Unilever

Updated 5 Dec 2014
Updated 5 Dec 2014

3.1

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Very calm, the interviewer made me feel at ease. Timings for the case study are very difficult. A tour of the building and facilities was also included. We stayed at a hotel the night before to meet the other candidates and graduates. My advice is to study the main points of the case study carefully.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I applied online and was contacted only a few days later by HR to schedule a initial phone interview. After phone interview with HR, I was asked to come for an on site interview with regional Marketing Manager and regional HR Director

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight forward questions. Some were situational (describe a situation when...you failed/created something new etc) and some were linked to Unilever and the specific brand (how would you develop the brand, how would you launch a new product).   Answer Question

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   View Answer

Research and Development Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

An online application form incl. some competency based questions and numerical and verbal reasoning tests followed by a telephone interview which lasted for ~1hr. Online application was fairly standard as were the online tests and telephone interview. The lady who interview me was very friendly and make the experience a good one.

Interview Questions
    • Started with covering CV, followed by approx 1/2hr of competency questions based on their 5 key requirements/values. Finished with fairly standard questions regarding why this job/department/company, but also covered why you think you would make a good leader.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview i went through was just to know more about me. The intending line manager asked questions about the skills i had and how i was going to be of positive impact in the organization.

Assistant CMI Manager Interview

2 rounds of interviews, feels quite informal. they are looking for people who are passionate, curious and forward thinking. the hiring process was slightly longer as it requires two or three layers of approval.

Interview Questions
    • Many were standard interviewing questions, nothing too out of the blue   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I had applied online where i submitted my CV, as well as answered some personality questions, If accepted get through to the next stages which included numerical tests which are pretty difficult due to the time restraints 18mins for 18 questions.

Supply Chain Interview

The whole process was all about competency questions. Phone interview was with someone from the HR department and it felt very artificial. I didn't enjoy it at all. The interviewer was typing my answer up as I was speaking which was very annoying and created long gaps in-between questions. They did not seem to have the knowledge of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you had to persuade your team to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

First to complete online application. This was followed by an hour telephone conversation. Questions were all competency based putting the candidate in different situations though out. The usual sort of questions, no curve balls. got the opportunity to ask questions at the end but the lady on the end of the phone wasn't able to answer it, and didn't know much to be honest because she was just in recruitment. I failed, but if i was to do this again, i would try and have got more key words in my speech to keep her hungry for more.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the usual competency based question stuff   Answer Question

Grad Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

for the phone interview, took about 45 minutes and he lady from HR doing it was very nice and put me at ease. there was a CV review, about half an hour of competency based questions and then questions about why FMCG and why unilever, the standard kind of stuff you would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to come up to a creative solution to a difficult problem   Answer Question