Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Interview Details Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Interview Question – What do you know about six sigma   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

Interview Question – None - mix of competency and background.   Answer Question

IT Summer Intern Interview

IT Summer Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Interview Question – Describe how an outer join works in SQL   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

Interview Details it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

Interview Question – firewall question, routing question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Interview Details Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
  • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview Details There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Question – How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Question – None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details The interviewer called about 2 min late (as expected) she started off introducing herself and going over the position what it includes and what the facility is like then she began the interview process. She asked your same old interview questions and at the end told me I got through the phone interview and wanted to set up the in person. I am going to in person interview next week. I got through the first part with flying colors my advice is to talk to the interviewer like a person (not a friend) not a robot and you will do fine. I still have a test and the in person interview so I'm praying it goes just as well .

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Phila, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details I had to past a couple of battery test. Went to another location to take a customer service test. I met with the hiring manager for an interview. Offered the job over the phone.. The process may have taken 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Discuss a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an amount and I accepted, I did not attempt to negotiate

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Interview Details Started out by applying. Was contacted about two weeks after for a phone interview. After initial phone interview was required to take tests on computer that tested your ability to follow rules, data entry, and basic LAN networking skills.

Successfully passed the testing and was granted an in person interview where I was asked questions by two managers out of a booklet. The questions were self explanatory customer situation examples. After the interview I was told to wait for a few days for information. Received an email on Saturday telling me to expect to hear more information in the next week which have the hint I probably got the job. Then on Monday I got the call from the initial recruiter offering the job. .

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to provide negative information to a customer and how did you present it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate because it was a union job and after two years there I was going to be making a substantial salary in my opinion.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!