Urban Outfitters Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2014.

Handed CV into the store, was called the next day to attend a group interview.
    Interview was very straight forward and relaxed, and it the manager + store manager conducting the interview.
    The whole process took around 20 minutes.
    They asked me questions like:
    Who/what influences your sense of fashion?
    Describe a time where you received or gave excellent customer service.

Interview Questions
    • If you could spend £300 on items in store, what would they be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2014.

I left my CV in the store near Oxford Circus and received a call with an invitation to come in for a group interview. I was asked to bring something that would tell something about me and come up with 4-5 sentences why I chose this particular thing. None of us in the group was actually asked about the thing we have brought - some people have taken huge sketchbooks just for nothing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you take to a lonely island with you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2013.

Received an email saying I had an interview at UO 2 days before the interview. Was v excited as at the time it was my favourite shop ad always loved going in. Email said to bring in an item I felt described me, and be prepared to talk about it for at least 5 minutes. Turned up to interview, was situated on the shop floor whilst customers were in and it was a group interview - i wasnt informed of that in the email so instantly felt intimidated. Felt like the other candidates kept going on about their experience with art and their "art degrees" yet had no retail experience at all - i think it was more a personality test rather than an interview for a sales job - very disappointed at the way UO select staff. Didnt hear anything back from them at all.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in one word what you could bring to Urban Outfitters if you worked here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2009.

Gave in my CV to one of the managers and after scanning my resume, they instantly told me there was a group interview the next day. The interview consisted of 2 interviewers and 5 prospective candidates for a few positions within the store.

Anonymous Employee  in  Leeds, England
    Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2013.

I sent off my cv and cover letter to the email and got a call within a few days to arrange an interview. I went down and of course it was a group interview with about 9 of us and 2 managers in a room. We were asked to introduce ourselves and then fill out a form with our details and availability on. Then we were asked 4 questions
    - if you could be an animal what would you be and why
    - what is your claim to fame
    - if we gave you £100 in store what would you spend it on
    - what has been your best job
    I was expecting it too be more formal, they just told us to shout out whenever we had an answer and the questions were unexpected too. I guess they wanted to see what our personalities were like. After a few days of the interview I got a call saying I didn't get it but they will keep my cv on file if anything else comes up in the future.

Interview Questions
    • if you could be an animal what would you be and why   View Answer

Direct Distribution Campus Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rushden, East of England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Rushden, East of England, England

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2011.

Very informal but infomative. Great business culture

Interview Questions

Better offer elsewhere, but it was close

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2009.

More casual than I expected--as it was quite a junior role (but still very competitive) I was expected to display depth of knowledge and understanding of the brand, past achievements and future aspirations in addition to skills and experience required at past work placements.

Interview Questions
    • What are you thoughts on our arrival in the UK? (testing brand perceptions)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about our customer   View Answer
    no negotiation--most people I went to uni with are still looking for jobs. I felt fortunate to land an interview, let alone a job! Although I tried negotiating salary but I think they could sense my desperation and didn't budge.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2014.

First I applied online. They asked pretty simple questions. Next they had me do a questionnaire with a few tricky questions. They called me in a couple of days later for an interview. It was about 5 of us.
    Some questions they asked were
    -Why do you want to work for Urban?
    -What celeb do you look to for fashion inspiration?
    -How do you deal with customers?
    -What was your experience before at your previous job?
    -If money was no object what would you buy at Urban?
    After that interview I got a call a week later asking for a second interview with the store manager. There were only 3 of us this time. She basically asked the same questions. Then I got a call the same day offering me the position for 8.45 and hour. I accepted.

non negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2014.

I have a friend who works in the call center and put in a good word for me with the hiring manager. She sent me a link to fill out an online application and a few days later I received an email with a date to come in for an interview.
    The actual job fair interview process was a little different than what I am used to. They told us to come any time between 9 and 12, but on a first come first served basis. I showed up a few minutes before 9 and there were about five other people waiting. They called us back one by one and interviewed us for about ten minutes.
    I received an email about a week later notifying me of my hire and further instructions (reading employee policies, filling out W-4, etc.). I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself."
      Why this was a difficult question: It's the icebreaker question at every interview. I have been in countless job interviews and this one still manages to throw me for a loop.
        View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2013.

I applied online and received an email inviting me to a group interview. It was relaxed and they ask typical job interview questions, and personal style questions. I received a call back interview and came back for a one on one interview with basically the same questions. It was pretty laid back and they didn't seem too concerned with experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how you would deal with a customer who you caught stealing.   Answer Question

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!