University of Texas System

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Phone interview, then panel interview in person.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

Interview Details very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation Details – none

Research Analyst In Strategic Initiatives Interview

I applied online and interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Interview Question – Put enough effort on the personal statement.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

Interview Details I was an international student. I had a master of science in electrical engineering prior to joining UT Dallas. Basically, I sent my resume to the graduate office and after processing my application, they contacted me. I also contacted a professor in EE department to financially support me and he offer an assistantship.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Your resume will speak   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview Details Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.

Interview Question – No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard pay rates

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

Interviewed at University of Texas System

Interview Details Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.

Interview Question – Who was a your favorite teacher growing up and why?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application, was invited to come in for a skills test before being considered. Then I was called to come in for an interview with two interviewers. I did well, however didn't have the experience they were looking for. The individuals I met were pleasant and engaging. I will look forward to another opportunity - seemed like a place I'd like to work for.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than someone with more experience in accounting?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Texas System in November 2011.

Interview Details Phone screening then on campus visit. met 13 people including dean.

Interview Question – What do you plan to do to contribute to this dept. your first year.   View Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Richardson, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Texas System in March 2009.

Interview Details ask some behavior questions

Interview Question – what are you going to do after graduation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Texas System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Texas System interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of Texas System employees and interview candidates.