WNS

Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Round
    1- aptitude (easy 20 question)
    2- online test( merger case study Bit difficult)
    3- manager interview (ask u about finance terms of merger and ur previous work exp and on ur resume, if u clear this round chances are more to get selected, be confident)
    4- telephonic round
    5- Hr round( easy)

Interview Questions
    • What is private equity?
      Do we add or subtract depreciation in cash flow ? give reason..?
      What is buyout..? Leaverage and management?
      Difference between debt and equity...?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Mergers Profile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WNS in January 2015.

This profile was for mba finance. 1st round was aptitude test. Was really easy. 2nd round was online mergers test, was difficult. 3rd round was with manager.
    But package was very low. & need to sign 2 yrs bond.

Interview Questions

Salary offered is very less 2.5 lacs fixed 50000 variable. 2 yrs bond. Growth is limited.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at WNS.

There is one basic HR round, after which you are put to Technical Round. First a telephonic round with HR followed by face to face technical at company premises. This process will take 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Be very precise in what you are doing in your current role and justify thoroughly   Answer Question
    You need to negotiate a lot and stick with your demand.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in December 2014.

Initial filtering happened through shortlisting candidates based on our resume, which narrowed down the students according to their auditorium capacity.

Aptitude round involved usual math and logical questions, we were not supervised and allowed to copy for the entire duration of the test, which meant everyone clearing the test. One of the most event less hour I wasted in my life.

Then group discussion by different panels with a dumb topic, unfortunately HR weren't involved. conducted by team leads and each groups faced different level of assessments.

Finally few were shortlisted, rest were asked to leave. Interview took place after few hours. They were arrogant and wanting to prove us wrong during the whole interview process.

In between they had some more time, then those dumbwits started calling those who got rejected after group discussion to come back to the company and give their interviews.

They were calling us research analysts to do some copy paste and updation works in Microsoft excel.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a researcher and an analyst?   Answer Question
    • I don't fricking care about your past work experience, what did you study in your MBA?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst (M & A) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS.

First Round was aptitude test which was very easy
    second Round was online financial test which includes M and A case studies bit difficult
    If u clears 2 rounds than last round will be PI

because of low compensation and 2 year bond

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WNS.

Hiring is based on requirement to specific process. Hiring starts with HR round, then a technical SME will check ur skills. Next round is generally by Sr. Group manager. If u have average tech skills and good communication, there is a really good chance they will hire you.

Very good experience.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in September 2014.

After waiting about 4 hours they finally call me for 1st round
    1st round - HR interview round that was easy
    2nd round - Finance test (ratio)
    3rd round - Manager round that was also easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WNS in September 2014.

I applied through employee referral. the process took two days.first round was HR round second was online test based on financial concepts. third round was AM round again fourth round was manager round. After that they said me that i just need to clear one more round to get an offer letter. the last Round was VP round. I got a coll from HR that my last Round(VP round) is scheduled and if get shortlisted i will get an offer letter and i have to join the company from the next day.
    I went for the last round firstly the AVP took my technical round after that i was interviewed by VP she said that they will col me after 1 week to update about the results.

After 3 days i got to know from my friend who is working over there that the hiring is on hold now.
    It was really pathetic that even after giving 6 rounds how can they hold the hirings.Such a big waste of time..

Accountant, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in August 2014.

The interview had 3 rounds:
    1. HR round- this was a basic round with a test of the communication skills and AR, AP and GL. Was asked to tell the 3 main accounting rules. The next was package negotiation (the reason why I opted out). The HR was considerate to call up her Head and ask for a hike in the pacakge offered but wasof no avail so i chose to opt out.

2. Apti Round:

3. Opeartions Round: To be taken by the Process Managers: Mainly based on AR, AP and GL as i was told by their HR.

Low renumeration

Research Associate- Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at WNS in August 2014.

I got to know of walk-ins for research associate finance at WNS through Naukri.com. The walk ins were scheduled from 12th august to 27th august. I went on 24th August. After registering myself on their job portal I had to wait for nearly an hour for the initial screening by an HR executive. This process was random. A guy and I were called in together. The hr asked me to introduce myself. I did. She then asked me about my salary expectation which I told her. She then told me that they cannot give me the salary that I am expecting to which I said for now it's fine (sine I have a gap of 9 months in my profile). She then asked me to wait. After waiting for an hour I was called for another round of interview. During this interview, I came to know that the profile for which the interview was taking place was not the one which I had come for. They were conducting interviews for talent analysis associate. I was then asked to wait n meet the hr who first interviewed me. After waiting for another half an hour I spoke to that hr and she told me to wait. She then came after nearly half an hour and told me that the position that I had come for got closed. Had she taken the initial interview properly I wouldn't have had to wait and spoil my entire day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such... The initial hr screening was not upto the mark   Answer Question