Verio Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verio.

Interview

Took a paper written test, met with two people and got hired. Phone interview then an onsite. I cant remember because it was so long ago. Now adays its a hire by committee and only if you are their friend.

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Verio (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I got the interview for this job through a recruiter. The interview went as smoothly as possible. I was interviewed for about 15 minutes by two managers. They were very kind and were straightforward with what they were looking for. I had a very pleasant experience during my interview. Both interviewers inquired about the most appropriate aspects of my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any knowledge of the IT industry (which I didn't know much about).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation took about a month. It took a while for me to hear back and my start date got delayed by a week, but other than that, it wasn't too stressful.

Channel Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Verio (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Quick, thorough, and enjoyable actually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical offer and counteroffer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verio (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I was already an employee in a team leader role, and was interviewed by someone outside of my department who thought they were being clever by asking this question. it had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job, and I really find it a waste of time to be presented with nonsense questions such as these. Fortunately, I had already been warned in advance by a colleague, and had my answer ready.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite tree?   1 Answer

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verio (Orem, UT (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and asked some questions in a quick phone interview. Scheduled time to meet with hiring manager. and meet with group of managers in office. after that interview I was asked to speak with the director of sales.

Interview Questions

• Greatest failure   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be persistent. And stick to your guns if they want you they will meet you half way.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verio in October 2008.

Interview

very relaxed interview, phone interview first, then one on one...it took almost three weeks to get back to me with an answer but I did get the job.

Interview Questions

• what did you sell? how did you close a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy. I actually told them what I was currently making and they said ok not a problem...

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Verio (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

Initially applied for Director of Marketing position. Management changed direction and decided to hire two different individuals to run the Marketing department, so my job hiring process got drawn out. I was hired about 3 months after I initially interviewed. I was brought on as a contractor for 1 year, then convinced management to convert me to a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• Channel compensation question, how should we compensate channel partners? Using a tiered structure or flat commission based on the amount of responsibility they take on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I suggested they bring me on as a contractor to accelerate their launch of the channel partner program.