Unisys Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.7

Android Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unisys (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Two telephone interviews - barely technical but was working in Android at the time for a large company. One face-to-face with hiring Manager. One Meeting the team.

Very technical guys within the team. You can't fool them. Not that I dared to try.

Know Android inside out, they'll ask everything.

Interview Questions

• Intricacies of Android IPC. Expect to know low level Binder stuff as starter!   1 Answer

Salary.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Unisys (London, England) in October 2009.

Interview

Process started with contact from recruiter, 3 telephone interviews, one HR/hiring manager joint interview then final telephone interview (US). First two interviews were just initial 'getting to know you' but third telephone interview lasted 3 hours! But all good questions, just extremely thorough and if you know your job then should be no problem.

Interview Questions

• What was most unexpected was the length of the third interview. Covered a lot of different areas including real world project experience, methods and frameworks, business and technology. Might be an idea to have some references open on your computer as reminders (ITIL, Prince2, TOGAF). But this will only work as reminders. They were all good questions though and nothing to intentionally catch you out. They just wanted to check you knew your subject.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys in January 2007.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Candidate selection process consist of three rounds, starting with communication, technical and HR round. The process normally takes longer than expected from MNC company.
    There is interview panel for each round expect final

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

I landed the interview through a career fair. The employer was looking for someone with networking and security skills. The employer reviewed my resume and asked me some screening questions and after that I landed the interview. The interview was schedule for the next day. The interview took place in the university itself.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Unisys (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

first round the written test...containing java and c questions...shortlisted candidates faced the technical case studt test...wher a technicAL questions is asked and have to write algorithm,assumptions,program,ways of solving...then interview on this case study...then shortlisted candidates called for final discussion round in company office....

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation in your life....how you faced   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Did not have a formal, in-person interview. I was interviewed over the phone. It was somewhat casual and informal, almost like having a conversation, more than discussing my experience. I think they already knew they wanted to hire me because I was referred by a friend.

Interview Questions

• Will you accept this salary with the understanding that it will go up next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Information Systems Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

This was a program for new graduates from school. All candidates must first to complete a written test, a bit similar to IQ test. Then the selected candidates were arranged to have face-to-face interview with hiring managers. Since the candidates were new graduates the questions were more towards testing the capability and potential of the candidates, rather than knowledge. I believe the process was well designed and the facts proved that the candidates hired from this process have all become highly successful professionals in the field.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and three engineers each individually. I don't remember the questions, but I liked the interview because the people I met with seemed curious and interested in what I do/did and were very open about the work that they did. And there weren't any tests to prove that I knew stuff, or technical questions, which I don't like.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any surprise quiz questions. Like, how do you repair x, or what do you do if Y?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The online application asks for salary.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and the following Monday received an email from a recruiter. We discussed my resume, why I was leaving my current job, and was given a more detail about the job. The recruiter sent my resume to the hiring manager and the next day was scheduled for a phone interview that Thursday. The interview went very well and within 10 minutes of ending the call I received a response from the recruiter saying that she just spoke to the hiring manager and she wanted to schedule a second schedule (interview as soon as the interview was over) with her and her team for the following Monday. 2 hours after the second interview received a call from the recruiter stating that I was being offered the position. Everyone has made this a comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions around experience, What would be your priority during our first days on the job, many questions around quality and how I would address situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial discussion with recruiter regarding salary. Recruiter informed me of range and I advised of desired salary. Recruiter sent along with resume. When offer was extended recruiter informed it was for the desired amount. No negotiation needed