Wells Fargo Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA US

2.8

132 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Applied on its career website on late February 2013, scheduled phone interview 3 weeks later. 2 weeks later had a national interview preparing conference call. And then a panel interview in April 2013. Both interview are behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview and standard questions. 4 questions I was asked in the panel interview: 1. handle different opinions with your team. 2 overcome office challenge. 3 sell things to people that they don’t want. 4 how you set goal and achieve them.   View Answer

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
    1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
    During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
    2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
    3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
    Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
    Never heard back from the recruiter.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question
    45k contract.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Phone interview covering resume details, questions about understanding of the position and if any research was done on the company prior to the interview, 1:1 interview to determine personality and skills capability

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you had with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Six different team leads interview, ne at a time. Interviews are technical and based on questions from previous projects., If you have real experience than all questions are straight forward. Employer is looking to hire not to eliminate.

Contract was negotiated before interview.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Regional Private Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interviewed, was told that I wouldn't adapt well, despite significant personal and work life history to the contrary. This was code for you are over 50 and we want simple young people.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, they do not want honesty, they want compliance....   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for summer internship

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

Systems QA Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

The Interview process was very interesting QA lead took my first round Face to Face and initially he explained me about the project and process in company and then asked me to tell him from my experience i would be helpful or contribute to project.
    Second Round was with Hiring Manager who mostly asked me about my career path and other Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • First round can be little tricky as there are no direct technical questions from the Lead they come as you answer the questions along the way during interview.   Answer Question
    Smooth

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!