Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Lengthy process of around 90 days with 6 rounds of interview and much procrastination, which showed a very risk-averse and over-cautious culture. This wasn't a senior job! The HR person didn't give feedback or updates for a month after all the interviews were done and I was at offer stage.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just a frustratingly long process and being left hanging in limbo for a month at offer stage made them look unprofessional.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2011.

Interview Details Phone and face to face interview; technical interview.

Interview Question – Detailed question about payment systems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job agency

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2012.

Interview Details Went for an interview in the city, was a very informal interview. No real technical questions were asked. The interviewer wanted to know more on my background and prvious work experiences.

Interview Question – All questions were related to previous experiences, no major unexpected questions or unanswerable questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Corporate Finance

The process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2008.

Interview Details Eight 1-1 interviews back to back. Usually consists of personal background, plus a trickier question, such as: Out of the 3 financial statements which one do you think is the most important. Some other questions include: if you get stuck at night with a project and don't think you can meet the deadline, what would you do? Do a sales pitch right now on a product, say, this tombstone? etc.

Interview Question – Do a sales pitch right now on this product   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker
El Monte, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Interview Question – How do you upsell?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details After submitting application you will get an email with screening questions. They are really easy as they are based on how many years you have of experience of Customer service and selling experience. If you pass you will get a screen where you will be able to pick an interview time which will be conducted as a group.
Your group will be from anything from 5-10 max. people. You will get ask 3 questions such topics as customer service, selling goal and accomplishments.
If you pass your group interview then your information will be passed down to the branch you applied to. From there you will get a call to set up interview and well they will. have about 6questions. Then its up to the Branch manager to decide which candidate best fits his location. So good luck ! be relax and stay true to yourself

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above beyong for a customer?
What has been your biggest accomplishment? How did you do acheive it ? What was the outcome ?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details There were two interviews that took place. The first was a group interview at the HR office. There were 12 in the group I was in, all of us applied for a teller position, but at different locations. It was pretty simple, more of an introduction to the job than an interview. There were only five questions asked, all about previous experience and how you solve problems or overcome issues at work. From there, if selected to continue, a second interview takes place at the branch that wants to hire you with the manager and service managers. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking about experience and background, how you can contribute to sales to the branch, which is extremely important.

Interview Question – The biggest thing with Wells Fargo is sales, so be prepared to give examples of your past sales experience (if any) and how you would go about selling to customers.   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Phone interview to go over your resume. Second interview to go in depth with you, also more than one person. They will ask about everything from former jobs to personal preferences about work place. The hiring will put me at ease with their banter. All in all it was actually a fun interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult situation, and describe how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details I was part of a group interview process where a bunch of candidates were thrown in a room together. We were asked questions individually at first (pre-assessment) and then we went into another room where the senior management was for an actual interview. Last we were put into groups for a final question and answer session where someone asked a question and everyone took turns going around the table and answering.

Interview Question – What was your most memorable service experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...you either take it or leave it.

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Loan Servicing Specialist II
West Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2013.

Interview Details Got in person interview through a recruiting company. Easy to find where to go, and was met by friendly staff. Had a pleasant, light-hearted interview that focused on career aspirations and goals for the future, personally, and for a company to work with. Hiring process went fine. It was sped up because they really wanted to fill a hole. Once I got on the job I realized the hole was there because the job was a soul-sucking experience. Had to get out as soon as I was able.

Interview Question – What was a situation in which you felt that you were unable to handle a task, and what were the steps you took in reaction to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was first job out of college, so I didn't think to negotiate.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!