Ubisoft

Updated 1 Nov 2014
Updated 1 Nov 2014

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
    - Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
    - Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
    - Another HR Interview
    - Interview with potential Manager
    - Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
    • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

BI -- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in May 2012.

2 interviews. 3 and 4 persons. 1 person from HR on 1st interview, people from the division, and one higer up in 2nd interview. No catch-question. I felt an honest desire to find out if there was a good match or not. Lot of technical technical questions on first interview. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. They were more casually dressed than me. Nobody dresses formally there, really (Montreal). Nothing to complain about.

Interview Questions
    • Some random question from the HR girl. But the other ones seem to make the decision anyway.   Answer Question

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in January 2012.

Series of phone calls

Accepted contract offer

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in November 2011.

Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Questions
    • We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2011.

Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions
    • How do you compile and make a P&L?   View Answer
    • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

International Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ubisoft in April 2011.

They asked a number of questions not directly related to my position, it showed they were not aware of what a product manager's role was:

Why did the last product you work on not sell 20 million copies?
    How can we get our next product to sell 20 million copies?

Interview Questions

they were behind in their hiring process and I didn't want to wait around unemployed for 6 months.

Gam Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft in March 2011.

good planning, well prepared