Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated 18 Apr 2015

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    30+ day for hr call and test scheduling
    2+ days for scheduled testing (pay attention to details and do not rush)
    7+ days to one on one interview (they want to see how you will perform and they will ask to you to role play)
    14+ days to get job offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you.... (very star system based questions)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist- Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Friday. I was contacted about a week later by email requesting me to call a hiring director of still interested in the position. I did a prescreening call, a phone interview-2 days later-,and a ftf interview -2 days later-. My final interview was on a Friday and I was told I would be notified within a week on whether or not I would get the job offer. I was notified the following Tuesday-2 days later. I was offered the job contingent upon my background check and drug test. The phone interviews were pretty easy. Background info and situational questions were asked. They love the STAR format so make sure you know how to properly answer questions. The ftf interview was much harder. There were about 5 role play situation... I personally hate role playing... I did horrible on the role play but great on the other part. I start Nov 17...

Interview Questions

• Pick an item... cell phone or tablet and sell it to me   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating at all

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved basic customer service questions. If you don't know how to answer the questions you will not get a second interview. I suggest you research how to answer there questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions was unexpected.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Your standard "tell me about a time when..." Very hard and dry, not comfortable at all. You have no idea how the interview is going. I think the behavioral interview questions are necessary, but there should be a little time afforded to get to know the interviewee a little.

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks and 1 day.

May 5, 2014 - I applied online.
    May 6, 2014 - I received an email from a Verizon Wireless Recruiter stating that he wanted to schedule a phone interview.
    May 8, 2014 (9:30am) - My scheduled phone interview. Lasted 30 minutes. My interview was with another person. A lady this time. Basic questions about your previous employment. Why you left those jobs and why you are pursuing a career at Verizon. She asked about the Credo. Make sure you state basically what you liked about their Credo. She asked a few behavioral questions but nothing hard at all. Answer the questions in STAR format. After the interview she wanted me to proceed to the next step. The next step was the assessment. She emailed me over the location and additional information I would need.
    May 13, 2013 - I went to the Verizon location and took the assessment. It took roughly 2 and a half hours. The assessment was 7 parts. Cant really remember the parts but its a lot of instructions on each part so you really have to be focused and concentrate. You can over think something that could all be so simple. It really a mixture of typing, multitasking, following instructions, and listening. After the assessment you go into the HR room and they let you know right then if you passed or failed. I passed YAYY ME!!!. So the first recruiter let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule the second interview. Later that day someone did call and scheduled me an interview for that Friday.
    May 16, 2014 - My second phone interview. Lasted 45 minutes. This interview was much like the first. This time is was a third person. Another lady. She asked about the resume. She asked behavioral questions but they were a little more in depth and she asked a little more questions. After the interview she told me that I advanced to the next step which was a face to face interview. She informed me that someone would be calling to set up that interview as well. Another person called. (So many different people throughout the process but they were all nice). She scheduled me a time and location to come in and interview with her.
    May 19, 2014 (13:30pm) - Arrived on the site and had the interview. It lasted an hour. The interview was three parts. First part was basic questions about my ability to work, the position, and basic small talk. The second part was behavioral questions. The third part was you listening to sample phone calls from customers and analyze them and she asked about three or four questions after each recording, That part was a little difficult for me but I felt it went well.
    May 20, 2014 - I received a phone call with the Customer Specialist job offer contingent upon the passing of a drug test and background check. She informed me on everything. I had to go and get a paper to write it all down. This different lady which I the final lady I would be dealing with sent me an email stating that I needed to do a drug test and consent to a background check. Took the drug test the next day. The background check
    took forever. Much like most I heard.
    June 3, 2014 - I received a call stating that everything was received and cleared.
    June 16, 2014 - START DATE!!!. Super excited.

Best interview process ever. I felt like I actually earned the job, Have a great advancement program I discussed with all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult to me was in the face to face interview having to answer the questions to the recording.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was set before your initial first phone interview. Reasonable offer I think.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted twice for one position with. Once in November and then again in February through recruiters for Verizon. I had one phone interviews each per recruiter, then I was asked for a face-to-face with the hiring manager after the second. The interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project you did when you did not have Management's approval, but you felt it necessary to proceed?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kennesaw, GA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, standard behavorial questions. Went in and interviewed with 2 store managers, standard star based interview. One manager was constantly texting during the whole interview, the other one seemed engaged, yet was chewing gum. Totally classless behavior from the store managers. Not surprising considering their poor customer service in general.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Same useless questions everyone asks   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

One on one interview

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

A high level technical interview was given in person and some questions about java were asked. No code was asked to be written and no code was presented during the interview. A few days later HR called me and gave me a 1 hour interview about my background. An example questions: "What is encapsulation?" "What are the data types in Java?"

Interview Questions

• I was surprised to face a phone interview by the HR department after the in person interview. The HR person asked me a lot of questions like: "Tell me a time when you had to over come a challenge".   Answer Question

Took a different offer