Wells Fargo

2,708 Interview Reviews

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Lengthy process of around 90 days with 6 rounds of interview and much procrastination, which showed a very risk-averse and over-cautious culture. This wasn't a senior job! The HR person didn't give feedback or updates for a month after all the interviews were done and I was at offer stage.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just a frustratingly long process and being left hanging in limbo for a month at offer stage made them look unprofessional.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Went for an interview in the city, was a very informal interview. No real technical questions were asked. The interviewer wanted to know more on my background and prvious work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to previous experiences, no major unexpected questions or unanswerable questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Phone and face to face interview; technical interview.

Job agency

Corporate Finance Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2008.

Eight 1-1 interviews back to back. Usually consists of personal background, plus a trickier question, such as: Out of the 3 financial statements which one do you think is the most important. Some other questions include: if you get stuck at night with a project and don't think you can meet the deadline, what would you do? Do a sales pitch right now on a product, say, this tombstone? etc.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

I got a phone call, saying that they want a phone interview. The questions were pretty similar to any other customer oriented job positions. "Give me an example of a customer who was unhappy with your service and how you overcame it." or "Give me an example of a successful customer service." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with specific example at the moment on the spot was pretty hard.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online & was asked to come for a group interview. Sales & goal related questions were asked.After about a week got an email saying i passed the group interview & will have a hiring manager call for second interview.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

It was very easy for me because I had previous banking experience. Questions on customer service and examples of sales. One of the advantages of working for Wells Fargo is that they will hire you without banking experience as long as you are confident, can proves your outstanding customer service experience in other industries and preferably sales.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any difficult questions, all a re very straight forward and job related.   View Answer
    I tried to get a better starting rate but Wells Fargo in NYC gives every one the same starting salary.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

You have to apply online and then if you pass a short online process you get to go to a group interview. This interview isn't with branch managers though it's with a hiring person. If you pass this interview you get to go to an interview at the branch level. Mine was a group interview with four branches present.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more and they said no, take it or leave it

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online had a email to schedule interview 3 days later. The first interview was a group style interview they put you on the spot in front of your peers, mostly to see how you handle stress.

Interview Questions
    • Same typical questions. It does seem like the most important one was, where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation I tried but they just said that's all they can do and once I've been with the company longer I'll get raises.