Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in October 2011.

A test with basic question about networking. Then a phone interview to determine the language skill over the phone. Finally, a 2 week training that if you fail you are immediately fired.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in regards to fiber specific to verizon network   Answer Question
    They offered me a salary and benefits, I told them I had to think about it and the next phone call they offered me more money.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Four time interview process, 1st was a face-to-face by Talent Acquisition team in Japan, 2nd was a video-conference by hiring manager based in Belgium, 3rd was a teleconference by future colleague based in Australia, lastly face-to-face by the service manager in Japan.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in March 2013.

You first interview with a recruiter over the phone, then you go in and usually interview with two managers face to face. They will then do a background check, which they farm out to a private company. All the questions are pretty boilerplate. Just have a good answer to why you want to work at Verizon.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Verizon in April 2011.

Usually a 2 round process , for laterals there might be a onshore round too. Related to all your work experience -- if you are good enough you will get through.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!