Unilever

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I had a telephonic interview. It was a behavioral interview with competency based questions.
Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it ? Why Unilever ? What are you looking for in your career at this moment ? Give an example of a situation where you had to show discretion ? an other questions on various situations.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you had to show discretion ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Spring Week Interview

Spring Week
Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview Details Interview was fine. I answered the questions well and was one of the first to be interviewed. There was an echo and the guy seemed really tired. Quite uncomfortable. I got no offer and the feedback was basically a copy if the answers I gave, no actual improvements.

Operations Lead Interview

Operations Lead
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2013.

Interview Details I had a very similar experience as another interviewee who has already posted the feedback here. The process itself was very specific - behavioral assessment, examples of previous experience when you had to deal with a particular situation, case studies or case examples and long discussions around these, finance related questions (review your stuff before you show up). I had a total of 5 interviews spread over 4-5 weeks and received an offer. However, my impression of the company for this specific area was rather poor - disorganized, uncoordinated, unclear on who is expecting what, team members seems to have little connectivity with one another or visibility over who does what. The team leader does not seem to spend a lot of time on site and staff management was rather loose. I also had a lot of questions about the long term strategy of the group and how it intends to develop in the future, how are the business performance contracts put together, KPIs established, work assigned and managed, resources allocated, etc - at the end of these discussions, I really wondered how long this set-up will continue running as is. Overall work-life balance for the team was distressing to see and this is partially a reflection of inadequate organization/planning and perhaps questionable staffing/resourcing strategy. None of the people could join the interviews on time and some were excessively late. All in all, very surprising for an FMCG and once again, reminded me that nothing is at it seems at first glance...

Interview Question – Case studies specific, as per other feedback on site.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Following so many conversations, I felt that there was no clear operational plan for the function nor was the current mode of operandi sustainable in the long term. Also did not like the fact that the people seemed genuinely ragged and exhausted - working hard is important, but everything should be in balance (this I thought largely comes from limited organization and lack of clarify on reporting lines and accountabilities.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Unilever

Interview Details Telephone interview was by lady from HR and took about 30 mins.
She asked all typical compentancy questions such as examples of teamwork, conflict, communication skills
Then why I wanted to work for Unilever and how I would fit in.
Next she wanted to know a current economical factor and to explain the impact on the industry and unilever.

Interview Question – Give a current economical factor and explain the impact on the industry and unilever.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details online application. 30 minute telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How does the Human Resources role at Unilever affect our other functions such as finance and marketing   Answer Question

R&D Summer Intern Interview

R&D Summer Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I was applying for the R&D Summer Intern placement in the UK for Unilever.
Format: competency queestions, motivation questions, questions about Unilever.
Competency questions: tell me about a time when you offered a good solution, tell me about a time when you had to make a point despite the opposition of others, etc.
Motivation question: why did you choose this role,
Additional: do you want to take part in our future leaders programme

Interview Question – Questions about Unilever: Why Unilever, who are our competitors, what makes us special, how doe sthe R&D section interact with the other sections of the company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Liverpool, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Question – "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Leatherhead, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details Online application
Telephone interview
Online numerical and verbal tests
Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Associate Finance Manager
Englewood, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by all day interviews in Englewood cliffs. The phone interview was after I applied through my university's job board. I interviewed w two alums from my school, so that helped establish a cordial atmosphere. The questions were not difficult, mostly personality type.

Interview Question – The questions were not technical at all. Very few finance-y questions. Most of the questions were about teamwork--they really want to gauge how well you work w others.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I applied online and process took three days for telephone interview
HR phone call ( to check interests in this position only and available dates for technical phone interview)
Hiring manager phone call ( to know about background)
On site interview : Presentation( based on my previous project works) and one to one interview

Interview Question – Why you are here   Answer Question