WNS

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at WNS.

I was called for an interview at the Gurgaon office . Was there at 9, to my surprise no one showed up until 9:45 so I just sat there like a fool. Then my contact person comes in and had no idea of how to handle things, for a moment I was told there'd be a written test, then it was called off. There was chaos all around, I was made to run from floor to floor and nobody had any clue what was going on. I told them that I had another Interview and so wanted to wrap things up quickly here, after which I was taken to there Operations floor (had to submit my mobile). And finally two guys took my interview. They had no coherence or co-ordination and one was not letting the other speak...constant interruption. The asked me what I was expecting interms of salary to which I said I wanted a 30% raise from my last job, they asked if it was negotiable I politely said no. To my surprise a SLA (bond) pops up for a period of 2 years. I was not informed of this earlier and took me by surprise, I said i was not ready. Things became pretty obvious then.

Financial Analyst Interview

Round
    1- aptitude (easy 20 question)
    2- online test( merger case study Bit difficult)
    3- manager interview (ask u about finance terms of merger and ur previous work exp and on ur resume, if u clear this round chances are more to get selected, be confident)
    4- telephonic round
    5- Hr round( easy)

Interview Questions
    • What is private equity?
      Do we add or subtract depreciation in cash flow ? give reason..?
      What is buyout..? Leaverage and management?
      Difference between debt and equity...?

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in January 2015.

HR round, aptitude test, followed by technical round.
    if selected, then the VP round.
    Long waiting in between the interviews.
    Takes whole day.
    If selected in technical round, they will call you the next day for the VP round

Financial Analyst Mergers Profile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at WNS in January 2015.

This profile was for mba finance. 1st round was aptitude test. Was really easy. 2nd round was online mergers test, was difficult. 3rd round was with manager.
    But package was very low. & need to sign 2 yrs bond.

Interview Questions

Salary offered is very less 2.5 lacs fixed 50000 variable. 2 yrs bond. Growth is limited.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at WNS.

There is one basic HR round, after which you are put to Technical Round. First a telephonic round with HR followed by face to face technical at company premises. This process will take 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Be very precise in what you are doing in your current role and justify thoroughly   Answer Question
    You need to negotiate a lot and stick with your demand.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in December 2014.

Initial filtering happened through shortlisting candidates based on our resume, which narrowed down the students according to their auditorium capacity.

Aptitude round involved usual math and logical questions, we were not supervised and allowed to copy for the entire duration of the test, which meant everyone clearing the test. One of the most event less hour I wasted in my life.

Then group discussion by different panels with a dumb topic, unfortunately HR weren't involved. conducted by team leads and each groups faced different level of assessments.

Finally few were shortlisted, rest were asked to leave. Interview took place after few hours. They were arrogant and wanting to prove us wrong during the whole interview process.

In between they had some more time, then those dumbwits started calling those who got rejected after group discussion to come back to the company and give their interviews.

They were calling us research analysts to do some copy paste and updation works in Microsoft excel.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a researcher and an analyst?   Answer Question
    • I don't fricking care about your past work experience, what did you study in your MBA?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst (M & A) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS.

First Round was aptitude test which was very easy
    second Round was online financial test which includes M and A case studies bit difficult
    If u clears 2 rounds than last round will be PI

because of low compensation and 2 year bond

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WNS.

Hiring is based on requirement to specific process. Hiring starts with HR round, then a technical SME will check ur skills. Next round is generally by Sr. Group manager. If u have average tech skills and good communication, there is a really good chance they will hire you.

Very good experience.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WNS in September 2014.

After waiting about 4 hours they finally call me for 1st round
    1st round - HR interview round that was easy
    2nd round - Finance test (ratio)
    3rd round - Manager round that was also easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WNS in September 2014.

I applied through employee referral. the process took two days.first round was HR round second was online test based on financial concepts. third round was AM round again fourth round was manager round. After that they said me that i just need to clear one more round to get an offer letter. the last Round was VP round. I got a coll from HR that my last Round(VP round) is scheduled and if get shortlisted i will get an offer letter and i have to join the company from the next day.
    I went for the last round firstly the AVP took my technical round after that i was interviewed by VP she said that they will col me after 1 week to update about the results.

After 3 days i got to know from my friend who is working over there that the hiring is on hold now.
    It was really pathetic that even after giving 6 rounds how can they hold the hirings.Such a big waste of time..