Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Kennesaw, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with recruiter, standard behavorial questions. Went in and interviewed with 2 store managers, standard star based interview. One manager was constantly texting during the whole interview, the other one seemed engaged, yet was chewing gum. Totally classless behavior from the store managers. Not surprising considering their poor customer service in general.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Same useless questions everyone asks   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details One on one interview

Interview Question – How did you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2013.

Interview Details A high level technical interview was given in person and some questions about java were asked. No code was asked to be written and no code was presented during the interview. A few days later HR called me and gave me a 1 hour interview about my background. An example questions: "What is encapsulation?" "What are the data types in Java?"

Interview Question – I was surprised to face a phone interview by the HR department after the in person interview. The HR person asked me a lot of questions like: "Tell me a time when you had to over come a challenge".   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a different offer

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

Interview Details First I received a phone call to set up the job screening. I was good just the normal questions, why do you want to work here....why are you leaving your current employer, what do you think about our Credo etc. then once you pass that you are able to set up the first phone interview in which they will go more in depth about your job history and give you situational questions. Then if you pass that section they will schedule your for the assessment. They assessment was not difficult but you do have to pay attention to the directions and practicing your typing and multitasking skills. You receive our results the same day then they schedule you for your last phone interview. They ask you the same questions as the first interview just more I specific just to make sure your staying consistent, then once your have the last phone interview your have a 45 min face to face interview in which she ask a lot of situational and personality questions and you have to listen to some scenarios and give your opinion. Overall the hiring process can take a while but it was fun and worth it!

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult just remember to answer in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They present you with the offer over the phone making sure to highlight e wonderful benefits they ask if you have further questions and once you agree they email you the offer to sign.

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

Interview Details A recruiter came out to my college. Then I applied online and about 3weeks later I received a phone call to come in a take an assessment. The assessment was about 2-3hours and it was alot of mini series of test, timed testing, typing test, basic skills test. After I passed that testing I was scheduled for a 1-on-1 interview and I was not notified I received the job until like 3weeks later. I thought I didnt get it because they took so long to get back with me.

Interview Question – Alot of basic customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, base salary

Retail Customer Support Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2008.

Interview Details It was easy to apply online. The online site made it easy to get to what you were looking for. I applied for the retail customer support role and was contacted a few days later for an interview with the store manager.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Science Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2011.

Interview Details Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2011.

Interview Details The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Question – Can you sell me this coffee mug.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Question – name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.