Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

3.1

Neuroscience/Pychology R&D Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in March 2013.

Panel interview asking regular questions:
    Why the company?
    Why the role?
    What do you achieve during the internship?
    Tell me about yourself/interests

And practical questions:
    What's the most important thing about carrying out a literature review?
    Experience with psychology experiments

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

online application. 30 minute telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • How does the Human Resources role at Unilever affect our other functions such as finance and marketing   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview was fine. I answered the questions well and was one of the first to be interviewed. There was an echo and the guy seemed really tired. Quite uncomfortable. I got no offer and the feedback was basically a copy if the answers I gave, no actual improvements.

R&D Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I was applying for the R&D Summer Intern placement in the UK for Unilever.
    Format: competency queestions, motivation questions, questions about Unilever.
    Competency questions: tell me about a time when you offered a good solution, tell me about a time when you had to make a point despite the opposition of others, etc.
    Motivation question: why did you choose this role,
    Additional: do you want to take part in our future leaders programme

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Unilever: Why Unilever, who are our competitors, what makes us special, how doe sthe R&D section interact with the other sections of the company   Answer Question

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in January 2013.

I had a very similar experience as another interviewee who has already posted the feedback here. The process itself was very specific - behavioral assessment, examples of previous experience when you had to deal with a particular situation, case studies or case examples and long discussions around these, finance related questions (review your stuff before you show up). I had a total of 5 interviews spread over 4-5 weeks and received an offer. However, my impression of the company for this specific area was rather poor - disorganized, uncoordinated, unclear on who is expecting what, team members seems to have little connectivity with one another or visibility over who does what. The team leader does not seem to spend a lot of time on site and staff management was rather loose. I also had a lot of questions about the long term strategy of the group and how it intends to develop in the future, how are the business performance contracts put together, KPIs established, work assigned and managed, resources allocated, etc - at the end of these discussions, I really wondered how long this set-up will continue running as is. Overall work-life balance for the team was distressing to see and this is partially a reflection of inadequate organization/planning and perhaps questionable staffing/resourcing strategy. None of the people could join the interviews on time and some were excessively late. All in all, very surprising for an FMCG and once again, reminded me that nothing is at it seems at first glance...

Interview Questions

Following so many conversations, I felt that there was no clear operational plan for the function nor was the current mode of operandi sustainable in the long term. Also did not like the fact that the people seemed genuinely ragged and exhausted - working hard is important, but everything should be in balance (this I thought largely comes from limited organization and lack of clarify on reporting lines and accountabilities.

CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview on phone and was asked the general competency based questions involving leadership and teamworking skills. Also asked about the details of the CV and thats it really.

Interview Questions
    • What are yuor weakness and what have you done about it?   Answer Question

It was not competitive enough for my liking

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2010.

Very disorganised. HR was not involved.

Interview Questions
    • They ask competency based questions (Tell me about a time when you demonstrated such and such behavior)   Answer Question
    No negotiation offered

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Online application
    Telephone interview
    Online numerical and verbal tests
    Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question
    Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Supply Chain Projects Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Positive experience overall. Helped reading through reviews already completed. Applied online in response to job advert. Telephonic interview with HR, 1 on 1 interview with person I would be reporting to. Did not hear anything for a while and almost 3 weeks later got offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly questions with regards to my experience and how this relates to what is expected from the job. All 'describe a situation when...' type questions.   Answer Question