WNS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at WNS.

Hiring is based on requirement to specific process. Hiring starts with HR round, then a technical SME will check ur skills. Next round is generally by Sr. Group manager. If u have average tech skills and good communication, there is a really good chance they will hire you.

Very good experience.

Research Associate- Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person - interviewed at WNS in August 2014.

I got to know of walk-ins for research associate finance at WNS through Naukri.com. The walk ins were scheduled from 12th august to 27th august. I went on 24th August. After registering myself on their job portal I had to wait for nearly an hour for the initial screening by an HR executive. This process was random. A guy and I were called in together. The hr asked me to introduce myself. I did. She then asked me about my salary expectation which I told her. She then told me that they cannot give me the salary that I am expecting to which I said for now it's fine (sine I have a gap of 9 months in my profile). She then asked me to wait. After waiting for an hour I was called for another round of interview. During this interview, I came to know that the profile for which the interview was taking place was not the one which I had come for. They were conducting interviews for talent analysis associate. I was then asked to wait n meet the hr who first interviewed me. After waiting for another half an hour I spoke to that hr and she told me to wait. She then came after nearly half an hour and told me that the position that I had come for got closed. Had she taken the initial interview properly I wouldn't have had to wait and spoil my entire day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such... The initial hr screening was not upto the mark   Answer Question

Accountant, Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at WNS in August 2014.

The interview had 3 rounds:
    1. HR round- this was a basic round with a test of the communication skills and AR, AP and GL. Was asked to tell the 3 main accounting rules. The next was package negotiation (the reason why I opted out). The HR was considerate to call up her Head and ask for a hike in the pacakge offered but wasof no avail so i chose to opt out.

2. Apti Round:

3. Opeartions Round: To be taken by the Process Managers: Mainly based on AR, AP and GL as i was told by their HR.

Low renumeration

Lead Associate - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at WNS in February 2012.

There is no hiring criteria. Communication skills aren't considered while selecting a candidate. Designation is distributed like a candy and act like a sweet trap for potential candidates. But they get to know the reality after joining the organization. My Team Structure was. 1 Process Owner - 1 Group Manager - 12 Deputy Managers - 14 Assistant Managers - 4 Lead Associates (I was one of them) - 2 Senior Associate.

This structure is even worse in some of the teams. In my team a Deputy Manager was managing a team of 4 other Deputy Managers and all of them were more tenured then the person who was managing them. The Group Manager of my team had to fight with the Process Owner to get some direct reportees. She got direct reporting of some people after 1.5 years of becoming the Group Manager.

They will force you to join at the earliest and willingly offer a buy out option but at the time you are leaving the organization they won't allow you to buy the notice period and you have to serve a full Notice of "2 Months" without any exceptions. They have the same duration of notice period even for the Associate Level Employees.

Some of you may find my updates a bit weird but these are all true words and an honest review.

They start the negotiation with 15% hike and can go upto maximum of 25% hike on your Fixed CTC (excluding Bonus or Variable). 25% is for those who are really lucky or in case a team really wants to fill the position at the earliest.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WNS in August 2014.

1st round was normal Aptitude round
    ie: English exam and Logical reasoning

2nd round was Online exam, Which was time consuming
    ie: Excel use, Online reference and interpreting the data available online

3rd round was HR round
    Normal background consulting.

4th round was With operations manager.

Interview Questions
    • Online exam was a test to understand your excel skills and also your searching n understanding the material available capacity. it was really time consuming.   View Answer
    • Cant say most difficult but, one of the questions asked was, "Do we add or subtract depreciation in cash flow and if we add or subtract, why do we do so?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WNS in July 2014.

4 rounds of interview
    1) skill test(english and reasoning which is very easy)
    2)introduction interview(formal questions which is based on internship or project done)
    3)online test(based on merger and aquisition case study)
    4)HR round

Interview Questions
    • online test is difficult, technical questions based on financial ratios, and other financial terms.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WNS in May 2010.

The hiring and interview process consists of two rounds of test which includes Aptitude Test and Technical Test. Technical interview is done based on the score in aptitude and technical tests. The candidate needs to clear the technical interview and HR interview in order to get the offer.

Senior Associate (Operations) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at WNS in February 2013.

No. of interviews depends upon the teams considering you. The managers from different teams take the interview either together or sequentially. These interviews may not be organised properly and you might have to sit for the entire day. Telephonic interviews for outstation candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such, but be ready for questions from anywhere from finance.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WNS.

Fair process. Mainly technical question and apptitude questions . you will fair through if you have a sound technical knowledge . Interview in this company is a quick process , they will acess you whole

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WNS in April 2014.

Received a call from the HR. 1st round is a test of internet search, analytical skill test. 2 nd round is a just experience check round. 3rd round, the interview was taken by the Manager and the last round by the VP.

Interview Questions
    • The profile was for business research but most of the questions are from Financial Research.   Answer Question

Worked for WNS? Contribute to the Community!