Wells Fargo Interview Questions

2,948 Interview Reviews

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo (London, England).

Interview

Lengthy process of around 90 days with 6 rounds of interview and much procrastination, which showed a very risk-averse and over-cautious culture. This wasn't a senior job! The HR person didn't give feedback or updates for a month after all the interviews were done and I was at offer stage.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just a frustratingly long process and being left hanging in limbo for a month at offer stage made them look unprofessional.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (London, England) in August 2012.

Interview

Went for an interview in the city, was a very informal interview. No real technical questions were asked. The interviewer wanted to know more on my background and prvious work experiences.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to previous experiences, no major unexpected questions or unanswerable questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo (London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone and face to face interview; technical interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Job agency

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2008.

Interview

Eight 1-1 interviews back to back. Usually consists of personal background, plus a trickier question, such as: Out of the 3 financial statements which one do you think is the most important. Some other questions include: if you get stuck at night with a project and don't think you can meet the deadline, what would you do? Do a sales pitch right now on a product, say, this tombstone? etc.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   3 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Branch Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Denton, TX (US)).

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter. The process was rather long and painful there was very little sense of finding out who I was. Focus was on business and not about the culture of the company to determine if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a negative situation with an employee or client?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

the process hiring process was quick and painless. i applied online last week, interviewed over the phone Friday and had a face to face interview today. my recruiter called me just a few hours later telling me the good news that wf wanted to move forward with the hiring process! the next step you will be required to provide fingerprints and consent to a back round check .be positive, enthusiastic, and provide detailed answers and you'll do great!

Interview Questions

• tell me about your most significant accomplishment you made as a part of a group basically,what was your contribution to the project or whatever your role was in helping your team with this accomplishment? (this one threw me off)   1 Answer
    • what are you looking for in this position? (something like "why did you apply for this particular position at wf")   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to meet a difficult sales goal and what did you do to meet it? (i think this is the most important. be detailed!)   Answer Question
    • if you are not meeting your goal, what will you do and how quickly will you turn it around?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There is a 3 tier interview process, that is uncomplicated and easily completed. First a phone interview, then two additional interviews followed by a background check. There is no drug testing. If you have an outgoing and friendly personality, aren't shy with money, and love people this is a great fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the sales aspect of the job?   1 Answer

Operations Clerk (While Attending College) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

Employee Referral Program credits internal employees for the recommendation of potential quality candidates. This was the circumstance that has given me the opportunity to start my career in the banking industry. Internal employee connection was already established that aided me with the simple interview process.

The simple interview process inquired about my goals and interests, along with any questions I have. Since I was a college student, I had little experience to ask specific questions. Nonetheless, I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager offered to answer any questions I may have about Wells Fargo, since I was still a college student.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview went well. Don't be nervous because they will know and don't forget to smile. Be ready to have examples to back up your answers. You want your answers to be related to the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question