Verizon

Updated 22 Feb 2015

2.9

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Take a seven part assessment that lasts 2 hours. I finished the assessment in one hour. I was able to take the assessment at home. Then I was scheduled for a face to face structured interview. This is the toughest part because they use a booklet and read out of it as if they are administering an exam. It made me so nervous I did terrible. They do role playing and you have to sell the customer the product from XYZ company. They give you a pen and pad to write down the information for the XYZ company. The interview isn't personable at all. I don't think they even care about your personality. If you have call center or phone sales experience then this is the perfect job for you.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where behavioral and you can't use your own experiences. They give you an example and you have to tell them how you would react to it. Concentrates on sales and customer retention.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Phone call from recruiter. Phone with hiring manager and other PMs. Entire process took about 2 or 3 weeks. I applied online and was called the next day.
    However there was no communication after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Gave my resume in colg career fair. Got their mail after few days to apply for the positon. Went to basking ridge for the interview.Over all process was smooth.2 rounds of interview were conducted. One technical and one HR. Nothing technical or too technical about it. They just asked questions regarding my project. The interviewers were very friendly while asking questions.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I had applied online. I then had a follow up phone interview with basic retail questions and waited for a couple of weeks and did not get the job.