Unisys

2.7

Android Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unisys in January 2014.

Two telephone interviews - barely technical but was working in Android at the time for a large company. One face-to-face with hiring Manager. One Meeting the team.

Very technical guys within the team. You can't fool them. Not that I dared to try.

Know Android inside out, they'll ask everything.

Interview Questions
    • Intricacies of Android IPC. Expect to know low level Binder stuff as starter!   View Answer

Salary.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Unisys in October 2009.

Process started with contact from recruiter, 3 telephone interviews, one HR/hiring manager joint interview then final telephone interview (US). First two interviews were just initial 'getting to know you' but third telephone interview lasted 3 hours! But all good questions, just extremely thorough and if you know your job then should be no problem.

Interview Questions
    • What was most unexpected was the length of the third interview. Covered a lot of different areas including real world project experience, methods and frameworks, business and technology. Might be an idea to have some references open on your computer as reminders (ITIL, Prince2, TOGAF). But this will only work as reminders. They were all good questions though and nothing to intentionally catch you out. They just wanted to check you knew your subject.   Answer Question

Development Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys in January 2007.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

I met with the hiring manager and three engineers each individually. I don't remember the questions, but I liked the interview because the people I met with seemed curious and interested in what I do/did and were very open about the work that they did. And there weren't any tests to prove that I knew stuff, or technical questions, which I don't like.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any surprise quiz questions. Like, how do you repair x, or what do you do if Y?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. The online application asks for salary.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

I applied online on a Friday and the following Monday received an email from a recruiter. We discussed my resume, why I was leaving my current job, and was given a more detail about the job. The recruiter sent my resume to the hiring manager and the next day was scheduled for a phone interview that Thursday. The interview went very well and within 10 minutes of ending the call I received a response from the recruiter saying that she just spoke to the hiring manager and she wanted to schedule a second schedule (interview as soon as the interview was over) with her and her team for the following Monday. 2 hours after the second interview received a call from the recruiter stating that I was being offered the position. Everyone has made this a comfortable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around experience, What would be your priority during our first days on the job, many questions around quality and how I would address situations.   Answer Question
    Initial discussion with recruiter regarding salary. Recruiter informed me of range and I advised of desired salary. Recruiter sent along with resume. When offer was extended recruiter informed it was for the desired amount. No negotiation needed

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Unisys.

multiple round of interviews, took the interview as per the scheduled time.They make the candidate comfortable first before starting the interview process.Interview process is very quick they completed all rounds in a single day.

Interview Questions
    It was as much as i asked

Systems Analyst IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unisys.

Have two round of interviews, that includes technical and managerial level at an interval of around 10 days. Both the interviews are really easy and anyone can crack it if having a basic knowledge. They emphasis more on the will of candidate rather than skills. 2 days after having managerial round I got a call from HR representative regarding basic details and salary negotiation. I just asked for 30% hike on my current CTC by what I offer was lesser that I am drawing now. To make piece they have offered a joining bonus.

Interview Questions

Offered very low compensation even lower than what I am drawing now from my current employer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unisys.

There was an online aptitude round consisting of some technical questions, verbal aptitude and an essay. The next 2 rounds were technical interviews where we had to write an algorithm for a problem which later would be reviewed in the interview. The interviews were pretty simple. But as there was no HR round in this, the position we were being interviewed for was not clear. Also there was a bond for 18 months worth INR 100,000. I would recommend to know clearly about the position being offered and any other issues such as bond before attending the interview. Because chances of you being hired against your will is high here!

Interview Questions

I made it clear that I wasn't interested in the position after knowing about the bond and uncertainity of the position being offered and the person interviewing obliged to listen to me. But once the results were announced, I was amongst the selects. As I wasn't interested and had told it beforehand, I rejected the offer. And after all this, the company person mailed the college placement officer that I had intentionally rejected the offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unisys.

Worked through a recruiter for interview. Recruiter did a great job of polishing up my resume and preparing it for the interview. The interview process went very smoothly, answering the questions from the interviewees (3 in all) thoroughly with examples from my previous experiences; however, hiring manager read my shortcomings like an open book: commuting distance was going to be my major hurdle, over 2 hour one-way.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to commute to work from where you are at?   View Answer

It was a contract-to-hire position with an 18 month duration. Moreover, the position required a lot of overtime, which maybe a little inconvenient since the commute between work and home was over 2-hours one-way.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Unisys.

it was very much short & its not for btech passed guys..they are more interested in Non Btech students..i mean thats just my opinion whatever i felt.A jam round as usual,then Face to face Hr with technical questions

Interview Questions
    • nothin much difficult..it seemed easy.just it includes bond of 21 months..which is unacceptable   Answer Question