VMware Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2012.

I applied for the above role through their website and been screened (with in a week) through the HR team on telephone (around 45 mins), with in few days they setup another telephonic interview with the technical manager. I did really well and explained my skills (presales and technical) and the projects I have worked. The telephonic interview took over 1hr15 mins, which included the technical and standard general questions like why you want to work for VMware, what would be your next career step. With in 2 days I had an email saying that I have not been selected as I'm more on the "delivery side". which is really a joke as I never worked on delivery side and emailed about all the Opportunities I have worked and questioned this. within a day I had response saying that you have some good pre sales experience, however for this particular vacancy we require someone with more experience (standard response)....

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as answered most of the question with in my domain   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in May 2010.

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland
    face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant
    Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability.
    The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available.
    The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in March 2014.

A vmware recruiter contacted me for a phone interview after I applied online. The recruiter rattled off 10-20 stock questions on her sheet. Very cold demeanor, told me I only had 1-2min to answer each question and cut me off as I was talking. Not surprisingly, my answers didn't fit into whatever stock answers she had and I never heard from anyone at vmware again.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult, just cliche type program management questions.   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at VMware.

The interviewer was 37 minutes late to the interview.
    The interviewer had great difficulty speaking English.
    The interviewer eventually brought up the fact that they do not pay for relocation (ACROSS THE COUNTRY) when their posted job ad specifically states they did (and all similar jobs of this caliber would pay Relo).

Software Development Engineer In TestBeijing Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in August 2013.

The questions are simple, the inteviewer mainly focues on my projects. First question is introduce myself in English, then write a sort method using any language. Next I was asked some questions about Linux, include some commands and the principle of pipe. In the remaining time I was talking about my project.

Interview Questions
    • the difference among hashmap, hashtable, hashset in JAVA?   View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMware.

Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.

Interview Questions

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at VMware.

I had a very bad experience with VMWare recruiters, twice...and both the times it was the same unpleasant experience. They contacted me to interview for a position and I gave them few slots for tech screens. Then they told me that they are not hiring any more and the email was full of spelling errors. The whole experience seemed very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, went through phone screen, phone interview, and in person interview.

The recruiting process was somewhat jumbled - I was put in touch with 3 different recruiters, one of who forgot to tell me that my phone interview was scheduled. Otherwise, everyone was pretty good with response time.

Interview Questions
    Offer was much higher than any other place I'd looked at for this type of position so I didn't negotiate.

Process Optimization Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in July 2014.

The hiring process was conducted through a recruiting firm and all interviews were scheduled through them directly. There were a total of two interviews, both over the phone.

The first interview was a basic "why do you want this" and "what is your experience" with the woman who would be my manager. She seemed extremely new to management (this might have been her first interview) and didn't conduct the interview professionally at all, so it was a breeze.

My second interview was conducted by the director of the department, who was much more professional. He only wanted to know why I wanted the job. One question and the interview was over. About 30 minutes later they called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard. "Why do you want this job" and "Walk through a process improvement you have performed."   Answer Question
    I raised my price slightly and they countered with something appropropriate right off the bat. I accepted their first counter offer.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!