Verizon Wireless

708 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details I had 4 rounds of interview, starting with Verizon's HR. The phone screening was very professional. In a weeks time, got a call for face to face interview. It was a long process, but very productive. I got to know the team members, composition and what was expected for the role.

My impression was that the interview process was protracted and I was under pressure to decide on a different offer.

Interview Question – Interview was interspersed with behavioral and scenario based questions. And, there was puzzle to solve! :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thought it was very straightforward. Did not face a need to negotiate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details There are usually several phone interviews conducted for screening. The recruiter will usually ask typical interview questions to gather information from your employment background. If you successfully pass the phone interviews you will then be invited to a face to face interview with either a hiring manager for the district in which you are applying, or you may interview with the store manager from the store in which they may have the opening. Most of the questions they will ask will once again be similar to that of the general interview questions but sometimes you may have an interviewer that may improv their own set of questions. As long as you are customer focused and results oriented, you should pass. It would also help to be a little tech savvy or at least try to be as knowledgeable as possible about wireless technology.

Negotiation Details – Verizon Wireless Sales Positions are non-negotiable

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and they called to set up a phone interview. The recruiter never even looked at my resume. They had no idea I hadn't graduated college yet.

Interview Question – What are your short-term plans.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details The process requires a good resume, an interview, and basic computer testing. The interview process is a series of scenarios where you must give a specific example based on the question, detail what you did, and then tell what the results were. These questions vary with each interview. Most companies use the same interview process, so the more interviews you go on, the easier this becomes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions ask about a situation where you either made a mistake, or did not have the resources or information to resolve an issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I had little experience, and they were offering substantially more that I was currently making, that I practically did somersaults when I accepted!

Senior Retail Sales Representative Interview

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details 3 part process: Phone screening, 2 face-to-face interviews. Took 3 weeks to get offer.

Interview Question – What animal would you be and why   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They low-balled my starting salary. I was able to use my experience and travel expenses to get what I wanted.

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details 1st Phone Interview: The interviewer asked standard interview questions. For example: What made you apply for this position? What is your sales experience and qualifications?

2nd Interview: Very similar to phone interview. There were questions like: What is your sales experience? Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now within the company (say something about being in the company)? Why should you be hired for this job?

Tip: During the in-store interview, be conscious of how you present yourself. Meaning maintain good eye contact, listen carefully, speak in a professional manner, etc.

Interview Question – Just make sure when they asked you "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" that your answer has something to do with working for the company. They ask this question because they want to make sure you don't quit in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I didn't try to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details The hiring process was very long! I originally applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview the same day. I scheduled it for 3 day later. When the recruiter contacted me she was very unprofessional. It seems as though she didn't want to do her job on a Saturday. She had her TV running in the back ground and gave off a nonchalant attitude. She then told me that if Verizon choose to proceed they would contact me via email in two days. Two days went by and still no email! I received the email 1 day before the hiring event. When i arrived the hiring event, almost 20 people were waiting to be checked in. Finally my name was called, I interviewed with a Jerk! apparently this guy is a store manager at one of the locations. He began to ask me a series of questions. I thought the interview was going great until he put his paper down and said,"it seems that you have worked for a lot of places, and these places have the same concept as Verizon and i don't the ink you understand who we are". i replied asking him what he was trying to imply. He stated i think you know where this is going, have you ever been to a hiring event? i stated yes, i have attended 3 and they were very similar to Verizon. So then he asked me how were they similar. I explained the process of speaking with recruiters, background check, panel interview, etc. He then asked me why should Verizon hire me? I gave my response and then he wrapped up by saying thank you and escorted me to the door. He put his had out and said Verizon will be in contact with you. I refused to shake his hand and walked out. I have never been turned down for a job, his interview style was absolutely unprofessional. To later hear form an employees that the manager stated that i belong behind a desk, i was very disappointed in Verizon that a manger would stereotype me in that manner. About a week later i received a phone cal form another recruiter. He was very professional and we were able to make a connection. He explained to me that they had filled all of the positions in my area but they had more in another district, I wasn't happy but I really wanted a fair chance at another interview so i decide to go. I was told to come to head quarters, to do the entire interview process all over again. The employees at headquarters more friendly. The interview was very long it took 3 hours. When i finished with the final interview process i wasn't told that i would be contacted, i think that the gentleman forgot. two days later i was contacted by another recruiter and was offered a position with Verizon.

Interview Question – Regular interview behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected about 4k more but i took what they offered.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details They typically hire Supervisors from within. There are very few positions in management that come from outside of the company. Please be dressed professionally although many of the locations have a casual dress code.

Interview Question – They ask you behavioral based questions. Answer honestly. Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Riverside, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and about a week later received an E-mail inviting me to interview with HR (1st) went over resume and work history, I was quizzed about the dates and jobs I held. Then I was asked to role play the Accessory of the month. (read up on the specs and be sure to work it into your role play) she made me do it twice once with a tech savvy person and one who was not. I passed, that easy enough. after that It was the normal interview after that. where do you see yourself in 3-5 years. and what skills do you posses that would make you an ideal candidate. this process took about an hour. (a very good sign) anything under 45 min, usually doesn't fair well. she went through the benefits and salary information with me on the spot and asked if I was OK with it. she then told me that they were hiring for the district and it meant I would be placed in a store that ranged from 25-40 miles away from my home. (a sure way to be picked for another interview is to accept this and work out the details of travel when your are hired. everyone has a reason they need to be as close to home as possible and they want to see if you are adaptable.) after a little more background on the position we parted and they told me I would hear back that day if I were chosen to move forward or not,

I was contacted later that day to move along in the process and to have a Final interview for the next day,
This time I sat down with the DM and SM and was asked pretty much the same questions as the HR person did. This time I got to explain in detail about my previous positions and roles I played. once I answered the questions they informed me that a real life role play would be next. This meant I would be out on the floor and interact with them (DM &SM) separately. the first interaction was with the DM and he was looking for a new phone. I asked him what his phone was primarily used for. and if it was just him or if he had a family. I asked him about any particular apps he was fond of or used all the time he stated he used the calculator and GPS allot. he then asked about the pricing and how it seemed pretty high. ( i researched the plans and pricing options avail. before the interview) I explained how times change and as a big company like Verizon we needed to change along with it. I told him there was a monthly payment option for the model he was interested in and he was satisfied. I really got to know him on a personal level. not the typical (what do you need and here ya go! interaction) give them your name and make eye contact, shake hands ask personal inquiring questions that pertain to what he is interested in.

The second interaction was with the SM and she wanted information about a certain device she read about online. and how it worked. (the accessory of the month) I gave her the details about it and used it in the role play. We then shifted gears and did another role play where she portrayed two different customers (savvy and not savvy) in this scenario I was asked to look through the store and sell one of these other non phone devises like a speaker or a phone carrier etc... Now this is very important. if you listen to what they ask they are more interested in you already knowing something else in the store like a jet pack or something like it. here's why. you already role played and showed them you could walk up to anything and generate a conversation out of the blue with the help of a device. Now they want to see if you are Knowledgeable about their other products. Here is what I did,

I was asked to browse the 100+ accessory's and to provide a general understanding and presentation. I waited until they finished talking and let them know I had already thought of a device and that I didn't need to scope out anything. The response I got was a glance of (WOW) between the two of them. they smiled and asked me what I wanted to share, I stated the Jet pack. as it can be used anywhere your are without WiFI and didn't want to use DATA. they were very happy that I came in with this knowledge. we returned to the backroom and discussed the details of the job and location. again, I agreed on whatever location they decided to place me at. we shook hands and they told me it would be a few days to get all of the interviews and decisions down. Monday afternoon came around and I got a call with an offer to join their team. to which I accepted and am now waiting on the drug and background processes to pass.

Interview Question – Why do you feel that you are the person for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered and it was a good staring base pay. with commissions

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Interview Details Interviewing: They score on a point system. Make sure that you listen to every part of the questions asked and make sure that you answer each part of the question.

Interview Question – Please sell me this pen   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice. All 708 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.