University of Phoenix Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
214 interviews

2.8

Admissions Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Group interview where everyone is asked the same question around the table. Everyone gets to hear each others' answers. Prior to this there was a phone interview, but typically for most jobs at UOP, they do a mass hiring in groups.

Interview Questions
    I was told the pay and that it was non-negotiable, so I wasn't provided the opportunity to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a random call from a recruiter, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would suggest not answering the phone if a random number comes up and call back when you are ready. They will ask a lot of questions that would make more sense if you went through a training program. Prepare yourself by practicing scenarios in which you are retaining a student who wants to quit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you retain a student who decided that school was too hard and wanted to quit or take time off?   View Answer
    None, everyone is hired at the lowest base pay.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question
    Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

You will get a call unexpectedly, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would advise not answering and calling back when you are prepared. The face to face interview was easy, that really comes down to whether the interviewer likes you or not. Either way, if you can make it past the phone interview, you probably have a great shot at getting past the face to face.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who wanted to quit school after they received their first Pell Check disbursement?   View Answer

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2014.

Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Questions
    No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Academic Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of Phoenix in August 2012.

This position was easy enough to get an interview, but the interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Standard questions were asked about experience. As for the interview process, had I gotten past the first interview, there would have been a second interview with somebody actually from the company.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Enrollment Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   View Answer
    non, you take what they offer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!