Ultimate Software

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.

Customer Success Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2014.

Interview process consisted of 1 phone interview and 2 on site interviews, both average in length. Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly behavioral questions. I did have a written logic test which if I had known about probably would have prepared for, not that there really was a way to prepare. The process moved very quickly. I think the most important thing about the interview process is to be honest and be yourself. USG seems very keen on finding the right fit and is more concerned with your personality and attitude than a long list of technical skills. Misrepresenting yourself will only hurt you.

Interview Questions
    • I was more surprised by what was NOT asked; given the appeal of this company I expected more questions regarding the company itself, such as it's products, history, etc. I took the time to read the annual report (115 pages) I found online and while I found it interesting it did not directly help me prepare for the interview. Do know why you want to work for USG, and I recommend a genuine answer reflective of personal commitment and beliefs.   Answer Question
    None; they offer a very fair compensation package and I believe 1/60 of those that land an interview actually get an offer so I recommend taking it.

Senior Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

interviewed at Ultimate Software in October 2014.

I had a phone interview first. I was told at that time a face to face interview would take place. I then had the face to face interview with a recruiter and then one of the payroll manager. After 2 days I sent a "thank you" to the recruiter via email. I didn't have the payroll manager's information. Three days after the interview I called the recruiter and left a voice mail asking for a status of the position. I didn't get a call back. I then sent an email. The next week I received an email saying another candidate was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what would I do if one of my team members wasn't getting the job done.   View Answer

Engineering Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in June 2014.

My resume was given to a friends neighbor, then i was contacted the next day via phone. I am not from south Florida, so I did about 3 more interviews via phone before coming onsite for interviews. I completed a 2 hour test that included Word and Powerpoint. I did the onsite interviews about 2 weeks later, then I was given an offer a couple days after that.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as this was not a technical role. Just mainly about experience and my skills.   Answer Question

Systems Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

1. Phone screen with recruiter discussing the travel and the company benefits.
    2. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (East).
    3. Phone Interview with Consulting Manager (Midwest).
    4. Phone Interview with Director of Consulting.
    5. In-person interview company paid for flight to meet co-work in Newark, NJ.
    6. Offered position the following day from the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions (Tell me about yourself, greatest strength, weakness, etc.)   Answer Question

I initially accepted after reviewing the offer and the benefits, but then declined because I received a better total compensation and benefits package.

Business Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2014.

The process was simple, but time consuming. First was an interview with a technical recruiter. That went well and I was asked to take an exam. It was timed and I was given 90 minutes. It took about a week and a half for them to contact me and say that they would like to continue the process. It then took another week and a half to get the next interview set up. Finally, a week later I got the rejection.

Interview Questions
    • If I was to call your boss, what would they say was your biggest flaw. Then at your current job, what has been your biggest failure.   View Answer

Customer Success Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software in April 2014.

The hiring process was great! I worked with 2 different recruiters regarding 2 different positions. They were both enthusiastic and energetic regarding getting me on-board with Ultimate Software. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, followed by a telephone interview, and a physical interview. I interviewed in the morning, by that afternoon an offer was made. Overall it was a great experience and I feel I made a great choice by joining the company.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unexpected question was "What do you feel like your greatest contribution in life thus far". It gave me a chance to really think.   Answer Question
    I told the recruiter what I was looking for in terms of salary requirements, and they exceeded my expectation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Recruiter interview
    Phone interview
    Face to face interview

Interview Questions
    I got more than I asked so accepted without negotiation

Customer Success Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ultimate Software.

I was contacted by the Talent Acquisition/Recruiter for a vetting interview. During that interview he told me my experience and credentials were pretty much perfect and better than the caliber of resume's he generally sees for this job. In fact, he said I'd be a perfect fit. I received a call to set up an interview with 3 managers.

That interview was awkward and strange. It was clear from the type of questions they asked they had no scope of understanding of my experience. It was clear I was grossly overqualified for the job, however that was not a concern of mine.

Even though I was overqualified, the response back to me was I was not adequately qualified. When I asked for more feedback or if there was some training I could do to become more qualified, I was told this group would never hire me and if any further jobs came up with that specific group, I would not be considered.

I really believe they are a great company and one I would love to work for, however, this experience was not good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about working in an office environment.   View Answer

Integration Consultant - Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ultimate Software in January 2014.

Applied online on Jan 4th, received an email from the hiring manager on the 9th to setup an interview, we scheduled an interview for the 15th. It was more of a casual meeting than an interview, which I enjoyed very much.

Interview Questions

Was considering another offer at the time. Honestly, I regret declining. It's a great company