Visa Inc.

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2009.

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

contacted by recruiter for an on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes with all behavior questions. I have a good chat with them, the interviewers were friendly and nice. After I answered their questions, they gave me 5 minutes for asking about them. 1 month later, I got an email saying that I was not considered for the internship

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

3 rounds
    1 telephonic-mostly sorting algorithms, working of stacks queues, asked 2 questions- a number most repeating num from 1-100
    2 hackerrank online coding- 3 sections, 1st mcq(ask time complexities of codes),2nd and 3rd programming quest
    3 onsite technical- will ask a sorting algorithm or basics about programming

Interview Questions
    • given a fraction, reduce it to smallest fraction possible. Example: 12/15-->4/5   Answer Question
    • what would be the complexity of given gode--> will have a code with at most two for loops   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What does the garbage collector do in Java?   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview. I talked to an HR rep over the phone and one of the hiring managers in person. He asked mainly behavioral questions, but was very condescending. He looked at my resume as well and asked questions based on activities and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interviewed with them and never heard back about what would happen next, even after sending an email two weeks later and then another a month later. Would have preferred being told I didn't get the job or that I was still being considered, but months later I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Various questions on my classes, what I wanted to do, and what the job was.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was interviewed for the 1st round. Got a call from career fair. The interview was scheduled at the university itself. Didn't get any further calls. Received a mail about reject.

Interview Questions
    • Given two link list find whether they are connected or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Approached through university career fair. Got call for an interview for two days later. Interview was overall resume based. Asked about most interesting thing I have done in computer science since I was introduced to computers. Mostly emphasized on getting to know my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Project that I did other than for academics that I am proud of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

I applied through campus. There was an online exam initially which consisted of 2 coding questions and 6 mc rounds.
    Then there were 3 rounds of f2f interviews done back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Project was the most crucial thing to get selected.
      Palindrome of a string.
      JOIN queries in MySql, normal forms in DBMS.

View Answer