Walmart

Average Difficulty
151 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details They do two interviews in one day in person. First with lower managers and then with an assistant store manager and one of the same managers from the first interview. The questions are the same for both interviews. Really nothing to worry about. They ask about how you handle yourself in certain situations so make sure you have brainstormed a bit before. They ask situation based questions mostly. Such as name a time you worked towards a project with a deadline and met that deadline; name a time you failed and still persevered; and so on.

Interview Question – Name an instance when you helped someone improve.   View Answers (2)

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walmart in April 2010.

Interview Details I was asked basic questions...Tell me about a time you were asked to work with a team...how did you work with them...
At the time of my hire you interviewed with a department manager if they liked you then you interviewed with an assistant manager. I do not believe that is how the interview process works now though.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walmart in August 2010.

Interview Details the hiring went very well. Got the job, employee and customers were great to work with . always learning new things .its seems ruff to get 2 interviews for the same job position.

Interview Question – can a push a buggy full of groceries   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details They called me in for an interview and I was offered a job on the spot. After that they performed a background check and sent me to a lab to complete a drug test. After doing so, the lab sent off the test and said that Wal*Mart will call to set up an orientation time.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you had to relay a your view point to one who's differed than yours?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negioate

Salem, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, and was called in for an interview about a week later. Went in for the interview, and was interviewed by an associate, who just asked questions from a paper, and circled a number. She said I'd need another interview with her manager, and I could either schedule it for another day, or wait for him to arrive about 30 minutes later. I waited, and was then interviewed by an assistant manager. He asked more questions off a paper, and then asked me about myself. After the interview, he sent me to Personnel to complete a background and drug test. Less than a week later, I was called in for orientation! During that, I found out I was hired because I have open availability. So I guess that is pretty important to have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not any negotiating, you take what you're given. But I was given $0.40 per hour above minimum wage for an entry level position, so I'm not complaining. And they have pretty good benefits for part-time employees.

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details Interviewed by two human resources managers. They asked just basic questions, telling about yourself, best qualities, availability, other working experiences , etc. Idk what more to say, it was pretty basic

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details It was typical interview. They asked the 55 basic questions.
They really focus on how to handle angry customers and conflict resolution while still wanting you to maintain company policy.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question had to be How would you handle an customer who was trying to use an improper coupon but insisted that you were in the wrong?
I tried my best to remember the customer is always right yet company policy does not allow one to simply override the system.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Walmart

Interview Details Interview was typical background/tell me about yourself questions. Talked to hiring manager about the positions available and what kind of work I've done in the past. I submitted an application through the website and got called back two weeks later for an opening at a different location than I applied for.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple hiring process

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Walmart in January 2012.

Interview Details pleasant interview i was very at ease with the hiring personel they made it really easy for me to put my best effort to the task, i was able to make a great impression.

Interview Question – what are you plan to be in a year   Answer Question

Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Walmart.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. I was not as intimidated, they were really friendly and actually listened. They asked questions I could easily answer. They listened intently to what I was saying and actually paid attention. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!