Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in January 2012.

Series of phone calls

Accepted contract offer

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in November 2011.

Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2011.

Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions
    • How do you compile and make a P&L?   View Answer
    • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

International Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in April 2011.

They asked a number of questions not directly related to my position, it showed they were not aware of what a product manager's role was:

Why did the last product you work on not sell 20 million copies?
    How can we get our next product to sell 20 million copies?

Interview Questions

they were behind in their hiring process and I didn't want to wait around unemployed for 6 months.

Gam Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in March 2011.

good planning, well prepared

Network Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft in February 2011.

Apply and did test for one position, but was hired for another.

Interview Questions
    • Somethings about ASM language, however, I said I don't know it at all!   Answer Question
    • What are advantages of XBox business architecture.   Answer Question
    Bad, staff didn't response for a long time. Didn't reply for emails and phone calls.

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in August 2010.

Very rare that this level position is looked for outside the company since it would likely be a VP position in other companies. At this level expect the entire senior management team to interview you. Expect multiple rounds and expect to go up against national candidates from outside the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly it is a very straight forward interview process, in fact one might argue they need to be more diligent in their interviews. Do not worry too much about 'zinger' questions. There are no Google like questions or cases to solve. Expect "are you a gamer" but know that the answer does not need to be yes if you are functionally solid.   Answer Question
    Responsible negotiation for senior positions though there are policies in place that will preclude wholesale "open checkbook" discussions.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft in May 2010.

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.