Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (London, England) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

University Recruiting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied online via the career website and was contacted by the Recruiter about a week later. The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Recruiter, then HM, and finally on-site interviews with the team in their Foster City office. The entire process took about 4 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I dropped a resume at the career fair. Talked to a manager at the career fair and he kept my resume and told me he would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later for an on site interview with an engineer. Standard process of exchanging introductions and a technical interview

Interview Questions

• If you have student names and test scores return the k students who scored the highest   Answer Question

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I received a phone interview after online application. It was followed by an interview and a final panel interview (a panel of three). For the interviews there were mostly motivational, behavioral questions and some standard resume questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Five rounds of interviews. First telephonic, second an online coding round, after which three rounds of on-site interviews. Two of which are technical, one managerial/HR round. One technical interview focused on algorithmic knowledge while the other one was technical experience related.
    All rounds are relatively moderate in difficulty. Depends on the interviewer who takes the interview.

Interview Questions

• Related to previous work experience and projects in university education   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Very relaxed, laid back. Was asked about experience, past interactions with groups, and some brain teasers. Interview process was mainly behavioral however there were some technical questions. Emphasis was placed more heavily upon if you would be a good fit for the company. Overall I found the interview process enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled group members who were hard to work with?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

First, a telephonic interview mostly dealing with algorithms and data structures, in a language of your choice, as mentioned in Resume.
    My preference was Java.
    The Interview went on for about 45 mins, it was more like discussion where the interviewer expected you to know how hashtables work, if hashtables are the best data structure for the given situation.

Most think it is, but we need to talk about conflicts and conflict resolution.

Alternate data structures like trees should be considered.

The second round was an online quiz test. Depending upon ur degree, the difficulty of the quiz is determined I believe.

Didnt go as I had wanted. Few questions were on data structures, mcqs. Then two coding questions.
    One was straightforward, required efficient use of a data structure. Second question was unexpectedly on dynamic programming which I was not able to code.

Imp - Be very very familiar with the hackerrank environment. They allow you to code in your IDE and you can later copy paste into the browser, but make sure you are properly reading the input. Secondly, make sure you submit the answer, even if its wrong or incomplete.

Interview Questions

• Can I use hash tables all the time for fast search operations ?   1 Answer

University Recruiting Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen and then an in-person interview. In the in-person interview I sat down with several staff members. The team was extremely friendly. The were very transparent about the challenges and opportunities with the role and the department. The whole interview process felt very conversational not transactional. Seemed like a great place to work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

It was pretty easy. General architectural questions. Explained server technologies and general coding approaches to them. I did it on the phone and then spent a week being evaluated on the job as I began working. Which I prefer anyway. Showed them how I coded, how much I knew about servers and shell scripting and how I did at setting up other technologies for them and for the project. They also were evaluating how I interacted with a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do certain frameworks?   1 Answer