Virgin Atlantic Airways

Virgin Atlantic Airways Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

Analyst Interview

One stage process, interview and test. People involved include hiring manager, sometimes another team member, and HR representative who are present. Process is approx 2hours. 1 hour for interview and 1 hour for test. Dress formally.

Interview Questions
    No room for salary negotiation. Salary range not clear from advert, as it varied from 10k difference between lower end and higher end of salary, so the top end range of salary is not an option.
    Not real flexible hours, esp as teams are quite small.
    Travel expenses for interview are also not covered.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways.

On-line questionnaire, followed by a telephone interview, followed by a formal interview carried out by 4 management personnel. Interveiw was with other candidates and there was role playing, a written test along with a maths test. It ended with a personal interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in the past to get out of a tricky situation   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways in January 2011.

First stage is an application form, second is an assessment day. The assessment day is a half day. You will be taken in with a group of people and measured (so its no use lying about your height). Ou are then taken I to a room and told about the company and are asked to fill out forms. The questions on the forms include things like do you have any visible tattoos? You are then split into 2 or more groups and taken i to a room. You are then given a group task and are asked to do a presentation. You will then be asked to read from a card, as if making an announcement. You are then taken into a room for an individual interview. You will then wait between1day and a week for a reply.

Interview Questions
    • I had to answer questions on myself and customer service.   View Answer

EMEA Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways in January 2010.

Couple of phone interviews, then asked to prepare a ppt presentation on how I would hunt new sales leads if I landed the job. I used the VAA template which made a good impression. Was asked to come to their base next to Gatwick airport, but at my own expense (flew from Madrid). Offices are gorgeous and stylish, staff is typically british and nice.

Interview Questions
    • The usuals... What would you change in your past, what is your best achievement and how did you get it...   Answer Question

Salary was too low, esp. for the cost of living in London, as most of their offers (but some very senior positions) are from the job offers I receive via email.

Facilities Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways in August 2010.

Online Application, Email follow up, Phone Call, Interview and a week later Final Decision.
    Interview was very simple. Basic questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a good fit for this position, and what can you bring to Virgin?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Interna Audit Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways in July 2010.

It was a very informal and easy-goining interview, where they asked me about my past work experience in internal audit, and a few competency based questions.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways in July 2007.

I had a pre-screening interview with HR to verify that it was worth conducting a full interview. The full interview was done in two phases - first they ran through the job function in a casual call. Then we got back on the phone a few days later and did a formal interview where I was asked to frame myself in the context of the job.

A lot of things were promised from their end that I would be wary of when considering an offer. Flex time, work life balance promise, etc are all put on the table, but inside, you'll find that none of these things happen. When you travel internationally, for example, even if you lose part of your weekend for work travel, you are expected back in the office at 9am the day after you arrive back, even if you landed at midnight.

Interview Questions
    • From looking at your resume, you don't seem to have any of the experience we are looking for. Why should we bother continuing the interview process with you.   Answer Question
    The offer made was lower than what I expected and they refused to negotiate even a dollar of the offer. They refused to pay relocation fees as my job wasn't considered sufficiently senior. I know others have had some negotation success, so I would recommend staying firm. The HR team here works to bring employees in at a rock bottom salary, rather than bringing them in at a compromised level where the employee remains satisfied by compensation. Once inside, there is almost no room for salary improvement.