Verizon

Updated 18 Nov 2014

2.9

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

FLDP Interview

Had a first round phone interview. Interviews are done by TheWorkPlaceGroup. All questions are very simple, behavioral. Asked things like why Verizon, would you be interested in a CPA career track? Within roughly two weeks they notified me that I got the second round interview and they are flying me up to their NJ corporate headquarters tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a ton of things going on at once and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

I started as a trainee 8 years ago after a master degree with a very informal process review because at that time we were a 1000 employees business coming from the merger of 3 promising startups and so the internal mindset remained startup oriented. And in 2008 Verizon Businesses took over this new company. So my experience is not relevant for current positions.

Interview Questions
    • Informal interview as explained above which is not relevant for current jobs.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Initial screening call followed by a super day. The super day had one HR interview and one business interview. They were both very simple very easy very straightforward for anyone who evenly mildly prepared. However they are absoltuely terrible about getting back to interviewees. I thought I did fairly well relative to the other candidates I interviewed against and my background very strongly supports my application. They said that they would let us know in two weeks of the super day. It has been almost a month and I have received no reply. I even emailed them but have not received any notification on the status of my application. I think this is incredibly rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None, all of it was super easy and straightforward. The outcome is uncertain since they didnt have the decency to get back to me   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Very detailed with at minimum 3 interviews along with a very detailed background check. Interviewed with all levels up to the cfo. Background check took 1 full week to complete. Fair yet be prepared to answer at least 50 questions .great company with great benefits just very difficult to get hired as well as hire someone externally.

Not difficult

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in November 2014.

first round interview was a video submission. very strange process but i guess it gives more of a unique way of meeting yourself, as the interviewee. I wore a suit top and sweatpants during the recording, as you can only see my upperbody