Wachovia Interview Questions & Reviews

109 interviews

2.9

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions
    • This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   View Answer
    No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interview. after initial phone discussion with hiring manager, went onsite to meet with technical lead, other business manager and the group head.

Loan Processor Interview

I had one face to face interview with the hiring manager and two current department employees. The interview included several standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty simple

Construction Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia.

First interview was through a recruiter over the phone. Very basic questions. 2nd interview was by the department head and was a thorough but basic question interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions other the standard tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

structure style interview. situation - action - result

Interview Questions
    • lenghthy interview - questions are job related and exemples must be real life experience   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation - flixed salary - take or leave it

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2008.

Interview process went pretty fast. The first interview was conducted over the phone and only took a few mins. I was able to do the phone interview while at work. The second and final interview was done at a local Wachovia Bank and was 1:1 with typical interview questions such as how do you do under pressure?

Interviewee was very nice gentleman who at the time was at the office downtown and didn't do many interviews. He no longer works for the company but was a very energetic fun loving character.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have had to handle, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question
    I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).

Regional Vice President Sales Management Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2008.

Interviews are pre screened by HR dept many times bedfore getting to hiring manager in certain cases in others if the hiring maanger wants you he will "arrange" the process t get you hired a good thing friendlly .. They are a regulated bank so expect very heavy background investigation so do not omitt or exclude anything they should be aware of ...never embelissh your resume o education...it may get you fired later on

Licensed Financial Specialist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia.

Best to go to an Open House. Then a one on one subsequently. Then an on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of your persuasion of a client.   View Answer
    You can only negotiate within a range.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!