WMS Gaming

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2011.

Interview Details One phone interview and then 3 more face - face interviews

Interview Question – Nothing very unexpected   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details Relaxed

Interview Question – There were no real technical tests or questions.   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Artist
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2010.

Interview Details No help here cause the ones that hired me are now gone. However like any place looking up the history of the company always helps.

Interview Question – If your brain was a color what color would it be?   View Answer

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in November 2013.

Interview Details I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Question – They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2013.

Interview Details The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2013.

Interview Details Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Question – I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation because it's an internship.

Director Interview

Director
Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2009.

Interview Details HR conducts the first interview. After that, their are interviews with management and your direct reports. You also have to pass a drug test.

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate for the offer and was able to get a small increase.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Associate Interview

Cedar Falls, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details Process took a lot longer than it should have due to so many levels of people who have to approve everything. The interview was laid-back with some simple technological questions.

Interview Question – How much do you know about computers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no chance given to negotiate, the offer was take it or leave it.

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Interview Details 4 rounds ... and after 3 months got offer.
Only 15% hike

Interview Question – How soon can you join in 15 days   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 2010

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WMS Gaming in January 2013.

Interview Details Presentation - Recruiters gave a presentation about the company.
1st round: Aptitude test (Technical - 30 Ques in 35 mins & Programming Test of 70 mins, 3 programs)
2nd Round: Technical Interview at their office, Mostly C++ questions, ques related to Project and Core Subjects
3rd Round: HR Interview, questions on Background and even Technical Questions

Interview Question – Tell one quality which is unique to you?
The previous question was on Strengths which I answered. But they answered that these are what we always get. So tell us something Unique.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at WMS Gaming

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WMS Gaming interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by WMS Gaming employees and interview candidates.