Ultimate Software Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed at university with two managers from a team for an internship program. Waited about 4 weeks until I heard back from one of the managers that I was selected to be a part of the internship program.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

Began with a phone interview asking about my resume and general qualifications, then flown out for an on-site. On-site interview was a mixture of talking about myself, hearing about the company, and some coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Pseudocode algorithm for recognizing palindromes within a set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

- Background and experience screening with HR
    - 2 technical interviews by phone and online coding tests
    - On-site 5 round interview with several teams and various number of people. These varied from being very technical whiteboard type interviews, to more verbal and experience oriented interviews.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of object oriented programming questions.
      - A lot of full stack domain knowledge questions (REST, APIs, JSON, html, css, javascript, frameworks, etc)
      - Problem solving questions such as ordering algorithms and sorting algorithms, and time complexity questions.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Met with them at my school's career fair. Went through two interviewers. First one asked more behavioral-type questions to get to know me and see if I knew enough to pass me onto the second interviewer. The second interviewer asked more about the experience on my resume and then general programming questions related to OOP.

Customer Success Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

3 Interviews:

Phone interview with recruiter.
    This one should be the easiest one. Usually all recruiters are very nice and they want you to be successful. But, it is mostly an interview where they will ask you about your past experience, why you left your others jobs, why you want to work in a customer service position, and most importantly, why Ultimate Software.

Panel interview with high up managers.
    From the moment you walk in, they are already screening you. How you introduce yourself, talk, walk, etc. They say that within the first 2 minutes, they'll know wether you're a good fit or not. So, make sure you bring your A game for the first 2 minutes!
    This one is similar to the first one, but they'll throw in some behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time where you had a tough situation with a client and how did you solve it?"
    If you do good on this one ( DON'T BE NERVOUS ) you will take a quick test.. You should be fine as long as you use common sense and bring your analytical skills into play.

Panel interview with future managers from teams.
    If you're here, you should be almost good to go. Previous managers think you're a good fit and want to run you through potential team managers. Don't be nervous for this one as you almost made it, but, it can and will break you if you think you've got the position already.
    Mostly behavioral as well, with questions about your previous positions. Be confident and enthusiastic. I mean, this is Ultimate Software, if you aren't happy you made it this far, then you should look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person?   1 Answer
    • If you could be one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Rising Star - Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening interview with a Talent Acquisition Manager and progressed to an in-person interview, where I was also required to take a skills assessment (the second phase). I received a callback several hours later asking me to come in for the third stage, which I will be doing tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company, Ultimate Software?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Had a first phone interview 5 days ago and still waiting to hear back from them...my case is an employee referral from one of my Professors... they sent me an email to arrange phone interview and a week later I got the call , it was a 15 min interview, pretty simple....will update on process...

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in February 2015.

Interview

Screened by Recruiting Manager which led to phone interview with SDM, phone interview with Leadership, face to face meeting with SDM and PM before offer was extended. The timing was constrained which made the whole process take over a month - which was a lot of time wondering, but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an offer and accepted I did not need to negotiate; US knows the market and makes informed decisions.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

3 steps to the interview. Met with the direct manager then flew into Weston to meet with executive team. Met the CEO and sat in his office. Was offered job on the spot.

Negotiation

none

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.