Verizon

Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.9

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I applied online. I didn't get a call until a month later from a recruiter. I've spent 30 minutes speaking to their recruiter. I then went in to speak to an HR person for another 40 minutes. She then told me they haven't figured out the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • just went through my resume, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

I was invited to SuperDay interview with Verizon.
    It lasted about 4-5 hours. They had two overview presentations of their company.
    Their technical questions were very unexpected because they were most likely behaviral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual.
      What did you least like about your previous job?
        Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon.

Applied through LinkedIn , interview process was quick . The HR person said everything looks good but did not hear back with yes , in process or no. Phone screen first then in person interview. The in person interview was done by a group and one person dominated the whole time w/o giving a chance to others

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult , the interviewer could not stay on a question and switched questions before anything could answered on the first one.   View Answer

FLDP Interview

Had a first round phone interview. Interviews are done by TheWorkPlaceGroup. All questions are very simple, behavioral. Asked things like why Verizon, would you be interested in a CPA career track? Within roughly two weeks they notified me that I got the second round interview and they are flying me up to their NJ corporate headquarters tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a ton of things going on at once and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

I started as a trainee 8 years ago after a master degree with a very informal process review because at that time we were a 1000 employees business coming from the merger of 3 promising startups and so the internal mindset remained startup oriented. And in 2008 Verizon Businesses took over this new company. So my experience is not relevant for current positions.

Interview Questions
    • Informal interview as explained above which is not relevant for current jobs.   Answer Question