Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

QA Tester Interview

Interview

Self applied via the careers website of the company for the QA Tester position at Ubisoft Milan, Italy on June 17 2013.

No feebadcks received via mail or phone.
    The application status still "Application received" while the job oppurtinity is closed.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1 interview, 1 test, 1 negotiation

Generalist Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give three weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview on site with recruiter, team lead and director. Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personnality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour. They said I'd get an technical interview online that I'd be able to answer from home, needed to plan for 100 minutes.

Got the technical questions, took about 120 minutes to complete at my own pace. Very broad range of subjects as it was intended for a generalist programmer.

A phone about one week after the technical questions to plan for a small phone interview. This interview was with recruiter, two team leads and the director and they wanted to know more about my long term goals, had questions about my personal career path up to that point.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer but needed to verify some professional references before, which I gave them the next day.

The verification of references took about one week and I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about MMX specific Assembly code. I don't know much about Assembly other than my general course on computer architecture in University.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was fine for me.

No Job Title Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Quebec, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I was informed via e-mail that I would be getting a review by Ubisoft by their Graphics Technical Director, with out any knowledge of which position (I applied to a few to better my chances, but also have 4 different degrees). As soon as the review started I was told I was a number, while being internally referred by an Associate Technical Director and Motion Capture Director. I went through an incredibly strenuous five review process going through a battery of tests, while being informed that someone was going to help pull for me to reviewer. During this time my website was hacked into, and confronted the reviewer after looking at my website and half of my stuff wasn't working properly. I was pretty upset, the person reviewing my work never got back with me about it, and at the end didn't get this position that I don't even know to this day that I did not get, but also I find out months down the road from Human Resources that based on "Operations of Studios" that my referrals didn't go through while the Assistant Technical Director was pulling for me at a different studio location, same with the Motion Capture Director. I was talking with Coaches, Animators, Directors at the time to get to know the culture, understand what type of environment I would be in if I was given the opportunity, but based on the fact that I knew others in a different studio location, while being told I'm being internally referred and being pulled for, based on operations of studios and studio to studio operations it does not do anything. I still to this day, after a 5 week review, which I even followed up with the reviewer, never got back to me, but told me to keep applying. Outside of that fact, but issues with my website once it was over. I talked with an Animator of the company after I was done, also with the Motion Capture Director, also an Assistant Technical Director about it, and they told me to let it go, also to move on completely. Also to not worry about it. Even still to this day, like I said, I don't even know what position it was for.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Annecy (France)) in February 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with HR and then with studio production team, and then followed by an on-site interview. On-site was over half a day and introduced me to the direction group and team I would be working with. Standard interview questions and very friendly.

Negotiation

Able to negotiate start date, salary and relocation

PR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me and arranged an interview soon after. After a few more interviews I received the jobs. It took them a week to send an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given numbers 1 to 100 in an array a random number was replaced with 0. Find the which number it was in constant time (100).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. was too dumb.

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to ubisoft ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

1-2 weeks

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
    I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

I got a better offer.