior 2d concept artist

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I received a phone interview for the Game Designer position that was available. The interview in general was very easy and laid back. The questions were basic and standard, from asking what projects I have worked on, to what my interests would be in the project and what skills can I bring onto the team.

Interview Questions

• None honestly, they were all straight forward, and all expected questions for a design interview.   Answer Question