Verizon Wireless

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015
1,009 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question
    No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

On phone interview and in person interview were very good cordial. I had to fly to Kansas to take the interview unpaid for but i was determined for this job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online followed by a phone interview then called in for an assessment. Passed the assessment and was schedualed for face to face interview. They showed me around the building asked some behavioral questions then did a mock call. It seemed to go veryvery well. Then she said ok youll hear from us in a couple days. A few days later recieved an email saying they found more qualified people.

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

A very long process, it took me over 3 months to even hear anything back. Started off with a phone interview, then assessment text, then face to face interview. Everyone was really nice but became rude when i tried to find out my post interview status. Very hard to get in touch with someone to ask questions.

Business Account Executive Interview

2 interviews after qualifying through HR. One Sr. Manager and Associate Director.
    Be prepared with a 90 day plan of action and how you expect to bring sales in.
    Focus on activity driven appointments and solutions selling.
    "Sell me this pen" style of questioning.

No negotiation. DOE.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

First interview was over the phone with a recruiter. Some questions but a lot of information. Second interview was with a different recruiter over the phone. Asked mostly behavioral questions. Third interview was in person where I had to sell some things to the manager. Was then offered the job by the first recruiter. Overall process was roughly a month's time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell something to a technical person and a nontechnical person.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The phone interview was very chaotic. They actually forgot to call me. I had to call them. And then when I called them, they wanted to reschedule. Didn't really seem like they wanted to really hire me at all. Some of these HR people have nothing to do so they just want to create work for themselves.

Software Engineering(Palo Alto) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Gave them my resume at a career fair, was emailed to make an account online and fill out an application as well as record myself answering a couple of questions. Later was asked to come on site for a 5 hour "superday". At this, went through 3 interviews: a technical one, a behavioral one, and an interesting group interview that involved me collaborating with other candidates in a plane crash situation in deciding what supplies to salvage from a sinking plane.

Interview Questions
    • reverse a linked list   Answer Question
    • If you had two eggs and a 100 story building, what would be the best way to find the lowest floor on which the eggs will crack if dropped from?   Answer Question

was more interested in other options

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I only got through two parts, phone interview and assessment test. Having past experience with customers and taking corrective technical action is a plus. They will ask you about your past experiences and how they relate to Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions
    • Expect questions on basic communications types of equipment and some standard acronyms during phone interview. Assessment test had 7 parts: technical questions, 2 parts for personality, a timed rule following part, timed typing section, timed problem section with 3 different solutions that you need to rate from good to bad, a multi-task section: simulated incoming calls that need to be transferred while trying to match numbers   View Answer