Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone call, really wasn't that hard. Had to explain current job status and recent employment. I feel as if you must prepare for the phone role. They give you material to read over so, make sure you have that in hand.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Got a phone call which was about 10 minutes late, and I don't think she liked the fact that I joked about it. Did not ask any STAR based questions, but went straight into the Credo and role playing on selling 2 products. The roll playing was rather difficult because for sales, you ask the individual questions in order to see how the product would fit into their needs. I would ask her a question while role playing and there was about a 3 second delayed response, which was very confusing. Each question I ask, 3 second delayed response. Maybe this was to throw me off, but came off as very weird.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

1. Preliminary Phone Interview
    2. In-person Interview
    3. In-store Interview

Got through the the second process - the in-person interview. Later that week I received an e-mail saying I did not get the job.

Verizon Wireless Telesales Representative Interview

pretty straight forward but takes long time. 2 phone interviews, one assessment and in person interview. Common sense no need to prepare anything. i am still waiting for the last interview which will be tomorrow

set salary

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Written test(includes aptitude and technical questions), followed by two technical interviews ( focus on your current technology and current project) and one HR (formal discussion it was like cake walk)

Interview Questions
    • Write code for your major project ... :)   View Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

interview is very specific and detailed generalized explanations of experience is not accepted. any one must provide specific scenarios of prior work experienced as related to the job perks is to also talk of sales experience along with customer care experience be fully prepared for any type of question as related to job be clear and concise in details dress absolutely business professional

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you were unable to handle a customer? what was the scenario? what did you do? what was the outcome?   View Answer
    once offer is accepted the recruiters are excited to have new hires on boarding they will provide all you need to begin successfully

Coordinator BGCO Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview took place 2 weeks after applying and was scheduled with 2 interviewers trading questions. Each interview had an area of expertise, the one was a specialist for accessory sales and the other was a long-time supervisor of the offline processing team. One interview question consisted of providing real-life examples of scenarios that match closely to problem solving, dealing with customers and making a significant sale. Another interview question involved relaying your experience and efficiency in working under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Example where technical expertise resolved a problem for a customer, who then bought a Verizon product or service as a result.   Answer Question
    None

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I had a interview with technical lead. and it was supposed to be more technical than HR types questions. But he asked me more HR type questions. I don't know whether he was tired to asked or this is the process of interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was not such most difficult questions. But as I had interview with technical lead so I was expecting more technical questions, but he asked me more HR types questions.   View Answer

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The first part of the interview process is phone screening. Then you are invited to a interpersonal interview with manager. After the first one on one interview with management you go through a second interview where you are given 10 minutes to learn about a product and then pitch it to manager as if he or she is a customer.

Interview Questions
    • Must pitch sale to manager of a verizon product after only be given 10 mins to learn about it.   Answer Question