UnitedHealth Group

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

2.8

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I completed the online application and received a link to complete a behavioral assessment in the same day. About one week or two later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview. I was given the option to interview by phone or face to face. The recruiter immediately asked my current salary, which I was totally uncomfortable with. I didn't provide a dollar about, but I asked if the starting salary was negotiable. I was told there's little room for negotiation and continued the interview. I was contacted about one week later asking for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. That interview was more focused on behavioral skills & experience and he also stressed that the starting salary was low. I see this position add an opportunity to get a supervisory position, so when I was contacted two days after my 2nd interview, I accepted the position. The environment seemed very relaxed, the receptionist was down to earth and helpful....and it was extremely quiet for a call center. I'm interested to see how quickly I'm able to grasp the information and move off of the phones because that's what I'm not looking forward to, although I was told that this dept does NOT have "talk time", so calls are not timed.

Interview Questions
    • 1.tell me about a time when you had to handle an irate caller.(behavioral)
      2. tell me about a time when you offered an improvement and was it implemented? (used to determine innovative skills).
      3.where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? (determining my goals and if I'll be an asset to the company in the long run)

Answer Question
    I was initially offered a higher salary than the starting pay that was discussed upon my first contact with the recruiter; however, I still negotiated but was denied my negotiated salary.

Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The process took 4 weeks. Did application on line. Later received an email to take assessment. About a week later. Received another email for phone interview. After phone interview about 3 hours later received call to set up face to face the next day. Interviewers were very welcoming. Interview consisted of a lot of behavioral questions. Now I'm waiting to hear something back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to work in a group and what did you contribute.   Answer Question

SE Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Hiring process is not streamlined at all. They will schedule the call but at call timings HR person will not open the bridge. It happened with me twice. Extremely slow hiring process. No communication from HR on rescheduling or cancellation of calls No value of employees time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question
    I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

it was during campus recruitment season where interviewers came to campus to conduct interviews. at the time it seemed like a ton of potential candidates for just few summer internship opportunities. those who made the cut were asked to come out to the main office location for an on-site interview the following week.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

initial screen with HR was fine, then interviewed with RVP, great questions overall. the position included developing staff, sales and other markets. liked the process, everyone got back when they said they would the process was very fluid and negotiations went well. Benefits are great including the stock purchase plan. take advantage of it and the 401k which adds up pretty quickly.

yes, able to increase pay by 20%

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Got a call for face 2 face. They took two rounds of Technical Interview. The interviewer was really impressed as he was looking for keywords rather than bookish answers. At the end, HR informed me that I have been selected and they will call/mail me. But, they never did. It has been more than a month since then.

Medical Coding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

i have attended the interview for medical coding analyst. the interview was pretty easy.. there was no hr round as such.. the hr was cool .he just asked me questions to test my medical knowledge, anatomy and physiology .. he emphasized on medical terminologies. you need to let them know if you are okay with night shifts. you can say no if you are not comfortable.

the ctc was very less

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring process with UHG is rigorous. It is imperative you apply for a position that best matches your skills and qualifications, as the recruiters take great measures in finding appropriate talent for available positions. I started off the application process by applying online. I took the assessment that consisted of a simulator type system that involved a role playing process of the position. You take a few inbound calls, perform data entry while listening to the caller, and choosing (multiple choice) solutions to their questions. About a week after I applied, I received an invitation to complete a Digital Interview that is conducted through a company called HireVue. This was a first for me, and I found it very interesting. It consists of 3 behavioral type questions in which you are given 30 seconds to think of your response, and 3 minutes to answer the question. Before you begin, it will give you plenty of practice questions so you may feel comfortable when the real deal begins. Remember, the recruiters can share this with as many people as they would like. Be professional, smile, do NOT look at yourself talking. Keep eye contact with the camera. Just be YOU! Once I completed my digital interview, 2 days later I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a telephone interview. It lasted for about 45 minutes.In the telephone interview, you will discuss your professional background and what you are looking for within the company. You will be asked numerous behavioral questions. My best advice to you is to be prepared for anything. Know why you want to be a part of UHG. Read up on their culture values, mission..It will definitely benefit you and show the recruiter that you have done your homework. At the end of my telephone interview, the recruiter stated she was going to move my application forward in the hiring process, and I would soon be hearing from the hiring manager to set up a face to face. After about a week, I finally heard from the recruiter asking when I would be available for face to face. I received my face to face interview on Thursday, Sept. 18th. The hiring manager brought in a laptop in which she recorded my responses. We talked about previous employment, my skills and qualifications, what I could bring to UHG, what set me aside from other candidates, WHY UHG, along with going over the position and what it entailed. The interview took about 45 minutes to complete. She was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable while being in "the hot seat". I want to applaud UHG for being so professional and compassionate through this process. I must admit, there were plenty of times I became discouraged, as the process seems to take forever. Especially when you really, really want the job! Just be patient. Great things come to those who wait. Be sure to utilize the resources available to you such as the UHG career website including your job page, reach out to HR Direct for any questions, and also the Live Recruiter Chat. Also be sure to check all of your e-mail folders as some can get caught in the Junk Mail file. The recruiters are more than happy to help you and can usually give some good insight as to where you are in the hiring process. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex to a customer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped an irate customer and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you achieved something great in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a part of UHG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a stranger. Why did you do it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. The offer was more than I was expecting it to be! Definitely a plus!

Claims Representative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2015.

First step was interview with a recruiter and then another one and then face to face. It went great! The rate as good. It was 1 on 1 so I wasn't nervous at all. I start training soon.

None. Rate was perfect.