Unilever

Getting the Interview

230 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details online application. 30 minute telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How does the Human Resources role at Unilever affect our other functions such as finance and marketing   Answer Question

R&D Summer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I was applying for the R&D Summer Intern placement in the UK for Unilever.
Format: competency queestions, motivation questions, questions about Unilever.
Competency questions: tell me about a time when you offered a good solution, tell me about a time when you had to make a point despite the opposition of others, etc.
Motivation question: why did you choose this role,
Additional: do you want to take part in our future leaders programme

Interview Question – Questions about Unilever: Why Unilever, who are our competitors, what makes us special, how doe sthe R&D section interact with the other sections of the company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Liverpool, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Question – "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Leatherhead, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details Online application
Telephone interview
Online numerical and verbal tests
Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Analyst Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in July 2010.

Interview Details In person interview with 3 business managers and then an interview with the team leader.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly started at the bottom of my resume and worked his way up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't really negotiate, it was an entry level position.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details Knowing an internal connection will help

Intern Interview

Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever in July 2011.

Interview Details applied online, got contacted by a recruiter took 1 week.

Interview Question – creating a portal   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied online for the process in December 2012 and have been called for an interview in April 2013. I was welcomed by two people, one from procurement department and the other one from HR department. They asked me questions based on my experiences, such as conflicts, how I handled them, what I learmt from them etc.

Then I was called for the recruitment day in May 2013. We were 6 people, the morning started with a written case interview about handling a production problem and deciding where to open a factory. Then we were given several problems and we discussed which three were the most important ones. After lunch, we were given a short time to study another case and we provided individual presentations as a role player, which was very difficult. At the end, we had individual interviews, where we were provided feedback based on why we were recruited or not.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you faced a situation which was unethical and how you handled it   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Unilever

Interview Details Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed with HR Director and questions were straightforward.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you as a summer intern and what are going to be your contributions.   Answer Question

Key Account Salesman Interview

São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Unilever in June 2012.

Interview Details Well, from the beginning i"ve started with a phone interview telling about me, than i've done computer test of IQ, skills and Personality, the skill test includes knowledge of office excel, after this i've made more 3 interviews, one with skype with a staffing agency and the 2 others in the headquarter with managers and Sales Director.

Interview Question – was a question to turning my life experience into business cases, and how what i've learned (about trips as funny stuff) in my life i can use to reach the goals on job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Unilever