VMware Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

VMware Response

Sep 25, 2014Director of University Relations

It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience. We are proud of our culture and I am thrilled to know that came across during your time with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in May 2012.

I applied for the above role through their website and been screened (with in a week) through the HR team on telephone (around 45 mins), with in few days they setup another telephonic interview with the technical manager. I did really well and explained my skills (presales and technical) and the projects I have worked. The telephonic interview took over 1hr15 mins, which included the technical and standard general questions like why you want to work for VMware, what would be your next career step. With in 2 days I had an email saying that I have not been selected as I'm more on the "delivery side". which is really a joke as I never worked on delivery side and emailed about all the Opportunities I have worked and questioned this. within a day I had response saying that you have some good pre sales experience, however for this particular vacancy we require someone with more experience (standard response)....

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as answered most of the question with in my domain   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware in May 2010.

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland
    face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant
    Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability.
    The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available.
    The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.

Intern Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Mostly asked about my resume and my knowledge of Android programming. I did not know much about it at that time. So that was a minus point in my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how to open sockets and the steps in socket programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMware in September 2014.

I was contacted on Linked in by recruiter. The communication was pleasant and informative. I was asked to complete a timed (one hour) coding question online at my convenience. If the coding question went well, then I would be invited to participate at the interview event. I completed the coding question, and submitted my solution.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Flip the Bits : What is the maximum number if 1 - bits (indicated by S) which you can obtain in the final bit string? 'Flipping ' a bit means , that a 0 is transformed to a 1 and a 1 is transformed to a 0. String is some like "1001011".

2) Transverse the multi dimensional matrix: Find the number of paths to the bottom - right of the cell
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMware.

Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.

Pricing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at VMware.

The interviewer was 37 minutes late to the interview.
    The interviewer had great difficulty speaking English.
    The interviewer eventually brought up the fact that they do not pay for relocation (ACROSS THE COUNTRY) when their posted job ad specifically states they did (and all similar jobs of this caliber would pay Relo).

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Very bad experience with VMware. I took the phone interview on Aug. They gave me an onsite on Sep. 18th. 10 days before the onsite, they send me an email and told me they have to remove me from the onsite since they realize I am a new graduate student. I have to cancle my ticked and reschedule all my other interview