University of Waterloo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
22 interviews

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Questions
    If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Instructional Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2012.

I saw the posting on their website and then I applied through email and received a response back from the interviewer with information about where to go for my interview a week later. I met with 3 people for the interview which lasted about 1 hour. I then heard back a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle upset professors or lecturers when it comes to creating their content?   Answer Question

PhD Researcher Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

The selection was based on committee decision, past achievements in the field, GRE general and GRE subject scores as well as TOEFL scores. The results were announced within approximately four months of the application. After the acceptance, I took around 4-5 months to start my PhD program

Residence Life Don Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Apply to their website and receive a response a week after the submission deadline.

Interview Questions
    • Just be positive and show that you love helping people. Also come up with ideas for future events you would like to hold.   Answer Question

Co-op Alumni Advancement Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo in October 2013.

One half hour interview in-person with supervisor, followed by a 10 minute Excel proficiency test.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Just need to make sure you know the professor well, there is no interview needed. However you need a good academic record.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as a grad student.   View Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of Waterloo in August 2010.

There will be one I interview before the hiring and it is mostly luck of the draw. There is a lot of internal promotion and external recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolve a conflict between two people if you do not understand the problem.   Answer Question
    None

Teaching Assistant Interview

just basic questions and my personal preference

Special Projects Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Through jobmine, the process was fairly easy where the interview time, location and everything was set through the system. The interview process was simple where the supervisor would ask the standard questions, what made you apply, what you are looking for from the experience, etc. Be fully prepared and everything will go smoothly

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!