Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

314 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2013.

I sent off my cv and cover letter to the email and got a call within a few days to arrange an interview. I went down and of course it was a group interview with about 9 of us and 2 managers in a room. We were asked to introduce ourselves and then fill out a form with our details and availability on. Then we were asked 4 questions
- if you could be an animal what would you be and why
- what is your claim to fame
- if we gave you £100 in store what would you spend it on
- what has been your best job
I was expecting it too be more formal, they just told us to shout out whenever we had an answer and the questions were unexpected too. I guess they wanted to see what our personalities were like. After a few days of the interview I got a call saying I didn't get it but they will keep my cv on file if anything else comes up in the future.

Interview Questions
  • if you could be an animal what would you be and why   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

sent in application got a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview. pretty standard group interview. went around in a circle and answered basic questions. after the interview they gave us a card to fill out online asking more questions. got a call back offering me the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Online interview was odd because you don't talk to anyone but it was easy and quick. In-person, group interview was very relaxed. Questions range from favorite music to what designers you would by with unlimited money.

No negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and they called me the next day for a group interview.. The group interview was a little overwhelming because there were about 10 or so people and they were more group interviews scheduled that day... They asked questions like "Whats your style?" and "what are your passions in life?"

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I interviewed in 2011 for a location in a large mall. I think I submitted a resume in Jan and when everything was done, I think I started working in April.
    It was two rounds of in-person group interviews. The first was with two managers and probably a total of 6 interviewees. The second was down to me and another person with (I think) the regional manager at the time. No questions were particularly hard; it is full of behavioral/scenario questions. Of course emphasize the crap out of customer service and make sure to speak up for every question asked. Luckily my first group interview didn't feel to competitive trying to take turns speaking, but you never know...
    I feel that what secured my position was to really show them my personality in the 2nd interview. I think at one point I said something about how I'm goofy. They are looking for hard workers with good ethics and a fun personality that will get along with the rest of the team so make sure to let them know you're not a robot! After the 2nd interview, there was also an ethics survey you have to complete online to make sure you're not an idiot - pretty simple!

Interview Questions
    • Example of when you've dealt with a rude customer / co-worker, hard project, etc.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if:
      you saw a customer stealing
      you saw an employee stealing
      you didn't know an answer to something, etc. ..seriously easy peasy!
        Answer Question
    No negotiation of salary. You eventually get a raise. I got 'promoted' to cashier pretty quickly so my pay went up with that as well.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

I applied online and then about a 2 days later they sent me an email to do a video interview. It was unexpected but kind of fun. Then about 4 days later I completed there survey. Then I got an email 2 day later about a group interview. The date on the interview was wrong, it said Wednesday 9/9 instead of Wednesday 9/10.If I didn't see the email I wouldn't have made it, because they sent it the day before one the 9th. The interview was okay, the manager didn't have any information about use. So mentally I'm thinking how can you hire two people when you don't have any of their information. Nor did she ask for our information afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • One the video interview they asked me to draw a picture representing myself and that threw me off because you only have a certain amount of time to prepare for the video and then shoot it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

I went in on the weekend for shopping. When I got to the register I was looking at the "Do you want to work for us" flyers. Little did I know, the manager was the one checking me out at the register and asked if I was interested in working there. I had previously put in an online application about a month earlier. She asked my name and looked me up. She emailed me with the video interview process and a day or so afterwards I went in for the face to face interview. Within a week, I was hired. The video interview was super cool and you will need a webcam for it to record yourself answering random questions they give you. Fun! I love my new job. I have been there for about 3 weeks. Easy job!

Sales Associate Interview

So, I went to a hiring fair where I talked to two team leaders and it was very relaxed. Easy questions like whose style inspires you? What music do you like? Etc. Then I waited for 3 weeks, thinking that they had not decided to contact me. Almost 4 weeks later they called me asking for 1 on 1 interview. This interview was the same with very easy questions, why uo? What do you like about our store? Then I asked about the wage and the manager told me that they hire part time sales associates who get minimum wage or they will hire you as a full time team leader and you could get upwards of $11 an hour. I have been working retail for three years, currently working for $13/hr, and asked if there was any room for me to make a bit more money. He said the only way I could was to work at min wage pt for three months and then apply for a team leader position. I was pretty disappointed. He asked for two references and contacted them. Called me a week later telling me I got the job, which I declined because I can't afford to work for min wage. The whole process took way too long and I think they are very unorganized. It's ridiculous that you have a flat rate of min wage for employees who genuinely like your product and are sales professionals.

Interview Questions

Wanted to pay minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Urban Outfitters in August 2014.

First I applied online. They asked pretty simple questions. Next they had me do a questionnaire with a few tricky questions. They called me in a couple of days later for an interview. It was about 5 of us.
    Some questions they asked were
    -Why do you want to work for Urban?
    -What celeb do you look to for fashion inspiration?
    -How do you deal with customers?
    -What was your experience before at your previous job?
    -If money was no object what would you buy at Urban?
    After that interview I got a call a week later asking for a second interview with the store manager. There were only 3 of us this time. She basically asked the same questions. Then I got a call the same day offering me the position for 8.45 and hour. I accepted.

non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online, received a email to take a video interview and a week later I received a phone call for a groups interview. The manager did not ask any questions, mostly engaging with us. Try to ask as many questions as possible to the managers so you can make an impression. Everyone filled out a background check form right after the interview. A week after the interview I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Urban Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!