Unilever

Getting the Interview

236 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details online application. 30 minute telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How does the Human Resources role at Unilever affect our other functions such as finance and marketing   Answer Question

R&D Summer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I was applying for the R&D Summer Intern placement in the UK for Unilever.
Format: competency queestions, motivation questions, questions about Unilever.
Competency questions: tell me about a time when you offered a good solution, tell me about a time when you had to make a point despite the opposition of others, etc.
Motivation question: why did you choose this role,
Additional: do you want to take part in our future leaders programme

Interview Question – Questions about Unilever: Why Unilever, who are our competitors, what makes us special, how doe sthe R&D section interact with the other sections of the company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Liverpool, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Question – "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Leatherhead, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details Online application
Telephone interview
Online numerical and verbal tests
Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details Interviewed through campus recruiting. People were nice and very positive

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you encounted conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Global Brand Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details Usually for low levels there is a full assessment process involving multiple candidates (4 or +) and assessors (4). For more experienced people it is the usual multiple interviews with directs and indirects (HR) future co-workers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions per se, apart from competencies for immediate job success, the interviews/assessments objective is mostly for checking if the candidate will fit well form a behavioral and cultural perpective.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard conditions as entry level marketer.

Supply Chain Summer Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in March 2014.

Interview Details Online application (includes 7 competency questions)-->A 20-minute phone interview-->A half-day assessment center which contains one-to-one interview, group case study and individual case study. The case study was the hardest part. It included 3 sub-cases and lots of reading material and we were given 45 minutes to come up with solutions to the 3 cases. It was not department-specific. I applied for supply chain but received cases related to marketing as well.

Interview Question – Have you been a role model for others? Explain.   View Answer

Customer Development Interview

Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Interview Details 4 rounds. 1st - application, numerical test.
2nd - interview on skype

weakness?
a situation question.
  Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details applied through the career fair at my school, was contacted about a month later for an interview. pretty standard interview, nothing surprising.

Interview Question – what will the biggest challenge for you be when you come into the working world   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2012.

Interview Details You need to submit your resumes to the HR in charge. Next, they will call you via phone for the interview. Then, they will interview you with a set of questions. Once they like you and you are fit, they will hire you on the spot and call you afterwards for confirmation. otherwise, they will call you if you got the job

Interview Question – These are the skills you need to have, if you have them, how wel do you think you can carry it out?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Unilever