Walgreens

Average Difficulty
843 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician (Not Certified) Interview

Pharmacy Technician (Not Certified)
Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details did app online and got a call the very next day. i originally applied for a cashier customer service position. after going in to finish the in store assessment questions i was offered a higher paying position(pharmacy tech)

Interview Question – no questions where unexpected. the manager doing my interview was laid back and made the interview process go verry easy and smoothly.he was super friendly and made me feel like i was apart of the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – manager who origanlly did my interview offered me 10.95. becuase my something was wrong with my app i had to do it all over. the second time i came in the store manger only offered me 10.00. i told him of my previous offer and he told me " this is what im offdering, do you want the job or not?" i was mad and felt belittled, but i took the job because ive been unemployeed for a while and need one. i know now to get EVERYTHING in writting.

Store Team Lead Interview

Store Team Lead

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details Basic what would you do questions. They don't care about answers, just answer every part of queation. Usually a 3 part question. They just want to see if you follow directions by answering all parts

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. As I stated just make sure to answer all parts. Name a time when, what did you do, what was the outcome. Other than that you must be available nights weekends and holidays. You will work all of these and every holiday.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Walgreens Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details No questions really because of my past work experience. Although I have talked to others and they had many questions and more than one manager present. Very laid back atmosphere for me. I have seen others apply and dress in very casual attire, some jeans, which got hired and I was very surprised. Most of the interview is really the test that a prospective applicant takes for final consideration. It was not timed which I did not know so I rushed though it but passed.

Interview Question – What hours are you interested in working?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Every cashier starts at 8.25 hr.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I got an interview thanks to an employee referral, so my experience my be different compared to others who regularly apply. Not to many interview questions were asked I just took a required skills test. As long as you pass the skills and drug test you're in.

Interview Question – The skills test asked scenario and common sense questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I applied for this position on a whim, not knowing for sure whether they were hiring or not. The very next morning I got a call from the manager inviting me to come by the store to complete an assessment on their computer. Half of the assessment were multiple choice behavior-related questions (along the lines of "what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?", etc.) The other half consisted of math questions, some of which were exteremely basic, but the others- not so much. I was lucky I have brought a calculator with me, because it really came in handy for the " make change with the least number of bills/coins possible". The numbers in those questions were completely random, like $63.07 and $34.92, and I haven't had to practice mental math like that since my elementary school years.
The manager checked my assessment score right away, told me I did excellent, and scheduled me for an interview at a later date. However, I was already getting strong vibes that I would be hired, because she already started discussing with me specificaly what days and hoe many hours I'd be able to work, and seemed very excited that I was interested in the job.
The interview was very casual. The manager mostly just asked me to elaborate on some things I have mentioned on my application, and asked about my availability. She then said she was ready to hire me, and got me to electronically sign some more documents on the store computer, basically confirming that I accepted the job offer. The last step was just doing the drug test.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?/ The math questions (BRING A CALCULATOR!)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Assistant Manager (MGT)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Interview Details The process involved a Kenexa skills test and then a following interview with a manager. Very straightforward interview with standard questions like what do you know about our company and how you resolved a situation of conflict with another employee. References were asked for at the end of the interview and a phone call was given a couple days after.

Interview Question – What do you consider your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Reimbursement Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details Saw the ad for job opening on Walgreens website and applied online. Received a phone within an hour to set up an interview for the next day. Interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable of infusion billing. Walgreens provided a intensive training to get started. Overall I was happy with the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell how you handled your most difficult patient collection call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Walgreens offer was higher than my pay at the time. Good benefits and perks.

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

Walgreens Service Clerk
Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2011.

Interview Details interview, hired on the spot. Have to take tests that are outdated. System is outdated. Management is poor. Sometimes don't know what there doing. Tasks they give you can be tedious but not difficult.

Interview Question – Tell us a little about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
La Mirada, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Interview Details Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Question – Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   View Answer

HEALTHGUIDE Interview

HEALTHGUIDE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details Simple retail questions about readability. You are interviewed by Store manager. Standard interview questions, about strengths and weaknesses. Interview is done directly through store, no phone, in-person.

Interview Question – Ability to deal with difficult peers   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!