Victoria's Secret Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Stock Assistant- London Interview

Sales and Stock Assistant- London

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details I saw the vacancy on google and applied through a quick online application, the following day I received an email detailing: that I had been chosen to go forward to the next stage of the recruitment process. I was given an option to choose between two interview dates, after replying back I received another email a few hours later confirming my selected date and advising: to wear black to the interview (dress code business black), the location of the interview and details of the interview (group interview consisting of situational and competence based questions). The interview took place the following week, on arrival we signed our names in on a sheet and were taken upstairs by one of the interviewers into an individual conference room. We were left alone for 5 minutes whilst a Victoria's Secret catwalk clip was playing in the background. The interview commenced and we went through a register and realised that a few people didn't turn up, so there were only a few people present, so we worked within that small group.

The introduction involved telling an interesting fact about yourself, where you worked previously and why you want to work at VS.

Following the introduction we were given a group activity in our group of five: different types of bras were put out and a bottle of body lotion, we were then asked a hypothetical scenario question (see interview questions) and had to work in the group to demonstrate our teamwork and retail/customer service knowledge and skills.

Next, we had a selling activity. We were each handed one VS product (mostly underwear) and were required to conduct a one minute sales pitch in front of the group and interviewers. (See interview questions section)

We were then asked individual interview questions which were broken down into two parts:

The first questions were based on hypothetical scenarios in VS, and how or what we would do in that particular situation as an employee. (See interview questions section)

The second half consisted of typical interview style questions which relate back to our previous work experience/or even life experience. (See interview questions section)

We then did a bit of admin work, which involved signing a sheet with our availability/any requested holiday. We were also given an option whether we wanted to work within sales, stock room or even overnight shifts. If we wanted to work in a specific department I.e pink then we would have to note that down too, however the more flexible and available you are, the higher chance you have in succeeding with your application.

The interview was then concluded by the interviewees asking the interviewers any questions/concerns that they had.

The process was very quick and informative, the experience was fun and the atmosphere was relaxed. The group of people I had been interviewed with were absolutely lovely.

I received a call the following day to be told that I was successful.

Interview Question – I'm not going to give too many details away! But I hope you guys get the general gist.
Group activity: given a scenario whereby a customer wanted a product which was no longer in stock. We could only sell the products that we had in front of us, however how would we go about this?
Demonstrate team work skills, listening, communication skills, leadership, problem solving and eliminating and deduction.

Selling activity: mostly consisted of underwear and one person had a pair of jogging bottoms.
Had to show your unique selling skills on the spot.

Interview questions:
Examples: name a time when you had received poor customer service and why, what would you do in that situation to correct it?
Name a time when you had to deal with a problem that was not relevant or important during the time when you were working and how did you go about it?
Name a time when you have had to have the help or assistance of a team member.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was emailed back with a request to interview. The email included two time slots on the same day the following week to choose from. Once I got to the interview centre, we were all taken to an interview room upstairs and left there for 15 minutes. Eventually the interviewers showed up and asked us all to introduce ourselves one-by-one, giving an interesting fact about ourselves and why we wanted to work at VS. After this, we were given a hypothetical situation in smaller groups and asked to pick an item to sell to that customer out of a selection given. The interviewers listened in on our process and made notes. Then we were each given an item and asked to make a one minute sales pitch to the whole group. After this, we were split into smaller groups again and the interviewers asked each of us different questions based on hypothetical retail situations. The interview lasted two hours.

Interview Question – 'A customer comes in asking to repurchase a fragrance that we no longer stock. Which item from the pile in front of you would you offer as an alternative?' The items given were several bras and some loungewear.   Answer Question

Stratford, London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Total process took about a month.
I applied online, then had a short phone interview then was invited to a group interview.
After the group interview I got the job offer.
A couple of weeks after it was the induction.

Interview Question – What does the VS brand mean to you?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, telephone interview then a group interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
London, England

Interview Details Received a Call, had a telephone interview which proceeded to a group interview. Called up a week later to ask if there was any updates with regards to my application and got told that I got the job! Very confused why I was not called initially to let me know but was assured that this was due to the busy nature (I applied as one of the first batches - therefore I opened the store).

Interview Question – Make sure to be presented well, well spoken and be able to apply the experience you have (be it retail or not) to the questions you asked for there was a girl in my interview that only had beauty therapist experience but applied her knowledge of customer experience to the job role in question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2012.

Interview Details Telephone Interview

Interview Question – What does the V.S brand mean to you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details Had an initial telephone interview, asking about my previous experience, then was offered to go to a group interview. Which consisted of a one on one interview too.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Just the typical interview style questions   Answer Question

Director of Design Interview

Director of Design
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details it was very subtle every thing went right on their own I was pretty sure that I can make it and I did interview was decent they asked every thing they wanted to know they were very much keen to their answer what they wanted to know and i co-operated with them they were more concerned with your character and background and that should reason of concern it matters alot and i did rocked my interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, i didnt negotiate

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Salem, OR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details Group interview. Dropped off resume at store, got a call a few days later for interview. Called back for second group interview. All but one of the members of the group was hired after the second interview.

Interview Question – What was your best bra fitting experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Campus Representative Interview

Campus Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details After being on the street team for my first year, I was approached by a graduating intern to interview since she liked the way I took initiative during the school year. After sending her my resume, I received an email from the head of the campus rep program three weeks later. I scheduled a Skype interview for two weeks later. The interview was very easygoing, and she was extremely sweet. I was then offered a position a week later!

Interview Question – If selected to be a campus rep, what ideas do you have for events?   Answer Question

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!