University of Alberta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Lab Proctor Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Alberta in August 2012.

Interview Details The questions include:
Briefly introduce yourself? What makes you fit this position? How much do you know this position? Will you be able to work in the evenings and weekends? Will you like teamwork? Do you have any related working experience? Do you have any concern about this job? Which personality do you like and why?

Interview Question – What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details I do not have any information about hiring.

Interview Question – I did not notice a difficult question.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details Initially communicated with a professor whose work I was very interested in.
He ended up finding me a position using some of the budget money to work as a researcher and programmer for one of his research groups.
The interview was one on-site interview where I was asked a few technical questions in a room with the professor and two senior developers for a similar research group.
I was offered the job right after.

Interview Question – Questions were not particularly difficult, the interviewers were focused on the problem solving process predominantly.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta in October 2009.

Interview Details Be honest about expectations and abilities

Bio Statistician Interview

Interviewed at University of Alberta

Interview Details They will give you an interview very soon. Most quesions are about the behaviour quesions. For the technique quesions, they just focus on the projects they did.

Interview Question – What's the salary do you expected?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2009.

Interview Details Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.

Interview Question – What is your research interests?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied through other source and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Interview Question – Really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2012.

Interview Details I had a one-day interview. I did a presentation for about an hour in the morning. about 20 people attended the talk. Had lunch with the department head and dinner with some other faculty members. The overall interview experience was quite pleasant.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Interview Question – No questions, no interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Alberta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Alberta interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of Alberta employees and interview candidates.