WellPoint

141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Interview Details Don't get your hopes up. I went through the process TWICE with WellPoint, was told I was a final candidate, had several interviews, met several people, took time off work, juggled my schedule -- only to be told the position had been knocked down to a lower level and I was no longer a candidate. They seem super unorganized in relation to hiring.

Interview Question – How would you handle priorities always changing?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Interview Details The manager called me directly. I never had to deal with a recruiter screen. We had a pleasant conversation and talked about my skills and the role. I had an interview with a member of her team the following day. This interview was more technical and related to my specific skills. An offer was extended within a few days and was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. They asked specific questions about my skills and experience and I gave honest answers. They did not ask behavioral or personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was extended. I tried to negotiate, but was told the offer was already above market standards and was fair. That was very true, but it was still worth a shot. Wp pays extremely fair rates.

Clinical Program Director Interview

Clinical Program Director

Interviewed at WellPoint

Interview Details Interviewed and Hired over the phone with multiple people through out the country. Some of the interviews were groups of leaders that were wanting to see if I had what they needed. It was interesting in that I could not see them or facial reactions and had to go by tone of voice. Once I accepted it then took awhile to get all the paper work completed for the company the use called "Right Hire" - I was on vacation trying to complete everything they wanted. Did accomplish getting it done and hired while I was on vacation.

Interview Question – Most difficult was trying to understand they were wanting to put in a new program in my market and wanted someone with start up experience. Once I understood what they were looking for ite went very smoothly.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Interview Details hiring process seem quite simple one one on one interview with the company phone interview phone enactment. know how you east easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy easy

Consumer Service Associate Interview

Consumer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2014.

Interview Details I had originally applied for a lower-paying customer service role in Colorado. After you apply, you receive an email for a computer assessment. (within 2-3 days after applying) I passed the assessment and received an email to setup a phone interview with a recruiter. If you pass that, you receive an email if you'll be contacted. I was contacted by the hiring manager. During my interview with her, she recommended a position in Indianapolis that also paid 7 dollars more per hour. I had to do an assessment, and after completing the assessment I was pretty much guaranteed the job. I start on August 18th!

Interview Question – Explain a time you realized you had made a mistake, what you did that fixed it, and what you learned for the next time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was so happy with the process, I did not want to attempt to gain more money. Can't be too greedy!

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Interview Details Anthem has a "talent aquisition" team that acts as screeners for management and director jobs. Need to get by these people first before being forwarded on to the hiring manager. 30 minute phone interview with job specific questions as well as typical behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How would you describe your "brand". Why should we ire you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview Details It was an interesting interview process. It involved several rounds with several different people. From what I've heard there isn't necessarily a standard format between teams on how interviewing works.

Interview Question – what are your strengths?   Answer Question

Field Sales and Service Representative- Medicare Interview

Field Sales and Service Representative- Medicare

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview with a sales manager followed by phone interview with sales director. Knowledge questions were asked. Case scenarios were given to explain how one would handle it and would be one's response etc. Invited in for a face to face interview. Had an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of wiggle room in the negotiations but still flexible enough to increase original offer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and a week after I applied, I checked the status of my application. It stated "Hiring Manager Review". I received a call two days later stating that they wanted to do a phone screening first because they had a lot of people apply. I performed the phone screening one week later, and it consisted of the hiring manger and an employee that performs the job. They stated they would inform people of the decision to move on to the interview that Friday. I received a call, and was informed that I was selected to move forward with the in house interview, but they needed me to come that Monday. I went to the interview that Monday, and it was panel style. It was a general behavioral question interview. I felt at ease, and everyone on the panel was very nice. I however, received a call one week later stating that I was not chosen for the position, but that the manager was very impressed with me, and wanted to recommend me for another administrative assistant position for their department, but it was in another state. I declined because I was not looking to relocate. It was a kind gesture that I did appreciate, nonetheless.

Interview Question – Did any of your former co-workers find you unapproachable?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Customer Care Representative I
Overland Park, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in July 2013.

Interview Details It started off with a call from the recruiter in the Virginia office and then progressed to an in person interview in the OP office. The recruiter in VA did a lot of explaining and I listened a lot and in the in person interview I was the one that did the majority of the talking.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!