Verizon

Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.9

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

Collections Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Not a good system...several calls to and from recruiter, phone interview, group interview testing at facility, weeks later job offer depending you pass all requirements , BIG hassel .gettong all the info they require, no comunication then 2 days before start date they call you. After starting rush to reverify info because it got lost.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Took about 4 months. Behavioral Questions. Straightforward. Three Interviews. Received an offer and accepted. Wasn't too bad at all. Good company. I would say just have your resume prepared and know why you would want to work there. They are a little random in giving out internships but just apply to many positions and you will be fine,

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview was with two people, one present and one over the phone. Asked all the standard interview questions. I interviewed at a different location than the one that I was eventually hired at. I thought I was applying for a position at Verizon Wireless and ended up working for Verizon Telecom. I didn't realize that they were basically two different companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you changed about your previous place of employment/how did you overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    basically was offered less than I was making at previous employer but with commission. Very soon after being hired I was maxed out at the top pay for my position.

Programmer Interview

as usual. just the usual stuff. inerview went well and it was pretty basic and i answered all the questions. ver y easy and u can crack it. asked questions about div and doms and basic javascript questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Long and arduous. You do a phone interview and then go to headquarters and take a test and then if you pass you have an in person interview and they call you later to offer you a job but the fun doesn't stop there ! So you go take the standard urine test and then get ready for a third person "background screening" company to get involved. You pass the criminal background and then you're asked for current pay stubs and w2 form from all your last employers along with a copy of your high school diploma (no matter how many years ago it may have been) they basically treat you as if you are a liar even if you supply references and past employers contact information. Not to mention the invasion of privacy by making you send person information to a third party screening company. All this for a position that pays less than the middle class median salary (far less) I'd recommend not even wasting your time. I can only imagine how they treat customers if they treat their employees this way. Pretty crazy.

Interview Questions

Extreme background check invasion of privacy turned me off