Visa Inc.

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2009.

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

New Grad Program Interview

Interview process extremely disorganized and constantly left in the dark. I attended a career fair and talked to a recruiter about my interest in the New Grad Program. I had already applied on my school's career site. She calls me that night inviting me in for an early interview to see if I would be a good fit. I go in for that interview, which went very well, and talked to 2 people who had very little knowledge of the program itself. Not sure why I was speaking to them in the first place. I also wasn't sure if the early interview was a pre-screen or an actual first round interview; this was not made clear to me at all. After that, I was not kept informed of the timeline and was basically left out to dry, confused as to where I was in the process.

I emailed the recruiter I spoke to for a follow up but the email bounced. After checking LinkedIn, I find that the recruiter had left Visa right in the middle of recruitment season for another job. She had been at Visa for only 5 months before jumping ship... again, a horrible reflection of Visa. It must be terrible to work there.

I interviewed with Visa the year before as well for an internship but declined the second round interview because I had already accepted another offer. They took 2 months to get back to me between the first and second round. Extremely disappointing. Visa has a terrible recruitment team and if the HR team reflects on the company at all, it's not somewhere I would like to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, purely conversational and getting to know your personality.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back

Senior Software Engineer Interview

good analytic skills required and need very deep knowledge on JAVA, Spring and hibernates. Collections, Multithreading and JVM process will be helpful. Work experience challenges and how was it resolved and whats your part in it.

Intern Interview

Not difficult, all basic questions. There are two interviews. One is with the HR and the other one is with the manager. Most of the questions are basic questions like describe your past project experience or work experience.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I was granted an interview through the referral program. Their new offices are very nice and modern and located on the 3rd floor. Met with 4 different decision makers in the company. They ask behavioral questions and judge how compatible you will be with the team. Casual type atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions are about multitasking and how you access it.   Answer Question

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions
    • How can we improve our recruiting process?   View Answer

Staff QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I had around more than 10 Round of Interview all are 1 :1 with the team and hiring manager.. its an excellent Hiring process they are having.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2014.

Though campus recruitment. Talked with the campus recruiter in the on-campus career fair and got a quick interview a day after. Most questions are behavioral questions. I don't think I behave really well...so...

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare very well on the question, "describe the biggest challenge you've encountered and how you dealt with it".   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I work in New York and applied for a position in Singapore as I was looking to move to Asia. I had an initial HR screen on phone and then 3 more interviews on phone - 2 business leaders and 1 HR leader from Asia. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Phone interviews can be challenging but they went really well. The questions were about my background, why Visa, why the role, fit assessment, etc. There were no technical questions and I thought I had done quite well. Got great feedback from all the interviewers.

I followed up 2 weeks after initial interviews and I got a reply saying I wasn't selected for the final round as they thought even though I had good experience, when it came to business advisory experience, knowledge of the Asia region etc there were other stronger candidates. I was surprised to hear that as I was not asked a single question about either of the above topics so the judgement was made without actually testing those much.

In the end it felt a bit disappointing as I felt I wasn't given a fair shot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Perhaps the one that made me think a bit was what I would do in the first 60 days   View Answer