Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.2

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Luton, East of England, England) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview with basic questions about what you know about the company, why you would be a suitable candidate etc , followed by a group interview, luckily in my one it was just me and another girl. you get a brief intro by each interviewee and then get taken into separate rooms for interviews, after this we both separately did a 5 minute task where we could talk about anything we wanted. after this me and the other girl had to do a team building task where there was 20 pieces of spaghetti, 1 marshmallow, celotape and some string.

Interview Questions

• name three skills that would benefit you in this job   1 Answer
    • what does success mean to
      you

Answer Question
    • when you had a bad customer experience how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • retailers face issues on a day to day basis, what do you think their problems are and how could you deal with it   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (London, England).

Interview

Applied online via their website and got a phone call a week later.
    The phone call was a phone interview where I was asked my availability and about previous job experience and experience of working within a team. I was then asked "Why Victoria's secret?" And subsequently invited to a group interview for the next day.
    At the interview there were 4 of us, then we were lead into a training room and split into 2 groups of 2.
    We had to introduce ourselves and say an interesting fact. We then did a group exercise and were interviewed and asked questions in our pair.
    After this we were given a random item of stationery from a bag and had to sell it for a minute.
    Got a call the next day saying I had been offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were 5 girls. First of all you have to say something for yourself that is not written in your CV. Then they gave us a group exercise, then individual questions i think 4 or 5 ..and the thing that really surprise me they gave us a item and you have 1 min to sell it. Mine was rubber. She just takes something from his bag, gives to you , you don`t have time to see it and says start. And that`s all. The atmosphere is really nice, they are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• About the questions...
      Name a time when you had received a bad customer service and would you do in situation to correct it?
      The same with the great customer service
      most of them were like these.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Birmingham, England) in October 2014.

Interview

first when i applied i got an email on when i would like a phone interview, after got my phone interview and passed that and went onto the group interview which was great because i got to see everyone and progress of their answers and knowledge

Sales and Stock Assistant- London Interview

Interview

I saw the vacancy on google and applied through a quick online application, the following day I received an email detailing: that I had been chosen to go forward to the next stage of the recruitment process. I was given an option to choose between two interview dates, after replying back I received another email a few hours later confirming my selected date and advising: to wear black to the interview (dress code business black), the location of the interview and details of the interview (group interview consisting of situational and competence based questions). The interview took place the following week, on arrival we signed our names in on a sheet and were taken upstairs by one of the interviewers into an individual conference room. We were left alone for 5 minutes whilst a Victoria's Secret catwalk clip was playing in the background. The interview commenced and we went through a register and realised that a few people didn't turn up, so there were only a few people present, so we worked within that small group.

The introduction involved telling an interesting fact about yourself, where you worked previously and why you want to work at VS.

Following the introduction we were given a group activity in our group of five: different types of bras were put out and a bottle of body lotion, we were then asked a hypothetical scenario question (see interview questions) and had to work in the group to demonstrate our teamwork and retail/customer service knowledge and skills.

Next, we had a selling activity. We were each handed one VS product (mostly underwear) and were required to conduct a one minute sales pitch in front of the group and interviewers. (See interview questions section)

We were then asked individual interview questions which were broken down into two parts:

The first questions were based on hypothetical scenarios in VS, and how or what we would do in that particular situation as an employee. (See interview questions section)

The second half consisted of typical interview style questions which relate back to our previous work experience/or even life experience. (See interview questions section)

We then did a bit of admin work, which involved signing a sheet with our availability/any requested holiday. We were also given an option whether we wanted to work within sales, stock room or even overnight shifts. If we wanted to work in a specific department I.e pink then we would have to note that down too, however the more flexible and available you are, the higher chance you have in succeeding with your application.

The interview was then concluded by the interviewees asking the interviewers any questions/concerns that they had.

The process was very quick and informative, the experience was fun and the atmosphere was relaxed. The group of people I had been interviewed with were absolutely lovely.

I received a call the following day to be told that I was successful.

Interview Questions

• I'm not going to give too many details away! But I hope you guys get the general gist.
      Group activity: given a scenario whereby a customer wanted a product which was no longer in stock. We could only sell the products that we had in front of us, however how would we go about this?
      Demonstrate team work skills, listening, communication skills, leadership, problem solving and eliminating and deduction.

Selling activity: mostly consisted of underwear and one person had a pair of jogging bottoms.
      Had to show your unique selling skills on the spot.

Interview questions:
      Examples: name a time when you had received poor customer service and why, what would you do in that situation to correct it?
      Name a time when you had to deal with a problem that was not relevant or important during the time when you were working and how did you go about it?
      Name a time when you have had to have the help or assistance of a team member.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

We were 14 girls at interview, so it was not so easy to show Your personality. We had introduction, group task, sales task and group interviews.
    I think they aren't looking for hard working, realiable person, they need blubby girl who can talk about nails and new hair cut all day long.

Application

Interview

Submitted application online, got called to come into a group interview. There were about 12 people there, the interview went for about two hours. Very in depth process, testing team work skills, selling skills, how you respond under pressure, how confident you are talking to people, how you would handle different work problems, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• We each had to stand in front of the group and do a sales pitch for whatever product we were given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (London, England) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed back with a request to interview. The email included two time slots on the same day the following week to choose from. Once I got to the interview centre, we were all taken to an interview room upstairs and left there for 15 minutes. Eventually the interviewers showed up and asked us all to introduce ourselves one-by-one, giving an interesting fact about ourselves and why we wanted to work at VS. After this, we were given a hypothetical situation in smaller groups and asked to pick an item to sell to that customer out of a selection given. The interviewers listened in on our process and made notes. Then we were each given an item and asked to make a one minute sales pitch to the whole group. After this, we were split into smaller groups again and the interviewers asked each of us different questions based on hypothetical retail situations. The interview lasted two hours.

Interview Questions

• 'A customer comes in asking to repurchase a fragrance that we no longer stock. Which item from the pile in front of you would you offer as an alternative?' The items given were several bras and some loungewear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Stratford, London, England).

Interview

Total process took about a month.
    I applied online, then had a short phone interview then was invited to a group interview.
    After the group interview I got the job offer.
    A couple of weeks after it was the induction.

Interview Questions

• What does the VS brand mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to an assessment. It was a group interview and we started off introducing ourselves and why we wanted to work for Victoria's Secret. We were then shown a video about Victoria's Secret and they asked us questions about it.
    They placed a few of their products in the middle of the table and gave us a scenario about a customer who wanted to buy a perfume they previously brought from the store but it was now discontinued and what we would do (also to select from the table what we would give them instead). This was a group discussion amongst ourselves and we were being observed by the interviewers.
    Then we done a selling activity and were given different products from the table and had to get up turn by turn and sell the product. I was given a bra and some of my selling points were that it came in different colours and came with matching underwear. Another good point to mention when doing a selling activity is to give personal testimony.

Interview Questions

• Afterwards, we were split into two groups and an interviewer sat with us and asked a question one by one.
      Some of the questions were,
      1) Can you tell us a time where you helped a fellow colleague and how,
      2) If you were placed in a new department that you weren't familiar with, how would you help a customer who wants to know about a product.

Answer Question