Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever.

I had a telephonic interview. It was a behavioral interview with competency based questions.
    Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it ? Why Unilever ? What are you looking for in your career at this moment ? Give an example of a situation where you had to show discretion ? an other questions on various situations.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to show discretion ?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview was fine. I answered the questions well and was one of the first to be interviewed. There was an echo and the guy seemed really tired. Quite uncomfortable. I got no offer and the feedback was basically a copy if the answers I gave, no actual improvements.

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2013.

I had a very similar experience as another interviewee who has already posted the feedback here. The process itself was very specific - behavioral assessment, examples of previous experience when you had to deal with a particular situation, case studies or case examples and long discussions around these, finance related questions (review your stuff before you show up). I had a total of 5 interviews spread over 4-5 weeks and received an offer. However, my impression of the company for this specific area was rather poor - disorganized, uncoordinated, unclear on who is expecting what, team members seems to have little connectivity with one another or visibility over who does what. The team leader does not seem to spend a lot of time on site and staff management was rather loose. I also had a lot of questions about the long term strategy of the group and how it intends to develop in the future, how are the business performance contracts put together, KPIs established, work assigned and managed, resources allocated, etc - at the end of these discussions, I really wondered how long this set-up will continue running as is. Overall work-life balance for the team was distressing to see and this is partially a reflection of inadequate organization/planning and perhaps questionable staffing/resourcing strategy. None of the people could join the interviews on time and some were excessively late. All in all, very surprising for an FMCG and once again, reminded me that nothing is at it seems at first glance...

Interview Questions

Following so many conversations, I felt that there was no clear operational plan for the function nor was the current mode of operandi sustainable in the long term. Also did not like the fact that the people seemed genuinely ragged and exhausted - working hard is important, but everything should be in balance (this I thought largely comes from limited organization and lack of clarify on reporting lines and accountabilities.

Financial Analyst Interview

Telephone interview was by lady from HR and took about 30 mins.
    She asked all typical compentancy questions such as examples of teamwork, conflict, communication skills
    Then why I wanted to work for Unilever and how I would fit in.
    Next she wanted to know a current economical factor and to explain the impact on the industry and unilever.

Interview Questions
    • Give a current economical factor and explain the impact on the industry and unilever.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever.

online application. 30 minute telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • How does the Human Resources role at Unilever affect our other functions such as finance and marketing   Answer Question

R&D Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

I was applying for the R&D Summer Intern placement in the UK for Unilever.
    Format: competency queestions, motivation questions, questions about Unilever.
    Competency questions: tell me about a time when you offered a good solution, tell me about a time when you had to make a point despite the opposition of others, etc.
    Motivation question: why did you choose this role,
    Additional: do you want to take part in our future leaders programme

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Unilever: Why Unilever, who are our competitors, what makes us special, how doe sthe R&D section interact with the other sections of the company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liverpool, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

The interview was hard, having prepared as much as possible. Many, many, competency questions were asked. It lasted about 20 minutes of continuous questions.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a situation where you have had to make a sudden decision, with no support from team members"   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leatherhead, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leatherhead, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Online application
    Telephone interview
    Online numerical and verbal tests
    Assessment centre (including senior manager/leader interview)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you managed an end-to-end supply chain   Answer Question
    Negotiate if you are a direct entry candidate. No negotiation for graduates.

Global Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

There were 3 steps to the process - one phone interview with the HR, one interview with the hiring manager, and one interview with the director. In addition to that, you may be asked to do up a proposal for them if you lack in a certain skill.

The HR will email you first to arrange a phone interview. Please be in a quiet location for that.

Please do not be late for any physical interviews. It is a good idea to be prepared with any presentations that showcase your relevant skills, whether in a portfolio or displayed digitally. Having contacts inside Unilever helps a lot as well as they can give you more advice.

Everything is done professionally in a relaxed environment, with the HR being very prompt in follow-ups.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time where you anticipated a customer's needs and carried it out.   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself at the end of your career?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in January 2010.

1st step: Online test
    2nd step: one on one interview
    third step: Assessment center of about 7 people

for the online test practice GMAT, and other online aptitude tests. One one one interview looks to check your fit for the role, spoken English, confidence normally done by a consulting company.
    Assessment center has about 7 or 8 people, it has about 2 group work exercises, 1 case study and then a one on one interview normally grueling, takes a whole day normally 8am to 8pm this is to check energy levels of participants so you must not look tired at any point in time.

Interview Questions
    Entry level salary was fixed