Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.8

Clinic Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview one week later. Relatively easy and low pressure. They actually spend more time telling me about the organization than asking me about myself.

Medical Assistant- Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Lynnwood, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. The lady was nice and just asked relatively simple questions at first about skill level, experience, etc. However, I would suggest thinking about your last or current jobs. Recall situations where you were in a confrontation of sorts and how you handled it or had to use your communication skills, etc. Knowing how to explain ways in which you handle stressful situations is good too! Also, I had to give examples of times I went above and beyond at work. They are hard questions if your a modest person. I didn't get the job because a few of these questions caught me off-guard but I do feel better prepared for next time!

Interview Questions

• Give examples of times I went above and beyond at work...   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Initial interview by phone, in person interview sat up that day for four days later. Heard back about decision to move forward with background/reference checks two days after the in person interview. Background completed within a week with lots of communication from recruiters about the status of the checks. Job offered by phone and offer letters sent out. Best part of the process was the speediness and the communication from recruiters. Entire process from application to start day was about a month. Fastest process I've ever experienced for a patient care position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very pleased with the offer I received and did not want to negotiate

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions

• None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. They conducted an initial phone interview, followed by a one on one interview, then a panel interview. The most challenging part of the process was the panel interview, in which they asked a variety of questions, related more specially to the job itself

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Was called once by HR and told I would make $23/hr so I said no thanks. Then got called a couple months later asking again if I wanted to interview. I did, and they then offered me $26.70/hr (don't think they knew they had previously called). Got hired, then it took another 6 weeks or so until I could actually start.

Interview Questions

• typical dietitian interview questions -- "tell me about a time when such-and-such happened and describe your response."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I asked for a higher wage and they said no.

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted via email based on a job I applied for on-line. The interview process was fairly easy in that I quickly progressed from an initial interview to a panel interview and a decision was made shortly afterwards. The length of time came when it went to HR, and that took another six weeks to get everything squared away before I could begin work. Too long.

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely behavioral and scenario based. Nothing really difficult or tricky, a straight forward group of people.   Answer Question

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.