Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Pennsylvania
- Research Assistant (7)
- Research Specialist A (6)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Engineering (5)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (4)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (3)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3)
- Administrative Coordinator (3)
- Research Specialist B (3)
- Director (3)
- Research Associate (3)
- PhD Student (2)
- Research Specialist (2)
- Lab Assistant (2)
- Bio Statistician (2)
- Parking (1)
- University of Pennsylvania (1)
- Information Technology Advisor (1)
- IT Senior Project Leader (1)
- Administrative Assistant, Alumni Relations (1)
- Physician Ophthalmology (1)
- ESL Adjunct Lecturer (1)
- Information Interview (1)
- Communications, Development (1)
- Project Manager/Researcher/Analyst (1)
- Development & Alumni Relations Temp Employee (1)
- Registered Dietitian (1)
- Research Technician (1)
- Program Coordinator (1)
- Administrative Assistant B (1)
Research Specialist B Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania.
It took about two weeks for a hiring manager to make initial contact. It consisted of a panel interview. The panel seemed uninterested from the start. I was not offered an opportunity to ask questions about the position. I was practically pushed out of the door and a comment by the hiring interviewer stating that it would be a very long time before I heard from them because they are going through to motions of HR requirements about paperwork and performing a certain number of interviews needed for documentation (Perhaps they meant the affirmative action paperwork that makes them tally how many minorities they interview per job). Never heard from them again.
- No trick questions, they weren't interested from the start. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for University of Pennsylvania
Research Specialist B InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania in March 2013.
They often like to give med students or people that already work for Penn Medicine preference when it comes to final interviews. Therefore, it is helpful to know some one within the department.
- Describe all the steps of (xxxxx) protocol. People don't typically memorize trivial procedures Answer Question
Academia doesn't pay great but they have very attractive benefits.
Research Specialist B InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2012.
I applied online. After following up, I was contacted by the lab manager and came in to interview. I went through very laid back, informal 30 minute interviews with about 6 different members of the lab. The interviews were all very standard, no behavioral questions.
- Why do you want this job? Answer Question