Victoria's Secret Stores

Getting the Interview

467 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, telephone interview then a group interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Received a Call, had a telephone interview which proceeded to a group interview. Called up a week later to ask if there was any updates with regards to my application and got told that I got the job! Very confused why I was not called initially to let me know but was assured that this was due to the busy nature (I applied as one of the first batches - therefore I opened the store).

Interview Question – Make sure to be presented well, well spoken and be able to apply the experience you have (be it retail or not) to the questions you asked for there was a girl in my interview that only had beauty therapist experience but applied her knowledge of customer experience to the job role in question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2012.

Interview Details Telephone Interview

Interview Question – What does the V.S brand mean to you.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details Had an initial telephone interview, asking about my previous experience, then was offered to go to a group interview. Which consisted of a one on one interview too.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Just the typical interview style questions   Answer Question

Director of Design Interview

Director of Design
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details it was very subtle every thing went right on their own I was pretty sure that I can make it and I did interview was decent they asked every thing they wanted to know they were very much keen to their answer what they wanted to know and i co-operated with them they were more concerned with your character and background and that should reason of concern it matters alot and i did rocked my interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, i didnt negotiate

Frisco, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details Submitted my application in person and scheduled an interview on the spot. The interview was in a few days and at the conclusion on the interview I received an offer. The questions were general "why do you want this job" and questions about other time commitments. No brainer!

Interview Question – "What is your greatest strength"   Answer Question

Brands Manager and Operations Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details I applied online forBath and Body Works brand. I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for The Victoria's Secret brand. It was a phone interview, which as a hiring manger at my currnt company, I am not a fan of. I guess I am old school and prefer to meet applicants in person. I was not offered a position. I guess my 15+ years in retail management was not acceptable. The recruiter was very polite with the turn down though.

Interview Question – I believe all questions asked were expected for the position applied for.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details Applied in store. Received a call back. Group interview. Got the job!

Interview Question – What do you expect here?   Answer Question

Intimates Category Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details I was an inside hire and so most of the questions that I answered were more detailed than an outside hire. I was asked what my career goals were, what was a difficult moment at the store and who did I work through it, and how could I better the store I would be moving to. Most of the interviews are about knowledge and lingo dropping because it shows your dedication.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would I specifically make the store better. Its hard to know that answer without knowing what the store's flaws are to begin with.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was fairly easy for me at least. I was one of four girls and 3 out of 4 of us have had retail experience already. I showed up 15 minutes early and was told to come back in 10 minutes because the other girls haven't shown up yet, so I just looked around the store. The assistant manager gathered us and took us to a table at the food court, pulled out our applications and I saw that mine was checked 'Yes' already before anything started which was great! I applied in person and came to the store regularly so I was a familiar face already. She told us that she was gonna ask us questions one at a time and she always asked me first. Only asked us about two questions each, then went into the job detail and what she expected etc. Then afterwards we all thanked her for the interview and she told us that the actual hiring manager was on vacation so we'd hear back a week later when she returns. Then it was over.

Interview Question – 1. Have you ever up sold a customer?
2. Sell me your outfit.
questions for the other girls were
-How would a manager describe you in 3 words?

she asked if we knew our sister sizes
asked the difference between servicing a customer and selling

FYI : I was the only one who showed up in all black clothing since it's their uniform and I was used as an example for appropriate dress attire so wear all black!
smile naturally and be cheery and confidence with a positive attitude
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores interview questions and advice. All 467 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.