University of Texas System

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Question – very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst Interview

PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed first on the phone and then in person. The phone interview was very basic but when I interviewed 1 on 1 the questions were a good bit more difficult. I didnt feel like I did all that well in the interview

Interview Question – They asked me about integration broker and I was not at the time very fluid with it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I accepeted

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Assistant Professor, Finance
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System in February 2014.

Interview Details They were two interviews one phone call and face -to face

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary to low

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Instructional Technology Specialist
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

Interview Details very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation Details – none

Research Analyst In Strategic Initiatives Interview

Research Analyst In Strategic Initiatives

I applied online and interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Interview Question – Put enough effort on the personal statement.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

Interview Details I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Question – No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

Interviewed at University of Texas System

Interview Details Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Interview Question – Who was a your favorite teacher growing up and why?   Answer Question

Worked for University of Texas System? Contribute to the Community!