Unilever

Updated 25 Feb 2015

3.1

Business and Technology Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

The interview process follow 4 stage process: Fist of all the CV screening, if you are successful there is the telephone interview. If you are successful the Assessment Day where it will be needed to spend all day in the ofices with different activities and personal interviews and finally, if you are successful you will have the Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Competitors of Unilever, and what Unilever does different.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program - BTM Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Online Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre (still waiting to do the ac!)

The telephone interview is just competency based. The interviewer was nice and friendly and it was a positive experience. Waiting to do my ac on Tuesday, wish me luck glassdoor people!

Interview Questions
    • What are recent economic trends affecting FMCG companies?   Answer Question

Human Resources Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

I received a response for a telephone interview relatively quickly. The interview itself was difficult, with difficult questions. The interviewer was very friendly though which made the interview less daunting.

Interview Questions
    • 'State a time that you come up with an innovative solution to a difficult problem?'   View Answer

Customer Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online and immediately invited to take online tests. Application process quite long, lots of detail required on the phone. Got invited to a phone interview. Questions about why Unilever, what differentiates them from competitors. Competency questions were tricky, lots of detail within them, for example 'Describe a time when you came up with an innovative idea to solve a problem when others' ideas were not innovative enough'.

SummerMarketing Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever in January 2015.

I did a lot of prep on competency questions, and had a lot to say on that. Had also done some prep on Unilever itself of course, but slightly less as I thought the whole interview would be competency-based.

In fact, the first thing she said was that the interview would be 3-part. 10 mins on competency, 10 mins on the specific position (marketing) and 10 mins on Unilever. This threw me a bit as I expected it to be mostly competency based, is it indicates on the pdf that is emailed to you when you are invited to a phone interview.

Doesn't really matter, as I now have pages and pages of typed up notes for any competency question that could ever be thrown at me! Worth going through the motions of doing anyway for future interviews, you only have to do the hard work once.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain how you think Marketing speaks to other departments in a business (I'm not a business management student so had to kind of make this one up)   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in January 2015.

Submitted my application and wasn't asked to do any tests. Booked a phone interview through their webpage when asked.

The interview seemed outsourced, which was really disappointing. The lady was really uninterested and even sighed a few times (plus called me with a delay of 25 minutes). Got about 15 general competency question about teamwork, innovation, leadership and also about Unilever, its competitors etc.

She did not ask me if I have any questions, but said goodbye straight away.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After the application form there was a telephone interview and further an assessment centre: I f only got up to the telephone interview. Very uncomfortable and hard so be prepared. Know the 5 standards of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time where you have show growth mindset   Answer Question

SummerSupply Chain Interview

Telephone Interview - second round. Asked three questions with plenty of follow up questions. Interviewer seemed to want to know every bit of detail about experiences so be sure to know your answer inside out.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in December 2014.

Application and online testing was pretty straight forward.
    However, the phone interview was soley competancy based. The interviewer did not want to know about any research or industry knowledge I had, just grilled me on my cv. Had prepped answers about individual competancies but often the questions were linking 2 or more together so had to think on my feet.

Found the interview to be extremely rigid and uncomfortable.

Was given an oportunity to ask questions but everytime was just refered to the company website (whether it was about industry specific's or the internship itself).

Throughout the whole process I found the graduate recruitment point of contáct to be extremely helpful and efficent. They reply to emails and make there decisions very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you have lead a group and had to make a difficult decision. How did you deal with any resistance you faced and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Very calm, the interviewer made me feel at ease. Timings for the case study are very difficult. A tour of the building and facilities was also included. We stayed at a hotel the night before to meet the other candidates and graduates. My advice is to study the main points of the case study carefully.