Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

First, you will do an application either online or in store on the computer. There are no paper applications. Next, you have to go to a location to do a skills assessment. Ask for a manager and let them know you are there for a skills assessment. If possible, speak to the STORE MANAGER after you do the skills assessment so they can put a face to the application.The interview is now a behavioral one. Management is supposed to give same exact interview for all candidates. Do an internet search for Behavioral Interview questions for practice. You can apply for any entry level position. You do not need prior experience with photo equipment, beauty supplies or pharmacy knowledge. They do all the training for these positions, so aim high! If you have previous management experience definitely apply for the SFL, shift lead, key holder (whatever they are calling it now) position. You will have opportunity to advance if you do well. Pay attention during training and please don't act like you already know everything. Be prepared to work any holiday. You won't have to work all (in a fair store), but will definitely be expected to work some. If you have a family, I would think long and hard about how you would rather spend your holidays. If you can avoid working for a company that is open on holidays I would do so. If you are hired, make sure you let management know if and when you want to advance and be persistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    I interviewed a LONG time ago for entry level. There was no negotiation.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

Submit an application online via Walgreens' website and locate your store by zip code. Within two weeks time complete the assessment half of the application in the store. Afterwards the store manager will typically contact the applicant by phone and hold the interview in the store office. On occasion the assistant manager may interview applicants as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate the effectiveness of your customer care methods?   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

I was called within 24 hours of filling out my online application. Because the manager was short handed we had the initial interview on the floor. The executive assistant manager (hiring manager) reviewed my scores and my profile and we did the one on one at the Photo Department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about photography and developing digital photo?   View Answer
    There was not any negotiating. the position was an entry level position with out any verifiable experience.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winona, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2012.

You have to work your way up from Store Team Lead - very little hourly pay for job requirements. After STL position, than you have to apply for Assistant Team Lead which is at least a 1 year training that requires classroom training at District office. If you successful pass this then you are up for Team Leader which is a salaried position. After several years of this you might get the opportunity to be promoted to store manager.

Interview Questions
    • depends on the month - they can only ask 6 questions that change every month and they grade you on how well you respond to the questions.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2010.

Walgreens sent representatives to our pharmacy school for 'career day.' I interviewed with a man for about 10-15 minutes. About 1-2 weeks later I received an email from the district manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario in which the customer was irate and upset, how do you handle it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate salary because the number of jobs was outnumbered by the number of pharmacist intern applicants.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

Applied online, had to answer multiple choice questions about your personality. Got a call the next day to come in and take another test online in-store. Basic math questions and how to deal with customers. Received another call later that day saying they wanted to me to come in and talk to a manager about the position. The manager basically said what would be expected of me, base pay, and some other things i've forgotten.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

I got called in for the first interview almost one day after I completed the in-store assessment test. The interview was short and sweet, standard questions about how I would handle stressful situations or angry customers etc. I did not get the job the first time (I was only 16 at the time and they needed someone who was 17 or older for legal reasons) but the day I turned 17, I got another phone call and had basically the same interview with both the store manager and another regular manager. I got hired on the spot and started work the next day. I did training simulations for the first few days and then was trained briefly in photo and front register. After less than a day of hands on training, I was sent off on my own on front register.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions but they had me describe how I handled a few random situations similar to what I would face in the workplace; I had never had a job before and I was homeschooled, so the teamwork questions were a bit difficult   View Answer
    no negotiation, they told me I would start with minimum wage and that was that.

Beauty Advisor Walgreens Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Very quick , submitted online application , called within 36 hrs and interviewed within 48 hrs. easy questions.passed drug test and was hired within 5 days of application. very pleasant experience.

Photo Lab Operator Interview

interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

They asked situational based behavioral questions. IT was a round robin style with six different people in three different interviewing rooms. The questions were all intense and they were looking for me to use example scenarios to explain my answers. If I was unable to answer to the questions for their clarity, they always asked follow-up or more probing questions to better understand my role in these scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what actions did you take? What are your strengths and opportunities? Tell me about a time when you had a personal conflict with a peer and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time when you had to give upward feedback to a supervisor.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Was hired through a friend so it was not an actual job that was posted or that I intended to stay at for any specific length of time. I was filling in for a position I had no experience or knowledge of and believe that if there had been more information prior to my acceptance of the job offer I would have negotiated for more than the wage that was accepted.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!