Verizon Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Initial CV and Covering Letter. Then telephone interview. Then face-to-face interviews with departments.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Had a face-2-face interview for an open position with the company a couple of years ago.
    The phone interview went very well and was asked to attend a face-to-face interview, which I thought went well. The Hiring Manager was very pleasant and sounded very positive about my prospects.
    However, despite a number of follow-up emails with the third party recruiters, I never received any response or feedback. I'm not so bothered about not being offered the role as I went on to something better, however, I was very disappointed at the fact that the company were not courteous enough to provide me with any feedback following the process. Shameful really.. Probably a good indication of the potential working environment.

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Started with a CV screening which shortlisted to around 200 people, followed by phone interview asking about the specifics of the company and CV details down to 25 and finally onsite interview which had a technical part and a competency part.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Verizon in February 2008.

it was pretty ease, HR, technical manager and Network managter.
    all basic question i was lucky may be to get a easy interivew

none

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2012.

Fist of all you have to apply online - you have to fill in their application form including cover letter, CV and basic questions. After preliminary screening, you will be interviewed over the phone, my interview lasted 40 minutes, usually it is about 30 mins. When being successful, you will be invited for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were a Verizon employee and your parents asked you to tell them who you are working for?   Answer Question
    • As a university student, what subjects are you currently pursuing? Which one of them do you like most and why? Have you been involved in any projects? If so, what was your role in the project and what do you think was your strength?   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

I applied online for the position which was posted on a well known career website. I received a call about 2 weeks later from one of the representatives at the corporate site. Since my supervisor was located in Virginia, I was only interview via phone and was hired 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would perform with limited supervision. After I took the position I realized that it meant I would only have contact with my supervisor and other co-workers via email and phone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

pretty hard the company is very picky about who they choose to work there but it is very hard to get fired once you are on you are there

Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question
    There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in May 2012.

I was placed into Verizon through Disys, a horrible contracting company. My contact at Verizon wanted to hire me as a FTE right away, but his management made him go through a very scummy contracting company. I was treated well by Verizon and terribly by Disys. The interview process was bizarre: I was asked no technical questions at all. They tried to convert me to an employee (at a rank ABOVE even MTS-4) but neither my boss, nor his, nor even his above him the director, was allowed to hire anyone. I ended up in a lead position and then two years after I was brought on, senior management freaked out and fired all IT contractors and a huge number of regular employees, even from groups that were growing and profitable like mine. We were in the middle of a release, and I was their lead and their defacto release manager. My director was told he could keep me, but they went behind his back and fired every single contractor, reneging on their word to him. I could have walked at that point, but I had friends on the team, so I put in 120 hours in the remaining 8 days (including a holiday) trying to get the release into shape and making sure everything was covered. I was doing the job of three people there, and everyone was devastated. I got a nice going-away party etc etc etc. Upper management are fools for treating creative staff like interchangeable parts; the layoff culture there is poisonous. That even my director was not dealt with honestly by upper management gives me no confidence in them whatsoever. That said, everyone I worked with at Verizon on my immediate team, and management to the first three levels above me, were all great people. But everything above them is a madhouse. They keep making fewer people do more and more work, and it doesn't hold together. The technical debt is staggering.

Interview Questions
    • The oddest question was whether I understood that they were a big company. They did not ask actual programming questions. I wish they had: the overseas elements were very very bad programmers, and us onshore people were constantly having to mop up after them.   View Answer
    I negotiated for higher pay, which Verizon were quick to say yes to. However, Disys docked me for health care I didn't receive, even including overtime (but charged Verizon the full amount), so it didn't work out very well. Contract work is being misused here by both parties, and the government needs to crack down on it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!