University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.6

Research Scientist III Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Washington.

Found this job through a person in common working there before.
    I had the experience to this job but it was much more simple of what I was doing before. It took me months to decide and take the job since I was trying to find a better option. Times are difficult and I had to take it or live on unemployment...
    Several meetings with the boss until deciding to take the job

Interview Questions
    • do you want this job? (it was a little bit down sizing to my expertise)   Answer Question

International Studies Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

Application: I applied online through the UW Hires website, immediately after which I received a confirmation email. However, it was over a month by the time I received a call to schedule an interview.

Interview: The interview was standard, they gave me a tour of the workspace, pointing out the various library stacks that I would work with and explained the expected responsibilities in great detail. They asked me to tell them about myself, and my past work experience and asked for specific examples in which I solved problems and overcame challenges.

Interview Questions
    • After an hour long interview they tested me on my transliteration skills.   View Answer

Accepted another offer.

Technology Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Washington.

Saw the listing on Huskyjobs. Only required resume but was followed up with an email for website samples to look at coding experience. Scheduled for a interview with the supervisor and assistant that I was replacing (since she was graduating). The interview lasted no more than half an hour and was very casual.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience explaining complicated technologies to not so technical savvie faculty & staff (some of which have English as their 2nd language)   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

straightforward, the process was very informal. The interviewer was reading from a preassembled questions. Typical questions. interview was with the assistant nurse manager so it I had to very detailed, articulate and precise so she can relay this to her boss.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a characteristics about you that you don't see but others do. Why is this ? And how do you bring it your advantage.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Washington.

professor-interview over Skype, where the professor asked about how I view his research and what I would like to do in future projects. Also asked about was the previous research experience.

Interview Questions
    • techniques used in prior research and techniques expected in future projects   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in July 2014.

Pretty standard interview questions. First was a phone screen, and then a couple days later an email for an invite to an in person interview. The in person lasted two hours, with the first hour being with three people in the office, then a couple one on one interviews. The questions were clear and nothing to throw you off.

Interview Questions
    • None. They had a sheet with general questions about experience and scenarios you have either had or will probably need to deal with.   Answer Question
    As others have stated, there is no negotiation process.

CLUE Tutor--physics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Washington.

After submitting a resume and cover letter, qualified applicants are contacted for an in-person interview. The 90-minute interview process has two stages. The first is a skills test, with which the prospective tutor demonstrates their ability to answer, or at least try to elucidate, physics questions that would typically be asked during a drop-in tutoring session. The second is a panel interview, with the current lead tutor (and incoming, if any), assistant director of ASP, and possibly the director. The panel interview has a typical interview portion ("describe a conflict you overcame..." etc), and a role-playing portion.

Interview Questions
    • The most interesting question I was asked during my own interview was about how to handle a student who regularly used profanity, violent language, and raised their voice when speaking to tutors. I gathered that this was not abstract, but an actual problem presented by a regular student. (Though, mercifully, this is not a typical problem at this tutoring center.)   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The minimum pay is set by a collective bargaining agreement, and in four years I never saw any instances of CLUE paying above the minimum. Hours are somewhat negotiable.

MA III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at University of Washington in June 2014.

From the time I submitted my resume to a face to face interview was about 3 weeks. I proceeded with a courtesy thank you e-mail and received a response for a group interview (2 weeks later) and was told they would get back with me. I have yet to hear back. This was a 6 week process. I then received a call from the HR department wanting to forward my resume to another department, I told her that I was still waiting to hear from the previous department. She was going to contact them to see if I was a candidate & get back with me.Still waiting (3 months) & this morning I reviewed a pre employment questionare, followed by a personal email from a college at a different department offering to accept my resume.
    The Process Takes Too long

Interview Questions
    • Are you the kind of person that if you have a case load and another coworker has a heavier load would you help them ? ?   View Answer

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington.

I applied for the position online, at which point my resume was forwarded to the department and then I was contacted for an interview via email. I was not given an email update when my resume status changed, though it was updated on the UW job website.

The interview itself wasn't bad, though I was underqualified for the position and it showed. I found the interview panel (three people) to be professional and friendly. The questions were mostly related to the job, but they also tried to get to know me as well. It was a pleasant experience even though I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle working with and assisting people who have more experience than you?   Answer Question

GIS Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington.

Two 5-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    No flexibility on salary.