University of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2015

2.7

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

It was an on campus job, so questions were basic like they asked me about my past work experience, technologies used, business process, algorithms, MVC based architecture, course work.
    They also gave me a piece of paper and asked me to join 9 dots using 4 straight lines without lifting your hand.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

At least in my program you are hired to work with a specific person, so your match with them is vital, and how well you fit into the larger program or get along with other advisors is secondary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations possible

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Media Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Started out working temp. Found the job initially by looking in the local college paper for openings. Looking at university temping agency will work too. Likely a permanent position will open for you soon after. Permanent position openings can be found at UNC HR website. The permanent hire process can take three or four months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty quick, simply interview about previous experience with audio/video. Permanent position interviews will ask standard interview questions and also technical troubleshooting scenarios and how you handle them. Eg. What would you do if you if the projector in the classroom wasn't showing video?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set according to position (government banding)

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

Negotiation

I would like to work

Conference Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina in March 2014.

Interview

Process for applying for this job is online, interview takes place in a large room with others occurring simultaneously. The interviewer asks several questions about your relevant experience and what you would do in certain situations. Based on the success of your interview, you are given a varying position in the UNC Housing department over the summer. The Conference Adviser is a position that is more behind the scenes than others, involving management of building problems, responding to camp requests and doing inventories of supplies among other things.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a camp member got separated from their group and needed to find them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable but provided an adequate amount of benefits

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Interview

I was offered the teaching position as part of my graduate student package when I applied for graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I first received an email expressing interest in my academic credentials from my potential adviser, which was followed by a 40-minute phone interview with the same person about a week later. We had a professional albeit pleasant conversation discussing my reasons for going to graduate school. After the phone interview I was told that he would need to discuss the results with other members of the hiring committee. After about one more week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for wanting to go to graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill.   Answer Question