University of Waterloo

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-op Alumni Advancement Assistant Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2013.

Interview Details One half hour interview in-person with supervisor, followed by a 10 minute Excel proficiency test.

Interview Question – Personality/Problem-solving questions   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at University of Waterloo

Interview Details Just need to make sure you know the professor well, there is no interview needed. However you need a good academic record.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work as a grad student.   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in August 2010.

Interview Details There will be one I interview before the hiring and it is mostly luck of the draw. There is a lot of internal promotion and external recruiting.

Interview Question – How do you resolve a conflict between two people if you do not understand the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at University of Waterloo

Interview Details just basic questions and my personal preference

Interview Question – run tutorial or not   Answer Question

Special Projects Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details Through jobmine, the process was fairly easy where the interview time, location and everything was set through the system. The interview process was simple where the supervisor would ask the standard questions, what made you apply, what you are looking for from the experience, etc. Be fully prepared and everything will go smoothly

Interview Question – Are you funny?   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Question – Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Events and Outreach Associate Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2011.

Interview Details Very friendly interview, one interview and will be chosen through Jobmine.
Constant email communication between supervisor before and after interview.

Interview Question – Tell us when you had to negotiate tasks under a stressful situation and tell us how and why you handled it that way.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Email back and forth and visiting. Very casual and informal.

Very Easy Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview Details Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors.
interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Question – Why do you want to Waterloo   View Answer

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details Very straight forward. I was interviewed by a professor. Questions about academic and any extracurricular activities I was involved in.

Interview Question – What part of your professional life as a student would you change and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview Details Online application-> possible interview -> department comity acceptance

Interview Question – number of publication in ISI journals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Waterloo interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews are posted anonymously by University of Waterloo employees and interview candidates.