University of Missouri

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details First emailed the director of football operations to set up the meeting with one of the graduate assistants. When it came time for the interview, I went up to the facility and sat with the GA for about 15 minutes while he explained the job and asked me questions.

Interview Question – How will you be able to handle working here and staying committed to your education   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Advisor
Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in April 2010.

Interview Details I hade three interviews. The first one was a phone interview where they asked me to talk about my experiences. The second one was a in person interview with my supervisor and she asked me behavioral question. The third was the final one with the Dean and he asked how I and students will benefit from hiring me.

Interview Question – If a student came in and said they wanted to drop out of school, how would you address the situation.   Answer Question

Media Relations Asitant Interview

Media Relations Asitant

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details Application submitted then I waited for about a week and I recieved a phone call asking to come into their office for an interview. it was a one on one in person interview, wa very informal but the interviewer was a great guy and made you feel comfortable working there.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Question – Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Interview Details you have to undergo GTA workshop

Interview Question – Make a 10mins presentation of whatever topic you choose to teach   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant

I applied in-person and interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details I was assigned as a teaching assistant when I was accepted the offer.

Interview Question – The assistantship is not guaranteed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviewed at University of Missouri

Interview Details At the very beginning, I was told that I need to find an assistantship by myself. Then, I was told that I would have 0.25 assistantship working as a graduate teaching assistant.

Interview Question – Since I was assigned as a graduate teaching assistant, it was hard for me to answer this question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at University of Missouri.

Interview Details In math department, since they need lots of people to teach, you basically just need to show them that you have the ability to teach. There are basically just one part in the interview process: mini teaching demo. You need to prepare for a 10 to 15 mins presentation for college algebra level material. You don't have to finish all the stuff they give you (they will email you the material 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.) just go as slow and as detailed as possible.

Interview Question – Not so much. Just pretend you are a good elementary school teacher   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Retail Assistant
University City, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in October 2013.

Interview Details ask me couple of questions about customer services and do some math problems with calculator

Interview Question – What you will do if some customers are complaining?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor/Student Staff Interview

Peer Advisor/Student Staff
Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in February 2013.

Interview Details Apply online, then you go through a candidate class where you learn about the position with other candidates, you then will interview with a hall coordinator and a student staff member.

Interview Question – What educational interaction would you implement in your community?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Missouri

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!